996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

GT3 Bumper and Champion Springs DONE!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Damn Highcard.... those are pics really sets the bar high, serious $$$$ but def worth the money.

Lots of aesthetic wisdom in this thread...

Old 09-06-2008, 06:39 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
post a pic of your 911 for reference on your aesthetic style/choice
We bought the car like this, so I can't take the credit for how it looks, but I sorta like it. Not the way I'd do it if I did it myself but it looks good imo.

Old 09-06-2008, 06:50 PM
TMAC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
We bought the car like this, so I can't take the credit for how it looks, but I sorta like it. Not the way I'd do it if I did it myself but it looks good imo.

Looks good..

Hey Highcard, what mall were those pictures taken at? The ones of your yellow 996.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:11 PM
HIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TMAC
Looks good..

Hey Highcard, what mall were those pictures taken at? The ones of your yellow 996.
ha ha - the mall by my school in good ol' riverside california looks familiar?

Old 09-06-2008, 07:14 PM
HIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud ofHIGHcard has much to be proud of

that wingless 911 looks RIGHT - just curious...what would you do to it?

Old 09-06-2008, 07:32 PM
TMAC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by HIGHcard
ha ha - the mall by my school in good ol' riverside california looks familiar?
Nope, I thought it was some where else in the LA area. The car looks great though. You have me considering LMs.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:57 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HIGHcard
that wingless 911 looks RIGHT - just curious...what would you do to it?
Hehe, RT12 front and RUF cf mirrors, maybe another set of wheels like HRE C20's or BBS Racing? In the rear I'd get the GT3 rear bumper and then also convert it to the 08+ taillights. I'd keep it wingless unless I got bored..

Old 09-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Alec4s911 is infamous around these parts
car looks great. Black wheels look good with the drop!

Old 09-08-2008, 01:52 PM
User1720 is infamous around these parts
Hey Highcard, thanks for all the pics, much appreciated. I really like the black mesh wheels on that silver GT3 with the washington plates. By any chance do you know scott with the e46 M3 Cabrio? your car looks really familiar. I was thinking of picking up some used wheels off a member on 6 speed. Anybody know anybody selling used wheels and tires for a 996 NB??? thanks everyone.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Porsche Fanatic, that car looks amazing, clean lines, and nice wheels. If you are not bored yet, keep it the way it is. If you are itching for a project, then go ahead and go crazy with mods and changes. My advice.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:56 PM
Hey HighCard...should i just pick up a used set of Victor 19" black mesh wheels with almost new Toyo proxy tires for $1000 as a temporary set of wheels till i decide what i really want? I figure for $1000 it is worth picking them up just as a spare set of wheels and tires to keep in the garage and use whenever i get bored. I would actually want BBS or Champion RG5...but it costs some $$$$$ mula, I would feel guilty buying it right now, maybe in 5 or 6 months though. In the meantime i can beat up the victor wheels and go through the toyos. Any thoughts?

Last edited by User1720; 09-08-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:59 PM
KandyRedCoi is infamous around these parts
being from LA the land of "Rice Rockets" my only suggestion was a set of aftermarket wheels and it looks like you have already purchased a set
congrats

red is awesome!!!

pics w/ wheels?

Old 09-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by RaffiKaprielian
Hey Highcard, thanks for all the pics, much appreciated. I really like the black mesh wheels on that silver GT3 with the washington plates. By any chance do you know scott with the e46 M3 Cabrio? your car looks really familiar. I was thinking of picking up some used wheels off a member on 6 speed. Anybody know anybody selling used wheels and tires for a 996 NB??? thanks everyone.
Originally Posted by RaffiKaprielian
Hey HighCard...should i just pick up a used set of Victor 19" black mesh wheels with almost new Toyo proxy tires for $1000 as a temporary set of wheels till i decide what i really want? I figure for $1000 it is worth picking them up just as a spare set of wheels and tires to keep in the garage and use whenever i get bored. I would actually want BBS or Champion RG5...but it costs some $$$$$ mula, I would feel guilty buying it right now, maybe in 5 or 6 months though. In the meantime i can beat up the victor wheels and go through the toyos. Any thoughts?
sorry - dont know the dude!

as for wheels...save that $1000 and put it towards the OFFICIAL set you decide on! you will definitely come across a sweet deal you cant pass up if youre patient! speaking of sweet deals you might want to look into these OZ's on ebay thats ending in a few hours > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OZ-Su...mZ260281338314

those OZ's would look ridiculous on your 911 bro

Old 09-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Hehe, RT12 front and RUF cf mirrors, maybe another set of wheels like HRE C20's or BBS Racing? In the rear I'd get the GT3 rear bumper and then also convert it to the 08+ taillights. I'd keep it wingless unless I got bored..
GOOD SHIZ

Old 09-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Banned
oops is infamous around these parts
Perfect!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 Bumper and Champion Springs DONE!!!