996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Widebody Conversion Under WAY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 06:22 AM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
niptuck. lets see some carnage.

Old 08-11-2004, 07:48 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
"True...but the other was designed to work together by Porsche engineers and has a warranty. Not that a '99 C2 has a warrranty, but you get my point."

What's the point, that he doesn't have a warranty after just like he didn't before? Suppose he can use the $10s of thousand difference to pay for a couple out of warranty repairs?

"Also put in a chip, upgrade the Turbos and give the TT sticky tires and see who does better on the track..."

Put the same sticky tires on his modified car and it would be interesting. Bottomline again though, he'd still have 2X the cost in it. Why not just buy a CGT if money is no object?

"Last I checked the heavier C4S with AWD larger brakes and wider tires(factory as compared to C2) lapped a big faster than the C2 on the Ring..."

Did that C2 have the same track his will post modification?

Old 08-11-2004, 09:25 AM
Geezer is just really niceGeezer is just really niceGeezer is just really niceGeezer is just really nice
Originally posted by Don Relentless
now if you add the new 4.0 engine from germany (TUV approved) with 450 lbs of torque that we would be on.
Sorry - don't mean to hijack the thread.. BUt I did a search on this and was unable to find anything. Could someone post a little more info on this engine, how one might acquire it, etc.?

Many thanks.

Old 08-11-2004, 11:59 AM
ruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to behold
Sorry, I can't give any info on that engine, even though I would like to learn more about it as well. But WOww that car is going to look amazing! Those are my favorite rims, that lip is somethign words cant describe! Keep the pictures cominggg!

Old 08-19-2004, 01:38 AM
Banned
RWDRIFTC2 is infamous around these parts
More pics, rear fender is finally finished, you guys like my two tone paint job.

Last edited by RWDRIFTC2; 08-19-2004 at 02:08 AM.
Old 08-19-2004, 03:50 AM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Wow what a rush!

RWDRIFTC2,

This is way too cool.... I'd like to see that myself. What are they charging you if you don't mind? I'm very interested in something like this if you want PM me.

-Eli

El Segundo, CA

Old 08-19-2004, 09:16 AM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Looks great, keep the pictures coming. How long is the complete job going to take? Cost?

Old 08-19-2004, 12:01 PM
oalvarez is infamous around these parts
Hey Jen, why not be happy for the guy? i think it's apparent that you don't care for the idea much, i'm sure the first comments were enough. it's just another mod, that's all it is.

have fun!

Old 08-19-2004, 01:59 PM
Banned
Originally posted by oalvarez
Hey Jen, why not be happy for the guy? i think it's apparent that you don't care for the idea much, i'm sure the first comments were enough. it's just another mod, that's all it is.

have fun!
Exactly its just another mod. Not a cheap mod, but something that I wanted to do. The widebody conversion with paint is in the ten thousand dollar plus price range. I just picked up the supercharger as well from Todd at Evo to actually try to spin those massive 315/25/19 's in the rear. Plus by the time I am done I will have spent 68K, but have a supercharged, 100 shot nitrous, new clutch and flywheel, 15" and 14" brembo brake upgrades, JIC cross suspension coilovers, metal widebody Techart 996 with a custom Cobalt blue paint job, full custom fiberglassed stereo in the rear seats with Strosek Wing, Strosek window spoiler, Porsche 6 Point Roll Bar, Bi Xenon headlights and GT3 Seats. I have plenty left over for fixing minor or major non warranty issues. The cheapest Turbo I found was 85K. I am still almost 20k under on a stock Turbo. I do understand that some members are concerned with why didn't I just buy a turbo, or buy a C4S, but we are all enthusiasts here on this board together because we share the same passion for Porsche. It does not mean everyone needs to agree on the same mods, and I am glad that we have to freedom to say what we want

Last edited by RWDRIFTC2; 08-20-2004 at 12:04 AM.
Old 08-19-2004, 02:18 PM
Bobby G is infamous around these parts
Vince, quit rubbing it in.

Old 08-19-2004, 02:23 PM
1101mv is infamous around these parts
$10,000 is not bad for the whole widebody. I am in the works of giving my 1999 C4 a turbo frontend, and that is setting me back about $6,000. I taught about putting on the rear turbo panels also but it seemed like my interior would be riped apart and I cant live with that. I am also putting in a SC. No need for a overpriced turbo when I will have the looks and speed of one for one third of the price. With the left over money I am buying a R22 helicopter. Will post pics soon.

Old 08-19-2004, 02:24 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Go for it! Sounds like a really cool project.. Good on you!

Old 08-19-2004, 03:13 PM
Banned
Originally posted by Bobby G
Vince, quit rubbing it in.
Sorry, I just started typing my mod list, and all of a suddenly I realized damn i am putting a lot of stuff in this car.

Old 08-19-2004, 11:53 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Question for you....

Originally posted by RWDRIFTC2
Exactly its just another mod. Not a cheap mod, but something that I wanted to do. The widebody conversion with paint is in the ten thousand dollar plus price range. I just picked up the supercharger as well from Todd at Evo to actually try to spin those massive 315/25/19 's in the rear. Plus by the time I am done I will have spent 68K, but have a supercharged, 100 shot nitrous, new clutch and flywheel, 15" and 14" brembo brake upgrades, JIC cross suspension coilovers, metal widebody Techart 996 with a custom Cobalt blue paint job, full custom fiberglassed stereo in the rear seats with Strosek Wing, Strosek window spoiler, Porsche 6 Point Roll Bar, Bi Xenon headlights and GT3 Seats. I have plenty left over for fixing minor or major non warranty issues. The cheapest Turbo I found was 85K. I am still almost 20k under on a stock Turbo. I do understand some people concern with why didn't I just buy a turbo, or buy a C4S, but we are all enthusiasts here on this board together because we share the same passion for Porsche. It does not mean everyone needs to agree on the same mods, and I am glad that we have to freedom to say what we want
Where did you get your metal wide body flares? & How much?

-Eli

Old 08-20-2004, 12:00 AM
Banned
Venice Collision Experts in Culver City. Your are probably looking around $15000 with install,parts and paint. Call them at 310-202-1555 and talk to Raj. I had them switch out my headlights as well from the 99 to the 2002 and up bi xenons. He is an expert in the widebody conversion. He has done about 5 of them total. I saw two of the other cars he did on this forum and was so impressed I had to have it done to mine as well.

Last edited by RWDRIFTC2; 08-20-2004 at 12:03 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Widebody Conversion Under WAY