996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

GT3 Bumper and Champion Springs DONE!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 11:21 AM
User1720 is infamous around these parts
PorscheFanatic you are a wise individual and I appreciate your thoughts. I respect you for posting your opinion. Thanks.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RaffiKaprielian
Hey Benjamin by the way, not trying to be a smartypants or anything, but i had a serious question for you. From the detailed descriptive message you posted, I can tell you have a good eye for these kind of things, and you seem to be a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to your cars (and i mean that with respect...not being sarcastic, just being honest in admitting that people like yourself usually know how to modify cars the right way). I was wondering what you think about black exhaust tips? someone on here suggested ceramic coating the exhaust tips like go from chrome to ceramic black...would you do it or not? Help me out here, what would look better?
my blessing and curse is that i know exactly what I like when it comes to car aesthetics so when people veer away from the path, i point it out with my opinions but a lot of dudes are real sensitive about their cars because it is their treasure, their gf so i do get entertainment value out of this.

I'm a fan of balance. black exhaust tips won't make a car look like crap because they are exactly that... tips. however, the 911 has lovely options with chrome exhaust tips or if you want more of a stealth look, the 997gt3 has those matte tips from the factory which are fine too. so i don't really have an aesthetic penchant for black or shiny metal tips... just make sure the fitment is good. that it doesn't stick out in a weird way like on FLY996's car. try to keep them tucked in or however the factory placed them.

so given how little it does to the look going from black to chrome and vice versa, i just wouldn't bother spending any time and $ into this effort.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
There's my thoughts...
post a pic of your 911 for reference on your aesthetic style/choice

Old 09-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by RaffiKaprielian
Ok Ben, you have made a good point again, but I didn't think posting pictures of the work i completed on a car will get me in legal trouble, nor did i think i would have to make a formal apology to you for making a comment about not wanting a porsche 911 look like an Intagra. I guess all i can say at this point is "my apologies to everyone who read this thread and is a proud owner of an Integra or integra-ish vehicle....or is related to someone who owns one" I myself own a Honda S2000...so I was not being a "snob" as our friend Ben here has made me out to be. I only made the reference to integra for lack of a better analogy.

Maybe i should delete this whole thread or something to avoid any persecution
you shouldn't get your panties in a bunch and decide to go play in the other sandbox because some stranger made some honest comments about your car that wasn't all praise... just handle it and take it for what it's worth. i personally would keep the post as-is since it's been pretty civil thus far.

i used to own a honda s2000 as well. great car.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:26 PM
WOW....i love the supercharger....Greddy or Comptech?? Mines all black including powdercoated black wheels (stock though....lol...i'll never learn, i like stock wheels in black). I have that same exact front lip on mine, but i updated the headlights to an '04 AP2. I won't touch the tips after all. Thanks for the advice man.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Banned
Any car lowered on wider wheels that pushes out to the corners of the fenders (sans rubbing) with a nice lip absolutely annihilates any stock wheel setup (RV camper van styles). In motion, a properly setup car is... really breathtaking.

You need to see this to understand why stock wheels really limit the visual potential of a car. Yes, it's a lot more money than keeping it stock wheels style but ya gotta pay to play sometimes.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:40 PM
True. I agree with what you explained. I guess next step is a nice 19" wheel setup. Black or silver finish?

Old 09-05-2008, 01:06 PM
Banned
Raffi, I think with red (I'm a closet red 911 fan), the silver will pop really nicely and much better than on my boring arctic silver color.

You can't go wrong with black centers either, but I'm generally not a fan of them as it hides the center design style.

Always polished lip.

Just make sure you buy a 19" set from a reputable company so you get excellent fitment/quality.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:07 PM
PassWithCare is infamous around these parts
brightened and lightly touched.. hopefully this will show on the thread.. does in photoshop

Attached Images  
Old 09-06-2008, 12:27 PM
jmla is just really nicejmla is just really nicejmla is just really nicejmla is just really nicejmla is just really nice
Raffi,

Your car is gorgeous! Is the interior Natural Grey? Please post some interior pics.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:37 PM
heres some pics of interior, thanks for the compliments...much much appreciated, all of you. Thanks for the lightened photoshop pic, I replaced my pic with the one you posted.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:03 PM
HIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud of
very smooth 996 i must say - im with ben though on the wing and proper wheels...especially the way your car is currently setup...the facelift 996 gt3 look is one of my favorite automobile looks PERIOD so the gt3 wing along with some quality wheels with lippage would definitely top your car off

...keep your tips as is IMHO if you go with some silver faced wheels with polished/machined lips - i highly recommend going this route because silver against bright colors like red and yellow looks DOPE other than that black tips would go great with some blacked out wheels and other various black accents to keep everything coordinated...heres a few examples of some of my favorite 911's on mesh wheels to help you out on deciding which look to go for

Old 09-06-2008, 04:04 PM
HIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud of
WORK BROMBACHER

Old 09-06-2008, 04:04 PM
BBS E88

Old 09-06-2008, 04:05 PM
BBS LM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 Bumper and Champion Springs DONE!!!