996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Show me pics of your rear seat removal please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 09:56 AM
C.Plavan is infamous around these parts
Show me pics of your rear seat removal please

Hi guys & gals,
I am thinking of removing my rear seats since I never use them anyway. Can you guys post some pictures of your car after the rear seat removal? I know there is a finishing kit you can order to cover up all the holes etc. I'm looking for a nice project to do this weekend. Also, should I remove the rear belts to give it that finished look? I would like to, but do not know how hard it would be.

Old 09-05-2003, 01:49 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Chad, meet me in Alemeda on Saturday!!. The Cayenne-Experience is this weekend

The Porsche Cayenne has gone through relentless testing in the most demanding places on Earth. Now, we will take you on the same journey - through the toughest lands, climates and topography - and you won't even have to leave the Bay Area.

Experience the Cayenne's breathtaking acceleration and incredible balance as you maneuver tight turns and slaloms on the high performance road course. Feel first hand the exceptional stopping power of the massive, internally vented brakes.

Become part of an off-road excursion on a custom built course, with everything from hill climbs to rock climbs. The challenging landscape allows you to put this automobile to the test, proving that Cayenne truly is an all terrain vehicle.

Stop by the Cayenne Experience Tent to see and hear the Porsche story, trace the development of Cayenne from concept to reality, and learn about specialized Cayenne accessories and equipment.

After all this activity you will be hungry, so head to the complementary food court and refuel.

The Journey begins at Alameda Naval Air Station in Alameda, CA. Directions
Friday, September 5th
Saturday, September 6th
or
Sunday, September 7th

Expeditions begin every hour on the hour, from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.

Old 09-06-2003, 11:23 AM
Kevin-
I got that postcard thing in the mail inviting me to that deal. I have already driven the VW, so there is no need to drive the Cayenne :P I got back from Cabo and am one sick puppy right now. I have this summer cold thing and it is driving me crazy. I need to get better quick. Alot of things going on in a week.
I got my racecar back from the dyno/shop. We figured out why it was cutting out at high RPM's. I had 2 valve springs broken (valve float) and the jetting on the Carb's were way too lean. I guess they have been broken for some time. After tuning and fixing/changing everything on the racecar, it has another 30HP on tap! Next race is at the end of the month in Buttonwillow. You and Chris should come out for the day to check it out. Start saving money- cuz you will want to buy one.

Old 09-06-2003, 09:30 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
You didn't miss much.. just got back.. the off road part was cool.. but the Whole "Experience" was very short Wow a extra 30HP!! Thats hallin some more *** now!! Let me know the Buttonwillow dates... I hope its not 26 & 27th.. I'll be in Vegas.. Im afraid to catch the bug. I will want one for sure!

Old 09-06-2003, 10:42 PM
Toothzilla is just really niceToothzilla is just really niceToothzilla is just really niceToothzilla is just really niceToothzilla is just really nice
Chad, let me know when. I have to take my car into Niello for some warranty work on the 26th, so hopefully it won't be at the same time.

Funny, I was just thinking about taking apart my backseat, too.

Chris

Old 09-07-2003, 11:16 AM
DOH! It is the weekend of the 26th & 27th. Chris you can come on Sunday. It's only about 2 hours from Fresno (pulling a trailer) Kevin- Cancel the Vegas trip:P There is a special Porsche run group from the East coast that weekend. It will be a blast.

Old 09-07-2003, 11:24 AM
Modaholic
Hmmm.. Bachelor Party or The Race Track..... well ok I'll cancel.. just a lot of topless women at bachelor parties anyway

Old 09-07-2003, 12:34 PM
Well you didn't say why you were going. Hell, I'll met you in Vegas :P

We have a race in Vegas in November. That's always a good time!

Old 09-08-2003, 06:58 AM
pierre is infamous around these parts
Hi Chad,

I removed my Turbo's rear seats a few weeks ago. Pretty easy stuff.

Greetings,
--Pierre

Attached Images  
Old 09-08-2003, 09:07 AM
Pierre-
Is it hard to remove the seat belts? Did you try? Also I heard when you remove the bottom seat cushions there is a velcro strip there. Did you remove that also?
Thanks

Old 09-08-2003, 09:18 AM
pierre is infamous around these parts
No, I didn't try to remove the seat belts. And yes, there is a little velcro strip under the cushions. I think I removed them...

Greetings,
--Pierre