996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Big Thanks Mz Motorsports And Gbox!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 11:52 PM
silver_6r is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Big Thanks Mz Motorsports And Gbox!!

i got my baby back yesterday (aug 21)

i new something was wrong when my gearbox started to sound like a straight cut box... if you havent heard a straight cut box... it sounds like SH*T!!

first, thanks to Josh and Stan at GBOX in Colorado. Stan took the time to talk to me at length about the issues and reliability of 996 gear boxes. failure modes and common issues... even what issues dont exist... he was the only OWNER to do so.

he recieved my gearbox and told me matter of factly "its a parts bin"... and he arranged to send me out a remanufactured GB and transfer my LSD after replacing the discs. the price was about $9000cdn less than i would have paid locally for a "new" Porsche box. Josh had the box shipped out the next day! great people, great service, and they keep thier word.

second... Michael Zaffee of MZ motorsports in Renton WA... great guy, great service. he R&R the GB for me. BUT he also replaced my air/oil seperator and noticed that my RMS was just starting to leak.. and replaced that too. he is very well educated on P-cars and got the job done as promised when promised.. and the price was unbelievable.

i have to seriously thanks these guys ... i know quality and service when i see it. both are honest and really do care about the customer.

saved a lot of money (the entire job cost me $4700us) and got kick *** personal service too but...these usually dont go together.

thanks again guys...

Rod
Vancouver, BC, Canada

Last edited by silver_6r; 08-21-2008 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:36 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Glad to hear that your car is running again. Hope to see you out at some PCA events.

Ed

Old 08-22-2008, 01:04 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
congrats- it's always nice to hear about a good repair experience. usually you only hear about the nightmares.

Old 08-22-2008, 01:55 AM
Outlaw is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Rod.. Thanks for the shout out... I had a blast working on your 996.. if you and your freinds ever need some help just give me a call..