996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

dream wheels for my P. with ur HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 12:57 PM
simplyP is infamous around these parts
dream wheels for my P. with ur HELP

im a newbie here.but i have been lurking around this forum for sometime. i have a 996 nb 2001 w aerokit on 18s (violetchromaflair color). and im getting some new 19s.my choices are FORGIATO ViZZO or VIP MODULAR VR03, 8.5x19 front and 10.5x19 rear. and some michelin ps2 for my tires 235/35/19 front and 295/30/19 or 305/25/19 rear. btw im from the philippines. since im ordering it online. im really worried that it wont fit or the offset is wrong.etc. . . i know there are lot of expert here. i really hope you guys can help me w the exact details. with the right tire size ? offset? etc. thanks a million.

Attached Images   
Old 09-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
pics of your car please... so we can properly asses. Does your car have natural leather and dark wood.... if so, your car is a 2000 Millenium Edition thats the only year violetchromaflair came out from the factory. Welcome to the 6.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:44 PM
JoeyM is infamous around these parts
Mabuhay!

Old 09-07-2008, 03:07 PM
cap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant futurecap'sx51 has a brilliant future
Kumusta na? Yes, pics of the car please. Are you set on either FORGIATO ViZZO or VIP MODULAR VR03? There's a picture thread of 996s in here that might help you choose your set of wheels, if you're still open to other brands. You may even see the above brands you're thinking of ordering.

Welcome to the 6.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:49 AM
thanks for the reply guys.mabuhay. glad to see some filipinos here. nice cars u have there. anyway i like those rims that i showed. but im still open to other suggestion. im just worried about the offset thing. im not sure how to give my order. anyway MABUHAY.

Attached Images  
Old 09-08-2008, 11:52 AM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Those remind me of the Vossen wheels - http://wheelsperformancecom.stores.y...et/mawhsi.html which were discountinued for some reason. GL and keep up posted!

Old 09-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Ubermensch is infamous around these parts
Maybe if you gave us the offset of the wheels you're considering we could help...

Old 09-08-2008, 11:30 PM
JayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by simplyP
thanks for the reply guys.mabuhay. glad to see some filipinos here. nice cars u have there. anyway i like those rims that i showed. but im still open to other suggestion. im just worried about the offset thing. im not sure how to give my order. anyway MABUHAY.
MABUHAY!!

first, a Porsche in the Philippines is crazy! it reminds me of the guy that had the SLR and F360 at this car show I attended 2yrs ago. im like, WTF?! we are a third world country and this guy has 2 of the most expensive cars on the market, yet we still have families living in squater areas and barley making a living wage. (off my soap box )

i would say whatever you do, or whoever you order the wheels from, make sure they have done a Narrow body 996 before and double check those offsets. those wheels you have posted are nice, but would rather go with Iforged or one of the sponsor wheel vendors we have here on 6speedonline. they might even give you a price break! (maybe dont quote me on that!)

it looks like you need a kit for that bad boy. go order that from ATOY bodykits (like the GT3 kit) http://www.a-toybodykits.com/
he is a family friend of mine, tell him JayJay from Chicago set you LOL.

Old 09-09-2008, 01:08 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the six-

Also need to make very certain the wheels are hubcentric for your pcar. If not, you'll probably have vibration issues. Before I ever buy a wheel for a pcar I make sure they have successfully done Porsche fitments.
Also ask if they use the factory lug bolts or if special tuner lugs are required.

Example, there are knockoff OEM Porsche wheels on ebay for $400 / set, but some of them do not fit properly or have not been TUV tested. Have to be careful with wheels, that is something you do not want to take a gamble on.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:54 PM
dhrecon is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Welcome pare. For the 996, the AF-1 is the best wheel IMHO.

Attached Images   
Old 09-10-2008, 01:37 PM
thanks for the info. checked the 996 thread already. do u know anyone in LA who can give me a good deal in those wheels? im scheduled to go to LA this month!

Old 09-10-2008, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by dhrecon
Welcome pare. For the 996, the AF-1 is the best wheel IMHO.
thanks! is that AF-1 on your car? whats the size of the rear wheels and tires?

Old 09-10-2008, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by p0rsch3
Welcome to the six-

Also need to make very certain the wheels are hubcentric for your pcar. If not, you'll probably have vibration issues. Before I ever buy a wheel for a pcar I make sure they have successfully done Porsche fitments.
Also ask if they use the factory lug bolts or if special tuner lugs are required.

Example, there are knockoff OEM Porsche wheels on ebay for $400 / set, but some of them do not fit properly or have not been TUV tested. Have to be careful with wheels, that is something you do not want to take a gamble on.
thanks! will check on that!

Old 11-10-2008, 03:59 PM
OCdNd is infamous around these parts
Vip Modular on my Bmw 645

Hey guys,
New to this forum too.. I just want to let you know that I just recently purchased VIP modular wheels as well... I was very impressed with the quality and turn around time, as well as their fitments for my 6series. These are the VR06 22'' Black Chrome Center and Chrome lips. After thinking if I should go 21's or 22's, they recommended that the 22's will fit no prob with the deepest lip. As you can see with the pics below I'm glad I went with VIP Modular wheels . No rubbing at all and didn't even need to shave fenders. HnR springs...Enjoy the pics and let me know what you guys think, thanks.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:09 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
nice - thanks for sharing and welcome to the six. Do you have a pcar or just the 645?
How is the street ride with the 22's on skinny tires?

I LOVE my 20" TA's..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: dream wheels for my P. with ur HELP