996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Aerokit II vs GT3 lower chin spoiler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 12:12 PM
keoni1978 is infamous around these parts
Aerokit II vs GT3 lower chin spoiler

anyone know the difference between the two? I need to order one and not sure which one to order

Aerokit II splitter 996.505.986.02
GT3 splitter: 996.505.986.92

Old 08-21-2004, 12:13 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
weird I thought they were the same thing?

Old 08-21-2004, 12:19 PM
Porsche Chick
RobynC is infamous around these partsRobynC is infamous around these parts
My chin splitter is pretty different, I think the GT3 splitter is more aggressive. I'd get that one...if I had it to do all over again.

Old 08-21-2004, 12:20 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
knowing you and your car Robyn I'm sure you'll get a chance to replace your chin someday.

Old 08-21-2004, 12:21 PM
Porsche Chick
HAHA Kirby! It's already been scrapped to hell, I'm ready for a new one.

Old 08-21-2004, 12:23 PM
Already? Hmm, maybe you shouldn't lower the car?

Old 08-21-2004, 12:29 PM
Porsche Chick
Eh...the way I look at it, this is one part on the car that is definitely "throw away"...I should have a stock of them. Can't wait to get the JIC's on.

Old 08-21-2004, 12:29 PM
I take it Robyn's got Aerokit and Kirby's got GT3?!?! Looking at the pictures, looks like Kirbys (GT3) sticks out more...does that sound about right??

Old 08-21-2004, 12:31 PM
Keoni, I think Robyn and I both have the same Bumper, not sure what lip she has, but I think it's the same. also. Her's is just black and mine is painted.

If you really want an aggressive lip I think the Racers Group has a cool one.

Old 08-21-2004, 12:40 PM
Damn Porsche and all their options..By the way, how hard is it to install the bumper? I do not have a jack nor jack stands. Matthews Carlsen quoted me $275, maybe Akkurat can do it for lower

Old 08-21-2004, 12:41 PM
It the bumper already painted? Yea, I'd give George a call on Monday.

Old 08-21-2004, 01:02 PM
xx911carreraxx is infamous around these parts
Install it yourself if its painted. There's nothing hard about installing the bumpers... Don't think you even need to jacke your car to install the bumper. You will probally need to lay on the ground, but thats probally it. took me less than 30 mins to install.

Old 08-21-2004, 01:05 PM
Porsche Chick
Kirby and I have the same bumper and lip...as he mentioned, his is painted, mine is not. (Which is a good thing the way I drive..and my luck) The lip is a p of cake to put on ... you could do it yourself.

Old 08-21-2004, 01:10 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by RobynC
Eh...the way I look at it, this is one part on the car that is definitely "throw away"...I should have a stock of them. Can't wait to get the JIC's on.
Dayammm gal... you and me will need hydraulics...

Old 08-21-2004, 01:15 PM
Porsche Chick
Dats because we is ballaz...well, I'm a ballette anyway!

Heydraulics...fun-ney!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aerokit II vs GT3 lower chin spoiler