996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Porsche guy one, AAA zero....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 12:52 PM
wyo996 is infamous around these parts
Porsche guy one, AAA zero....

My son was driving home from a date in Okla City 2 AM today and had a flat in his hot rod 3000gt. AAA arrived l hr later drunk and simply stated he could not tow the car without damage. All my son wanted was some help with lighting and protection as he was on a dangerous curved bridge, but the guy just faked another call and left without helping. Out of all the thousands of cars that passed only a Porsche guy in a 997 stopped to help. They managed to get the donut spare on and my son limped home. So remember that story when you hear the jokes about P-cars with the ****** on the inside.
Will

Old 07-15-2008, 01:01 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
AAA/tow truck driver was intoxicated?!?!

Old 07-15-2008, 01:11 PM
wyo996 is infamous around these parts
He seemed to be, and slinked away without helping a stranded motorist. He was reported. Will

Old 07-15-2008, 01:27 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
GOOD. That is unacceptable..

Old 07-15-2008, 01:59 PM
Malakas is infamous around these parts
That is flat out ridiculous. Leaving without evening helping change the tire is pretty suspicious. Props to that 997 guy.

Old 07-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Mother is infamous around these parts
Glad he got home safe. AAA as far as I know contract out the towing etc, so you never really know what you will get. The only problems I have had is when the towing guy wants to hook up to the front suspension and says that's the proper way to do it...Fortunetly I always win and say use my tow hook that is what it is for.

Old 07-15-2008, 02:41 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
AAA is BS IMO. Cheap and dodgy service. They charge you extra for being out of metro areas too.

Big props to the Porsche guy. Most porsche drivers (or motorists) don't know or won't bother to change flats themselves. Stopping to help someone in the middle of the night is really a nice surprise. Good karma!

Old 07-16-2008, 10:18 AM
BostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really nice
I had AAA before but the service never impressed me. Now that I switched insurance carriers, they offer road side assistance so I went with that instead.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:55 PM
ls911 has a spectacular aura aboutls911 has a spectacular aura aboutls911 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by djantlive
AAA is BS IMO. Cheap and dodgy service. They charge you extra for being out of metro areas too.

Big props to the Porsche guy. Most porsche drivers (or motorists) don't know or won't bother to change flats themselves. Stopping to help someone in the middle of the night is really a nice surprise. Good karma!
+1 on all of that

Old 07-16-2008, 02:21 PM
PTarga is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BostonCarrera4S
I had AAA before but the service never impressed me. Now that I switched insurance carriers, they offer road side assistance so I went with that instead.
I'd check the fine print, it's probably the same towers as AAA.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:58 PM
BostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really niceBostonCarrera4S is just really nice
Originally Posted by PTarga
I'd check the fine print, it's probably the same towers as AAA.
It maybe but if you don't have premium AAA then you don't got free towing. I paid an extra 15 on insurance to get road side so I already saved myself some money already.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:34 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, great story.... glad to hear everything worked out.

BTW: I once had a faulty fuel sending unit so I ended up stranded on the highway. I had not one, not two but three trucks stop for me. Of course the third was a flat bed and so it was done....

I do a lot of auto related transactions so just for the service of the office it's worth it for me.

-Eli

Old 07-16-2008, 07:40 PM
SoCal996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BostonCarrera4S
It maybe but if you don't have premium AAA then you don't got free towing. I paid an extra 15 on insurance to get road side so I already saved myself some money already.
I have the basic AAA membership and towing is free ONLY for the first 7 miles. I more use it for my wife and mom when they get flat tires, lock their keys in the car or need a jump start. So far, AAA has been there for me in all occassions in less than half an hour BUT that was all locally.

But this is a great story of a good samaritan!!!! Pcar owner or not, this guy deserves a clap since there are not many out there like him.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:07 PM
call-911 is infamous around these parts
I've had good and bad experiences with AAA towing. My wife was left standing by her car for over an hour and a half and this was local. I sold my truck to a friend who had AAA, the truck needed to be towed so he made the call and the tow truck was there within a half hour and the driver was very friendly. The 30 mile tow was "free". I guess it's hit and miss like almost everything else

Old 07-26-2008, 12:38 PM
nacelle is infamous around these parts
Happy ending to a tough luck story, Will.

Been some time since we communicated, how's that supercharged C4S of yours running?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche guy one, AAA zero....