996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

It is porsche a difficult car to drive ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 04:09 PM
soothsayer is infamous around these parts
The 997 carrera and carrera S are narrow.. the 997 carrera 4s is wide body.
the S means it has more hp.

The majority of the people I share the road with should not be licensed to ride a bicycle let alone a car. Therefor, you should fit in perfectly in a porsche. Buy gran turismo on nintendo wii and practice for a couple hours, you'll be an ace in no time..... GODSPEED!!

Old 08-11-2008, 11:01 PM
CaRJoE0220 is infamous around these partsCaRJoE0220 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Luke03
i think i chose the carrera S with rear wheel drive, because i don t like the 4wd, the consumpt is much more and the car will understeer and there's no more fun like RWD
Of course i am, i kick your *** out, anywhere you want, on the track, street
I dont know how to respond.

I am 21 bought my 911 when I was 20 with MY OWN MONEY (well the banks haha) But I NEVER had this mentality. I have never even street raced anyone.... insurance is killer already

Old 08-12-2008, 06:27 AM
Luke03 is infamous around these parts
I love to drive fast and risky. that's me. and a 997 carrera S with bodykit techart is my best choise.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:40 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I wish there was some way to convince you to wait a couple years before buying this car. That isn't going to happen, so I would really advise you to take a performance driving course before you take posession of the vehicle. It sounds like you can afford it, and it would be fun. Maybe it will help keep you and others around you safe.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:35 AM
delirium is infamous around these parts
or if you insist on getting a 911, get one with 4WD.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:51 AM
dcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the rough
i'm a skeptic, and this thread seems like a possible farce ...

Old 08-12-2008, 11:45 AM
VSaha is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dcentric
i'm a skeptic, and this thread seems like a possible farce ...
I am beginning to feel the same.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:09 PM
gsieck is infamous around these parts
This thread is ludicrous.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Ohhhhhhh goood take me take me ...

Old 08-13-2008, 01:35 AM
BrianD996 is infamous around these parts
If your lazy like me, get a tip 996. One less thing to worry about.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:03 AM
LamboRick is infamous around these parts
I love to drive fast and risky. that's me. and a 997 carrera S with bodykit techart is my best choise.
An 18 year old who likes to take risks on the road in a Porsche. That has disaster written all over it. Sounds like you also want to rice it out by throwing bodykits on it without any performance....

Have you even calculated if you can afford the insurance & maintenance of a brand new Porsche at your age? I'm betting not.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:43 AM
Tim Crowe is infamous around these parts
I had never sat in one until I bought mine and that was 22 years ago and have loved every minute of it!

Old 08-13-2008, 08:12 PM
I think i will leave the porsche and drive my f**in **** car with 80 HP and i will buy a suzuki gsxr 1000 or a kawasaki zx10r, i got licence for cars and motorcycles to , don't worry. And will go to a driving school here in romania for motorcycle to know much better ,countersteering or some**** ... and doing some nice stuff wheelie, stoppie etc

Old 08-13-2008, 09:43 PM
ls911 has a spectacular aura aboutls911 has a spectacular aura aboutls911 has a spectacular aura about
WOW!!!

Killer dude!!!! That's your best idea by far.

Here I was afraid I might have giving you too much credit. Hope is probably the better word.

All doubts have been erased

Old 08-13-2008, 09:56 PM
bsgore is infamous around these parts
For me, dealing with people with little or no English, you're doing well with just three years. But I think you haven't spent enough time thinking your needs through. Do you live in an urban environment or suburban or rural (in the city or country, sorry). I prefer manuals but don't have the patience to use them anymore in NYC. But I do think that a manual will suit your desire more than a Tiptronic.
Second, I would normally recommend getting the newest model available (997...it's a fantastic machine). But, as an old (in many ways) Porsche fan, I preferred air-cooled. If I was getting a 996 I would get a 2002 and up model (MY2001 where you might be although, that's what it is in the UK). The engine seems to be more reliable (although the RMS problems only affected a small percentage of early 911's and Boxsters, and continued in a even lesser degree in later years). And there are quality issues that were improved.
Obviously, a 4WD might not be what you are looking for but they are nice if you get a lot of bad weather). The Boxster and Cayman models don't have a limited slip I believe although they are very nice handling cars. But that brings up another point. I think you are caught up in the horsepower thing. Hey, it's nice, but an extra 20 or 30 hp isn't really going to make a big difference if you don't have the skills. I know people (and I'm one of them) who drive or drove earlier 911's and while they might not have the same 0-60 times, you're not driving in a straight line or oval (NASCAR). The real fun, to this driver, is a windy road. Boy, when I get into my 993 and go back country I have a hoot. And even my old 356C was as much fun going 70 or 80 as driving an Aston Vanquish at 100+ (when I get the chance). It a Rice Rocket mentality that thinks doing burnouts and donuts are driving. No offense, but you probably live within driving distance of some of the most fun unrestrictive roads in the world (but watch out for Les Flics). Why do you think the Austin Mini was such a good rally car? The HP or the handling? To me, that's Porsche driving. Of course, when I get my Turbo I might think differently.
And, and I can't believe the prices that Porsches, and other fine cars, are getting in the UK and the EU. Perhaps that's why so many people are importing them from here. Not a plug!

best regards,

Billy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It is porsche a difficult car to drive ?