996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Scratched Center Consoles. What are the alternatives?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 05:50 PM
nineninesixer! is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by uberpoop
well... i got my info on the internet, and i dont believe anything from Al Gore...
seriously though, heard that, i think on here there is a thread in 996 forum about alcantara dashes... thats where i got my 'stain resistant' propaganda.

is a thread worth finding... the one guy in san diego had alcantara dash done with pics, and it is just gorgeous.
Yeah I have a friend that does interiors for Brabus and he did an alcantara interior on a 997, havent seen the car in a year to see what had happened to it. But the day that it was done, the work was amazing, unfortunately he doesnt do outside work anymore. So Id have to find another guy that can do a quality job. The job took 1 month to cover the interior of a 997.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:01 AM
Banned
etwd is just really niceetwd is just really niceetwd is just really niceetwd is just really nice
alcantara dash? love to see pics!

Old 07-26-2008, 11:36 AM
AsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the rough
Another cost effective alternative and call me crazy....VINYL!

I am serious...take the console out and bring it to a good vinyl wrap place or heck do it yourself. You can have it any color even carbon fiber.

The center console is not that detailed where someone would notice even if you messed up a few places. Best part it is not permanent and the vinyl acts like a protector for the console.

if mine wasnt painted to match my car I would consider vinyl CF.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:10 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AsianImage
Another cost effective alternative and call me crazy....VINYL!

I am serious...take the console out and bring it to a good vinyl wrap place or heck do it yourself. You can have it any color even carbon fiber.

The center console is not that detailed where someone would notice even if you messed up a few places. Best part it is not permanent and the vinyl acts like a protector for the console.

if mine wasnt painted to match my car I would consider vinyl CF.
good idea for look but this is something you rest your arm around so the sticker wont feel good i think

Old 07-26-2008, 07:50 PM
PhantomMoneyPit is infamous around these parts
bumperplugs and match it to ur exterior

Old 07-27-2008, 02:46 PM
uberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by etwd
alcantara dash? love to see pics!
i finally found the alcantara dash pics from another thread...

this post
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/1647856-post23.html

and this post
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/1649153-post30.html

damn this looks good... I would love to have my dash, full centerconsole, front pillars, and maybe door skins in alcantara... damn, what wouldn't look good in alcantara?

Old 07-27-2008, 03:34 PM
PacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud of
Looks very expensive but wicked.

Old 07-27-2008, 05:46 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Let us know when you get some $$ figures.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:04 PM
AsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by djantlive
good idea for look but this is something you rest your arm around so the sticker wont feel good i think
you know I dont really "rest" my arm on the center console. maybe some people do, I rarely ever touch the painted part of my console.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:25 PM
masq is infamous around these parts
Are there any updates on this? I've been interested in doing this project, but never knew where to go to get something like this done.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.