996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

ghl vs. fabspeed.. which is louder?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by p0rsch3
Post it up, please. I love that stuff.

To review, your "expert seasoned advice" is based on.... Hmm, one possible "sketchy" video of a car driving off (Maybe GTJohns pcar?) and a couple possible cell phone photos of a botched install. Yeah sounds to me like I just know nothing compared to your massive "experience" with them. How silly of me!

Put my money where my mouth is? Dude you are a couple slices short of a sandwich!! Let's see.. documenting info / experience on the forums from the time I first found them through the whole span of use on my 996 and 997, to using them on two different pcars, to driving a couple thousand miles on them and reporting results, not to mention multiple dyno tests posted / videos posted / pics posted. No dice with you eh? That's just not "the standard" by your odd limited performance car experience eh?

-And NOW you say I have not used a decent exhaust to compare to. So you are insulting Dan's business with Vivid Racing and Agency Power, which I mention a lot as having used previously??? Dude do you ever stop with your self-bullsh!t? Nice job insulting a great 6speed sponsor buddy! I guess you know more than him too eh?

-And don't forget the other forum members who own AH pipes and have posted positive things about them hot shot. So go on and tell everyone how they are wrong, how you are right, and how probably none of them have owned anything decent to compare to, blah blah blah...Oh mighty parts general manager non mechanic guy. You truly are a wise old sage.
1) So now the ***** in your court, I'll ask you for the second time: "If I produce proof will you put your money where you mouth is or will you continue to post an average of 2,000 post for every year you are here about YOUR limited experience with various exhaust systems? Not from your buddies from any shop..... YOUR experience buddy.

2) Funny how you try so hard to point people who are reading this in pointless "personal attacks" Mr. background check... Bla bla bla about how nothing you like to go on about.

Why don't you shop tap dancing around what I asked you "Are you willing to put your money where you mouth is?" I didn't think so, and with that being said "No soup for you NEXT"!!!!

Old 10-17-2008, 08:02 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Hrmm- I coulda sworn I just said go ahead and post whatever vids / pics you have... That is what you asked just two posts ago correct?

You really gotta calm down and don't get so worked up, can't understand a thing you're posting. What the heck are you carrying on about with the money / mouth thing? Soup kithen? Seinfeld? Run on sentences? Can anyone else interpret this ramble-speak for me?

You do realize your current and potential customers are now seeing this side of you publically right? Kinda nuts IMO..

Old 10-17-2008, 09:51 PM
Jake Ok is a jewel in the roughJake Ok is a jewel in the roughJake Ok is a jewel in the rough
Kurt is a good guy...I bougth his GT3 wing...(remember). I happen to have a GHL setup as well on my 02 996 C2 with complete GT3 face lift and I enjoy the sound very much just as FastForwardWheel has describe. Like I said, exhaust sound is very subjective but my P Car master mechanic who have been working on many Porsche for 20 years have told me that my car is one of the best sounding car. (he is not an S kissing kind of guy). That is all I can share with you boys. Kiss and make up....LOL

Attached Images  
Old 10-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Hrmm- I coulda sworn I just said go ahead and post whatever vids / pics you have... That is what you asked just two posts ago correct?

You really gotta calm down and don't get so worked up, can't understand a thing you're posting. What the heck are you carrying on about with the money / mouth thing? Soup kithen? Seinfeld? Run on sentences? Can anyone else interpret this ramble-speak for me?

You do realize your current and potential customers are now seeing this side of you publically right? Kinda nuts IMO..
So for clearification: If I do post pictures and or videos of proof, will you refrain from promoting that system, stop the personal attacks or insults? "It's a YES or NO question".... If you say yes then I will post proof. "Simple, NO?"

-Eli

Old 10-18-2008, 01:41 AM
raffi is infamous around these parts
why dont you guys just compare the exhausts side by side on video?
i know kurt doesnt have a 996 anymore but shouldnt the 3.6 997 sound similar?
I have so far had the AWE, fabspeed, PSE and pse-mod oems and by far prefer the AH's. never felt like i had aftermarket mufflers with the others (beside true PSE)
Brian is a great guy and I dont mind reccommending his product to anyone who think the awe or fabspeed or others sound like oem, and are afraid of bypass pipes...
i dunno if it really makes a difference but in terms of build quality the ah mufflers are by far the best.

Old 10-18-2008, 09:43 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FastForwardwheels
So for clearification: If I do post pictures and or videos of proof, will you refrain from promoting that system, stop the personal attacks or insults? "It's a YES or NO question".... If you say yes then I will post proof. "Simple, NO?"

-Eli
Honestly I'll always promote a mod that I personally like, whether it is exhaust, suspension, intakes, audio, etc etc. - I'd expect you or anyone else here to do same.
If you post up concrete proof to support your low opinion & public claims in regards to build quality, the vendor's engineering experience and interior / external sound quality, then yes I promise I will stop poking at you with sharp sticks

Old 10-18-2008, 10:37 AM
ls911 has a spectacular aura aboutls911 has a spectacular aura aboutls911 has a spectacular aura about
Honestly I'll always promote a mod that I personally like, whether it is exhaust, suspension, intakes, audio, etc etc. - I'd expect you or anyone else here to do same.
If you post up concrete proof to support your low opinion & public claims in regards to build quality, the vendor's engineering experience and interior / external sound quality, then yes I promise I will stop poking at you with sharp sticks

Ahh...I've been wondering when you'd switch to the baseball bat
Nice move p3

Old 10-18-2008, 11:42 PM
Former Vendor
I guess I called your bluff, call me a liar then back down when you know I can produce proof. . . Now you're asking me to test your product etc.???

Hey, no problem send me your partners set and I'll be happy to have it indy tested to proove that it is what it is... I'll cover the bench testing and post results here.....

Don't be a tool.... we've already got that position covered here..

-Eli

Old 10-19-2008, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by FastForwardwheels
I guess I called your bluff, call me a liar then back down when you know I can produce proof. . . Now you're asking me to test your product etc.???

Hey, no problem send me your partners set and I'll be happy to have it indy tested to proove that it is what it is... I'll cover the bench testing and post results here.....

Don't be a tool.... we've already got that position covered here..

-Eli

Yikes!!!! Holy she-male batman!!
Please- Ok, I give up.. Just please stop posting those man-girl pics.... I Submit!!
-Looks like you do indeed have the "tool" position well covered here!!

Seriously bro, you stated a few posts back that you presently have vids / photos as proof of your claims, and I've asked you to please put them here and all will be right. Did you forget what you posted on page 4? Refresher: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/2091982-post55.html

Members, am I the only one here that thinks there is something seriously wrong with this guy??? I mean if he's old and senile or has some sort of mental deficiency I'm going to start feeling really bad...

Old 10-19-2008, 10:57 AM
BDPorsche is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by raffi
why dont you guys just compare the exhausts side by side on video?
i know kurt doesnt have a 996 anymore but shouldnt the 3.6 997 sound similar?
I have so far had the AWE, fabspeed, PSE and pse-mod oems and by far prefer the AH's. never felt like i had aftermarket mufflers with the others (beside true PSE)
Brian is a great guy and I dont mind reccommending his product to anyone who think the awe or fabspeed or others sound like oem, and are afraid of bypass pipes...
i dunno if it really makes a difference but in terms of build quality the ah mufflers are by far the best.
If any one is interested in hearing the AH exhaust on a 996, let me know. I am in Belmont Shores and would be more then happy to drive to the OC (where I grew up). I need to visit the family anyways...

Old 10-19-2008, 10:59 AM
BDPorsche is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by nine9six
Wow I thought I was the only one who think that those exhuast are two cherry bombs welded together! I have never heard one in person but I would imagine that there will be infinite droaning!
"nine9six" - Let me know if you are interested in hearing the AH exhaust. I am local and only have about 500 miles on them. They are still breaking in, but it should give you a good idea of what they sound like.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:52 AM
nine9six is infamous around these partsnine9six is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BDPorsche
"nine9six" - Let me know if you are interested in hearing the AH exhaust. I am local and only have about 500 miles on them. They are still breaking in, but it should give you a good idea of what they sound like.
Sure! I would love to hear your exhaust.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:29 PM
EB847 is a jewel in the roughEB847 is a jewel in the roughEB847 is a jewel in the rough
hack result!

Holy $htballs this hack rocks!!! No resonance/drone, beautiful sporty sound from the drivers seat starts at 2800 rpm under light acceleration (vs. 4k rpm at heavy w/ghl) and gets louder from there up. Sounds stock at idle and 80mph cruise.. Perfect for my dd. So, louder than ghl without having to floor it to hear it for $200, nowhere near unbearable and no resonance. Friggin sweet. I could probably handle a little more volume but not sure. Perhaps experimenting with headers or sport cats is in my future (after cpo runs out). I would highly recommend trying this before you upgrade your exhaust. You may be happy like me and have a couple extra grand to put into another area of the car. ...I mean take my wife on vacation.. Ok she left the room again.. put into the car
I'm in the sacramento area for anyone interested hearing it in person. I go to eurosundays as well. Ill try to post a vid too.

Old 10-19-2008, 06:20 PM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
Yikes!!!! Holy she-male batman!!
Please- Ok, I give up.. Just please stop posting those man-girl pics.... I Submit!!
-Looks like you do indeed have the "tool" position well covered here!!

Seriously bro, you stated a few posts back that you presently have vids / photos as proof of your claims, and I've asked you to please put them here and all will be right. Did you forget what you posted on page 4? Refresher: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/2091982-post55.html

Members, am I the only one here that thinks there is something seriously wrong with this guy??? I mean if he's old and senile or has some sort of mental deficiency I'm going to start feeling really bad...
dudes.....you all are acting like teenagers.

looks like this thread is no longer constructive, post the facts and quit the personal attacks.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by EB847
Holy $htballs this hack rocks!!! No resonance/drone, beautiful sporty sound from the drivers seat starts at 2800 rpm under light acceleration (vs. 4k rpm at heavy w/ghl) and gets louder from there up. Sounds stock at idle and 80mph cruise.. Perfect for my dd. So, louder than ghl without having to floor it to hear it for $200, nowhere near unbearable and no resonance. Friggin sweet. I could probably handle a little more volume but not sure. Perhaps experimenting with headers or sport cats is in my future (after cpo runs out). I would highly recommend trying this before you upgrade your exhaust. You may be happy like me and have a couple extra grand to put into another area of the car. ...I mean take my wife on vacation.. Ok she left the room again.. put into the car
I'm in the sacramento area for anyone interested hearing it in person. I go to eurosundays as well. Ill try to post a vid too.
Glad it turned out better than expected, congrats- I suppose going with some 200 cell cats would pump the volume up a few notches . Post some vids!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ghl vs. fabspeed.. which is louder?