996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

It is porsche a difficult car to drive ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Euclid is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lithium1330
Just realized something.... since Euro > USD.... you can get a lot more car if you buy it in the US and ship it back to Romania. You should consider contacting one of the many tuners in the US to see if they have project cars for sale in your price range. Then, you'll truly have something unique back home.
The dollar is stronger right now against the euro than it has been in the past 6 months

Old 08-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Luke03 is infamous around these parts
The dolar It's not stronger than euro, for example 50.000 euro it's 75.000 dolars , 60.000 euro = 90.000 $
I was thinking to buy a car from US, but how i should proceed ? How much cost the shipping 2000 3000k $ ?
And i hear the cars from US are more better that cars from europe, and comes available standard with more options, true ?

Old 08-10-2008, 02:29 AM
Obsideon is infamous around these parts
Thumbs down *sigh*

I also must apologize ahead of time but I totally agree with porschefan as well.

The fastest way to the hospital (or even the cemetery) is a "Powered by MOM" 300+ hp vehicle driven by an inexperience young gun showing off to his high school buddies that he's got a pimpin' ride.

First off, you are not purchasing the car with your own blood & sweat earned money, therefore I highly doubt you have the appreciation of owning a Porsche. Which often leads to reckless driving and a higher potential of damaging/destroying the car or worse, other people/cars. Especially with such a powerful engine pushing this rear wheel monster.

Then there's the issue of your experience. Based on my observations of your posts, you do not know much about Porsche. Infact, I've almost come to the conclusion that you barely know anything about cars in general. You say you are 18? That means you practically just got your licence? How much driving have you done in any kind of vehicle let alone refined sportscar such as Porsche?
I am very curious to know, what previous vehicles have you owned and/or driven if you don't mind sharing?

I have personally witnessed too many casualties from young drivers with too powerful cars to want to help you get your car from your mother.

Don't get me wrong I've been in your shoes. Luckily when I crashed as a testoterone pumped kid in my teens it was a piece of junk '82 Corolla so it was technically not possible to go fast enough to cause any bodily harm!

Then I moved on gradually. Civic -> Lexus -> Benz -> Porsche ... you'll learn to appreciate everything in life just a little bit more.
I'm actually a little bit surprised there's so many great members on this forum that genuinely want to help teach you more about what-you-do-not-know. I consider myself pretty noob when it comes to these P-cars but the questions here are ignorant to the point that they shouldn't even be asked.

You & your family should consider carefully before going ahead with all of this.
The last thing I would want would be you losing control flying down the highway at 100+ mph .. potential loss of precious life and a precious automobile.
Good luck with everything though.

Last edited by Obsideon; 08-10-2008 at 02:36 AM.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:24 AM
I don't remember was asking you if i buy a porsche or not because is dangerous. That is my problem and i'm a good driver. You'll be surprised how much i know about cars but doesen't matter. The decision was taken.
I will buy a carrera S coupe 355 HP with six speed manual gearbox, and later i will upgrade the bodykit like turbo.

Old 08-10-2008, 08:27 AM
Sammi_s is infamous around these parts
If ur gonna put a turbo in that later ... u might as well just buy a Turbo now save the hassle and money !

Old 08-10-2008, 08:31 AM
No no, i say i will put only the bodykit, the spoilers.
A simply carrera don't look like the turbo version.

Old 08-10-2008, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by Luke03
No no, i say i will put only the bodykit, the spoilers.
A simply carrera don't look like the turbo version.

ok in the case ... happy buying !

im currently looking for a Porsche too ... so hopefully im gonna be in one, but i strongly suggest u take the advice of some of these guys they really give good advice.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:03 AM
ls911 has a spectacular aura aboutls911 has a spectacular aura aboutls911 has a spectacular aura about
Due to your youth and passion it is had to see the wisdom from some of the advice given to you. I also know it that it's very hard not to get defensive as we all do it no matter the age.
At 18 you probably are a good driver but can only be a good driver within the standards (experience) of 18 year olds.

Many times the most difficult road to take is the best. I will not give you any advice on what Porsche to buy or tell you how much you know or don't know about them.
I will post what I would do in your position and hope you give it some consideration
I would gracefully thank my mother for the wonderful thought of offering to give me such a gift.
I then would decline and let her know that it is important to you to work towards achieving that goal/challenge on your own.
This is an important part of being a strong self sufficient man. You will make your mother very proud as she will be able to see into this
Please also think of this.
No matter how careful and good one is as a driver the chances of a serious accident in a sports car are much much higher. If you would be in such an unfortunate situation your mother will feel an incredible amount of guilt no matter what you think. This is a position you should never put her in regardless of how bad you want a 996/7

I do hope it all works out for you

Old 08-10-2008, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by ls911
Due to your youth and passion it is had to see the wisdom from some of the advice given to you. I also know it that it's very hard not to get defensive as we all do it no matter the age.
At 18 you probably are a good driver but can only be a good driver within the standards (experience) of 18 year olds.

Many times the most difficult road to take is the best. I will not give you any advice on what Porsche to buy or tell you how much you know or don't know about them.
I will post what I would do in your position and hope you give it some consideration
I would gracefully thank my mother for the wonderful thought of offering to give me such a gift.
I then would decline and let her know that it is important to you to work towards achieving that goal/challenge on your own.
This is an important part of being a strong self sufficient man. You will make your mother very proud as she will be able to see into this
No matter how careful and good one is as a driver the chances of a serious accident in a sports car are much much higher. If you would be in such an unfortunate situation your mother will feel an incredible amount of guilt no matter what you think. This is a position you should never put her in regardless of how bad you want a 996/7

that was excellent advice !

Old 08-10-2008, 09:56 AM
That you all for advices guys.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:32 AM
Euclid is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ls911

Well said

Old 08-10-2008, 10:39 AM
AllBusinessJoe is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Luke03
That is my problem and i'm a good driver. You'll be surprised how much i know about cars but doesen't matter. The decision was taken.
I will buy a carrera S coupe 355 HP with six speed manual gearbox, and later i will upgrade the bodykit like turbo.
Of course, you're an excellent driver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vMCT...eature=related

Old 08-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Of course i am, i kick your *** out, anywhere you want, on the track, street

Old 08-10-2008, 01:10 PM
DsoVIP is infamous around these parts
im 19 and i have an 02 996. I came from driving a s13 240sx, to a 06 wrx, to the porsche. The porsche is definitely harder to control than the previous cars i had. Rwd with the motor in the rear is a whole different driving experience. With my experience, it is pretty difficult to drive it hard, unlike the way I was able to with the previous cars.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:04 PM
RaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the rough
im 18 and drive my dads car all the time....its not a hard car to drive but it can be when pushing it to the limit on the track or on some roads because i dont have traction control :P

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It is porsche a difficult car to drive ?