996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

my 996 vs saab 900 spg

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 04:45 AM
bruceinmiami is infamous around these parts
my 996 vs saab 900 spg

down here in fantasyland, seeing a saab c900 is rare. very rare.
about a month ago i'm in my 911, all yellow and detailed, and a 87-93 spg is next to me in a light. charcoal gray and mint.
i got weak knees for those cars.
i'm loving the spg so much that i'm about to lower my window and compliment away. however, i'm so absorbed by the spg that i fail to realize the chick in the passenger seat ogling my ride, and the guy not to0 pleased.
i get mixed feelings at giving the guy a compliment for his car since his chick is so damn hot and digging my car.
meanwhile, i pull away and get the feeling he must've realized i was liking the car originally since i pull up to him "just so" at the light.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:04 AM
Jake Ok is a jewel in the roughJake Ok is a jewel in the roughJake Ok is a jewel in the rough
That is why you should have both. This is my 4th Saab and 3rd Viggen, I love them and they seem to be very much under rated cars. After I got the P car its now my wife's car and she gets the pick up look all the time especially when the conv. top is down.

Attached Images  
Old 08-06-2008, 08:39 AM
ls911 has a spectacular aura aboutls911 has a spectacular aura aboutls911 has a spectacular aura about
Sorry...saabs have always been on the ugly side 4 me, esp the older yrs, those are just plain fugly

But the hot girl knew her ****

They might of though you were high...like pulling next to a cambry in an S class giving props

Old 08-06-2008, 12:18 PM
PassWithCare is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ls911
Sorry...saabs have always been on the ugly side 4 me, esp the older yrs, those are just plain fugly

But the hot girl knew her ****

They might of though you were high...like pulling next to a cambry in an S class giving props
not a real saab fan myself.. born from jets?..wtf?

Old 08-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
saabs? they're POSs just like the triumphs, but for some reason they have a cult following that i'll never begin to understand.

she's taken. why mixed feelings? there are so many hot chicks in South Beach they're a dime a dozen. Delano baby.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
saabs? they're POSs just like the triumphs, but for some reason they have a cult following that i'll never begin to understand.

she's taken. why mixed feelings? there are so many hot chicks in South Beach they're a dime a dozen. Delano baby.
a great car guy moment came and went w/out proper respect given. i'm still thinking about that saab. the chick is a dime a dozen as you point out.

don't diss the saab, though. those saabs got more character than you may ever understand.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Euclid is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bruceinmiami
a great car guy moment came and went w/out proper respect given. i'm still thinking about that saab. the chick is a dime a dozen as you point out.

don't diss the saab, though. those saabs got more character than you may ever understand.
and WAY more character than the south beach hoes

Old 08-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by ls911

dude! thats the other thing that was running through my mind as i pulled up to him! how the hell am i supposed to congratulate his $3k relic from my $40k wundercar?!

it woulda been the talk of the sierra club

Old 08-06-2008, 08:37 PM
mountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to beholdmountainC4 is a splendid one to behold
Are you fricking serious!! we have a saab conv that my wife drives I would give anything to get that pos our of my garage but the damn thing is worth so little that it is not worth selling.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:36 PM
newport996 is infamous around these partsnewport996 is infamous around these parts
Had a 87 900 Turbo conv with the SPG package on it.....AMAZING car....Sold it with over 250k on the clock and reliable as hell....New Saabs are junk. GM quality.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:14 PM
ls911 has a spectacular aura aboutls911 has a spectacular aura aboutls911 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by bruceinmiami
dude! thats the other thing that was running through my mind as i pulled up to him! how the hell am i supposed to congratulate his $3k relic from my $40k wundercar?!

it woulda been the talk of the sierra club
Exactly, WTF is this guy on...

It does take some heuvos to come clean on that saab fetish you got going on.. Hats off for that

Old 08-14-2008, 11:12 PM
Doc_Porsche is infamous around these partsDoc_Porsche is infamous around these parts
not a saab fan

Old 08-15-2008, 04:00 PM
dcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the rough
I had a 2000 9-3 Convertible. I can say without hesitation that it was the worst car i've ever owned, period. I wouldn't go near another saab with a 100-foot clown pole. Sure, the power train was reasonably reliable, but everything else was crap. Once the warranty ran out it was an absolute nightmare. I almost paid someone to take it off my hands and even now breathe a sigh of relief at the fact that it is no longer in my possession.

Not to mention the turbo lag mixed with torque steer, combined with the rough ride.

Originally Posted by Jake Ok
That is why you should have both. This is my 4th Saab and 3rd Viggen, I love them and they seem to be very much under rated cars. After I got the P car its now my wife's car and she gets the pick up look all the time especially when the conv. top is down.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:03 PM
dcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the rough
i'm lucky, i got the one out my garage a couple years ago. My wife didn't even complain after all the problems that car had.

Originally Posted by mountainC4
Are you fricking serious!! we have a saab conv that my wife drives I would give anything to get that pos our of my garage but the damn thing is worth so little that it is not worth selling.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:18 PM
nobody is pretending they're reliable. especially since we're talking 20 year old cars. but sexy never comes cheap.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: my 996 vs saab 900 spg