996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Renting a Porsche in Germany

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 08:23 PM
TMAC is infamous around these parts
Renting a Porsche in Germany

I know this isn't exactly the right area for this thread but I thought maybe one of my fellow 996 owners might have info on this subject.
So I am heading to Germany, Stuttgart to be exact for business soon. I will arrive on 10/31 and will head home on 11/22 which will make for a nice stay. I plan to do a lot while there but a long term goal is to drive on the Autobahn. I recently was over in England and Japan but this is the trip I have been waiting on.
I have done some searching but I am not coming up with anything good information on a company to rent from. I am looking for a short term Porsche rental. I already have a company provided rental through Hertz for my entire stay but I want to experience what the car and the road was made for.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:10 PM
mfletch is infamous around these parts
TMAC, you might PM David Borden here. He and his wife just went there a couple weeks ago. I believe they were planning on renting a performance car for the autobahn.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:43 AM
Originally Posted by mfletch
TMAC, you might PM David Borden here. He and his wife just went there a couple weeks ago. I believe they were planning on renting a performance car for the autobahn.
Thanks mfletch, I will look him up.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:44 AM
GREERJ1 is infamous around these parts
There are companies that will rent you a Porsche for the day at the Nurburgring. Be advised that the autobahn has a lot of traffic these days and the unlimited speed sections have been reduced in length and quantity and are generally limited to the more rural sections of the road. They have strict driving/passing laws on the autobahn as well. You are not supposed to travel in the left lane except for passing only. Have fun, the weather and scenery is beautiful this time of year.
Jim Greer

Old 09-12-2008, 05:58 AM
Steve Germany is infamous around these parts
It is raining here today and has rained everyday this week. You may want to call Porsche Flughaven (airport)
http://www.porsche-flughafen-stuttga...n/default.aspx

They have loaner cars and may rent them out.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:34 AM
Flyer007 is infamous around these parts
My boss did a trip earlier this year and was thinking of doing same thing. He ended up going to the Ring and getting a ride with a prodriver there in a viper.

My boss has done a few race schools and loves to drive hard. His comments on the time spent in PAX seat of that viper were that it was the most insane experience he has ever had. The drive KNEW the ring and hit it hard every spot traffic allowed (most).

I would highly suggest adding that to your list if you can.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:09 AM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
I was going to use these people if my car wasn't going to be ready.

Internet Reservations
Auto Europe
1-800-223-5555
reservations@autoeurope.com
www.autoeurope.com

I have not used their service, just communicated with them by email. They seemed responsive, and where able to arrange what I wanted, 997 cab.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:14 AM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
you are going to have so much fun! you have no idea!! i had a blast!!!!!

Old 09-12-2008, 10:26 AM
http://www.porsche.com/usa/eventsand...ralsacevosges/

Porsche does weekend events that are supposed to be excellent.

Old 09-12-2008, 10:54 AM
boblaz is infamous around these parts
I believe that Avis (or one of the standard car rental) places rent them.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Avis does rent them! 236.18 euro $308/day but only 200km free (124 miles)

I would call Avis and book it from the States - usually get better rates.

http://neptun.rent-at-avis.com/aviso...2574C2005D86F0

Old 09-12-2008, 01:14 PM
Dervish is infamous around these parts
'Zakspeed' are the vipers at the Ring, 270Euro a lap! It aint cheap but you'll get one hell of a ride. You can also rent Ring cars, usually BMW or VW. The autobahn is slow at the moment. So much traffic and road works going on, was there last week-ish, good times though...

Old 09-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Thank you everyone for your input. I will run through these options and see what I come up with. I am extremely excited about this trip. I have wanted to go for some time now and the chance just came up. The coworker who is traveling with me happened to be stationed in Germany for 4 years and is a good friend of mine which will help on this trip.
I will let you know what I come up with.

Steve Germany, are there any good events or suggestions you could make for outings seeing that you live there.
Thanks

Old 09-13-2008, 05:12 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Have fun TMAC - drive safe!

Old 09-13-2008, 07:06 PM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
I travel to Germany a couple of times/ year. Depends upon what you want to see and do. What cities you want to visit.

My favorite region is Munich, though the area around the black forest is also incredible. Berlin, Cologne, Dusseldorf, Fulda, Rottenburg, Heidelburg are also great destinations for a day or more.

When we pick up our turbo we are doing Stuttgart, Baden Baden, Mulhouse (fr),Lake Constance, Davos (Che), Bormio/ Stelvio (it), Gamisch, Fussen, Munich, Nuremburg, Erfurt, Stuttgart.

We will do 2-5 hrs driving per day. If you have any specific questions, just ask.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Renting a Porsche in Germany