996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

iPOD placement in an 01 996

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 08:53 PM
MCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to behold
iPOD placement in an 01 996

The po of my car did a good job on the audio and upgraded the stereo to an Alpine with an iPOD attachment. However, where he put the iPOD brackets block the radio buttons. I've been looking for a better place to mount it but can't find one. So 6speeders, what would be a better place to mount the iPOD? Oh my friend with an e46 M3 very matter of factly suggested I put it in the glovebox.

Old 08-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Flyer007 is infamous around these parts
I stick mine in the cubby in the main stack

Old 08-03-2008, 09:00 PM
MCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Flyer007
I think i am "cubby-less". I have that ghay 4 cd holder that was designed by the cup holder design team

Old 08-03-2008, 09:02 PM
flash80 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Flyer007
same

Old 08-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by flash80
same

OK I see what you mean now. I guess if it doesn't mix with your blow you're ok .

Do you just run the wire unde the shifter? I am doing the ssk this week and could knock both out...

Old 08-03-2008, 10:07 PM
flash80 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MCM97
OK I see what you mean now. I guess if it doesn't mix with your blow you're ok .

Do you just run the wire unde the shifter? I am doing the ssk this week and could knock both out...
I didn't think you could see the blow in the picture.

Yeah; I just ran the wire underneath the center console and up through the back of the armrest. I didn't have to cut any holes, there's a gap that I squeezed the wire through. Good luck.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:27 AM
The Dark Knight is infamous around these parts
This may work for you:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KUDA-...2em118Q2el1247

I am considering getting one as well and it is a 996 specific part there is also another piece that can mount to it.

Good Luck.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Dominick is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Hot_Chocolate
This may work for you:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KUDA-...2em118Q2el1247

I am considering getting one as well and it is a 996 specific part there is also another piece that can mount to it.

Good Luck.
I dont know about this - this looks too "Magnum PI" from the 1980s

Old 08-04-2008, 02:19 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
this is what I did with my ipod touch:

suction cup at the back with an "L" shaped bracket that slides between the CD slots (I guess it will work with the tape ones)
-joel

Old 08-04-2008, 04:02 PM
my climate control is where your little cubby is. sucks...

Old 08-04-2008, 04:21 PM
The Dark Knight is infamous around these parts
Obviously you are not going to install a corded phone The other install blocks the cubby/ climate control/ or etc and the CD/ tape caddy and seems to be a little cumbersome to R&R the ipod dialy. The Kuda with the Dice Caddy is a much cleaner install and the ipod pops in and out quickly. Hardly Magnum PI ish.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:49 PM
GATORFAN is infamous around these parts
I've always been perplexed by the need for audio enhancements in a Porsche???? While I respect everyone's appreciation for music, I need only the unique sounds of the car to comfort me. The car is the music. Save the high tech audio for home, office or the comfy sedan.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Euclid is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
this is what I did with my ipod touch:

suction cup at the back with an "L" shaped bracket that slides between the CD slots (I guess it will work with the tape ones)
-joel
Where can I get floor mats like that?

Old 08-04-2008, 11:08 PM
kunkstyle is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GATORFAN
I've always been perplexed by the need for audio enhancements in a Porsche???? While I respect everyone's appreciation for music, I need only the unique sounds of the car to comfort me. The car is the music. Save the high tech audio for home, office or the comfy sedan.
Guessing you don't do a lot of 1000 mile road trips in it... I couldn't imagine owning any car without access to my music.

As for ipod placement, I ran the cable down the centre console and out the ashtray slot, then removed the ashtray and have the pod in there. I want to fab up a dock for it that will fit in there, but not sure if I've got the skills to make anything that will look half decent.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:32 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Euclid
Where can I get floor mats like that?
Rennline track mats.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: iPOD placement in an 01 996