996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

My 996 got stolen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 04:50 PM
The Dark Knight is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by p0rsch3
That "express method" probably wouldn't work out so hot with a pcar, especially one with a GT3 bumper- the nose would be dragging all the way down the street.
When I had a couple of my cars towed, they had a slight drag initially and they just lowered the back of the car to alleviate the drag. The unfortunate part is once it was picked from the slot, it could have been transferred to a flatbed or the front wheels could have been put into those cradles I have seen as well and towed as usual. The towtruck is the most detrimental thing any car car thief can use; they are next to impossible to defend against since they are made to get car against it's will/ defenses. The fact that they will lose their truck if caught is ridiculous; I seriously doubt that they care about that since the bigger deterent should be them losing their freedom or life if caught in the act.

I had the rims stolen off my 911 SC right on the street in front of my old pad in BH. Fortunately they only got the side away from the flat before being spotted by a neighbor considering they could have walked with the whole thing in less time. The tilt/ shock sensors on Pcars are worthless!!! I have a Tip so the rears are locked and I at least always try to lock the wheels to either hard left or right since squealing tires might draw attention as well since that is out of the norm to most people that may see the car getting drug down the street since it has to be front towed. Obviously that's just a minor deterent for anyone with the skillset to get it. The 4WD cars are obviously a bit tougher as well. Again sorry for you loss.

TDK

Last edited by The Dark Knight; 10-10-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:32 PM
MCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to behold
Man, I found an unlocked p-car in front of some apts in Monterey Park last year and took that sucker for a GREAT spin!!!

Old 11-13-2008, 09:54 PM
soothsayer is infamous around these parts
I wouldnt be surprised if you found pieces of your car for sale on ebay.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:56 AM
WARDHOG is infamous around these parts
Guys....I think this guy is just trolling. He only has one post and posted this back in Oct.

Old 11-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Long Islander has a spectacular aura aboutLong Islander has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Bleu Omdurman
Jesus. How do you fight that type of theft?
The only way is to have an inclination sensor added to your alarm -- no, it is not part of a standard 996 alarm system. I had one added to my 2001 coupe when I bought it because I realized that towing was the only way to steal it without a key. Adding it was a bit of a pain, and required several repeat visits to the auto electronics shop to get it work properly, but it worked out in the end. A good high end shop should be able to do it. Cost me around $200.