996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

front spoiler recommendation.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 11:16 PM
vf_1s is infamous around these parts
front spoiler recommendation.

Thinking of getting the sportec front spoiler for my C4S.

I have been searching in this forum and on the internet. All I see is the black one, does anyone in this forum picture of this spoile in silver or other color?

What material is the lip?
How much is it?

Anything else you guys can recommend?

Attached Images   
Old 09-23-2008, 09:20 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
i'm sure they don't have any replica ones of that spoiler, you'll have to go original. i'm sure some of the site sponsors have the sportec kits. check out sportec's website!

Old 09-23-2008, 11:01 AM
mathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond repute
Sportec is imported by a company in Miami. They are just getting going with their program. I think it will be limited availability. Call GGI Tuning at 305-713-3133.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:25 PM
Thanks.

Is there any front lip that you guys would recommend?

Old 09-23-2008, 06:23 PM
RocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant futureRocC4S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by vf_1s
Thanks.

Is there any front lip that you guys would recommend?
Yup,recommend putting on the 996TT OEM one like I did, pops right on.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:04 PM
looks like both are for the pre-face lift 996. Mine is a 03 C4S. Do you have any lip for the face lifted 996 tt or 4S?

Old 09-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GT3TEK
You will want to check the front bumper with Betterbodiesusa.com Here is a pic of one of their photos for only $899. Their parts fit good.
that looks helllla ghetto

don't go cheap with the front bumper options. you already have a solid oem bumper, unless it costs more, it's not worth it honestly.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:55 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
That Sportec lip you posted on the 1st post looks nice.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:10 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GT3TEK
Well, You can spend $3500 on an original or 1000 on a reproduction. If it is the same design, but you spend $3500, you might think the peice is awsome. And if you spend $1000 it is ghetto? Regardless, some people like the OEM look and others want to personize it. You should do what you want. It is your car to personalize. I customize and do notice there are different tastes of wich is ok. As long as they don't impose their taste on your car. I recomend you invision what you want out of it. Then make it happen with people helping locate your parts. Not imposing their tastes, if it is not theirs to decide. Let me know if there is anything I can help you locate.
it looks ghetto because it looks like absolute cheap ****

you can get that chick wire mesh grill at home depot for like $5 a yard

Old 09-25-2008, 05:06 PM
VTBigYellow is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
it looks ghetto because it looks like absolute cheap ****

you can get that chick wire mesh grill at home depot for like $5 a yard
Agreed, you should really do something about that mesh. Looks like the gutter guard stuff kids get from Home Depot to put on their 1989 Civics...

Old 09-25-2008, 10:05 PM
Thank you to everyone for their comment. I did check into the website that GT3TEK told me. In there, there was a picture of the same bumper w/ grill instead of the chicken wire, and IMO, it was not bad. Never the less, it is for pre-face lift model. Thanks GT3TEK. You are great.

I also, do agree with Ben, I like my 4S bumper, just that it is missing a lip on the bottom. the black part on the bottom kind of makes the car looks weird. I did search for Sportec lip in this forem, and read fr some members that the lip is fiberglass. That is what I am worry about, and would like to confirm on. I am afraid that it will break easily; and of course, it won't be cheap either.

what is your opnion on painting the 4S lip?

Old 09-26-2008, 01:02 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
I've saw OEM turbo front lip looks good on C4S. Other option is factory aero lip, or even carbon fiber like my lip!

Old 09-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Thanks. But I would be afraid to have CF lip in Calgary. Roads are really bad here...
Do you have any PE ones?

Old 09-27-2008, 01:54 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Most people I've talked to were so afraid with CF lip. My lip has been on my TT for 1.5 years and my ride height set a tag lower than GT2. I will scape the bottom once in a while. Just make sure it scape slowly and it will be fine. If you're looking for urethane lip. Go with OEM aero lip or OEM Turbo lip. I believe most aftermarket lips are made by fiberglass.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:40 AM
rmani is infamous around these partsrmani is infamous around these parts
hey in that first pic i see there are some ovals in the big gaping corners of the stock front bumper. are those brake cooling ducts? how much and does anyone have more pics of this?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: front spoiler recommendation.