996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

ghl vs. fabspeed.. which is louder?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 06:44 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
As I have mentioned in other posts I love my AH's. As soon as I saw the pics and read a little about them I wanted them. I am in NO WAY associated with Kurt or anyone else employed by or related to AfterHours Automotive. I just wanted an exhuast that was lightweight and sounded like a 911 should sound. Small, simple, effective, FLEX JOINT, and lower cost than traditional style systems. They sound exactly like Kurt explained. Smooth tone at idle and cup car sound at WOT. I have a cab. and only get a deep bassy tone in high gears at 2K RPM. The welds are great and fitment is 100% perfect. Install was 30 minutes- easy & straight forward.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:28 AM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EB847
Holy $htballs this hack rocks!!! No resonance/drone, beautiful sporty sound from the drivers seat starts at 2800 rpm under light acceleration (vs. 4k rpm at heavy w/ghl) and gets louder from there up. Sounds stock at idle and 80mph cruise.. Perfect for my dd. So, louder than ghl without having to floor it to hear it for $200, nowhere near unbearable and no resonance. Friggin sweet. I could probably handle a little more volume but not sure. Perhaps experimenting with headers or sport cats is in my future (after cpo runs out). I would highly recommend trying this before you upgrade your exhaust. You may be happy like me and have a couple extra grand to put into another area of the car. ...I mean take my wife on vacation.. Ok she left the room again.. put into the car
I'm in the sacramento area for anyone interested hearing it in person. I go to eurosundays as well. Ill try to post a vid too.
As I stated before, quite a few of my buddies have this set up and are very happy with the results. One of them even does them for the Boxsters, he's offered his services to the shop if anyone wanted to get a similar hack.

IMO, not quite GHL or Fabspeed but very good for the price and better than others out there which drone...

Good News,

-Eli

Old 10-20-2008, 10:30 AM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zdr2k
dudes.....you all are acting like teenagers.

looks like this thread is no longer constructive, post the facts and quit the personal attacks.
No personal attacks from this end but not trying to split hairs.... Kirt is a waste of my time so I'll take the higher road here and opt-out.

-Eli

Old 10-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Dlack66 is infamous around these parts
OC trip

Originally Posted by EB847
Holy $htballs this hack rocks!!! No resonance/drone, beautiful sporty sound from the drivers seat starts at 2800 rpm under light acceleration (vs. 4k rpm at heavy w/ghl) and gets louder from there up. Sounds stock at idle and 80mph cruise.. Perfect for my dd. So, louder than ghl without having to floor it to hear it for $200, nowhere near unbearable and no resonance. Friggin sweet. I could probably handle a little more volume but not sure. Perhaps experimenting with headers or sport cats is in my future (after cpo runs out). I would highly recommend trying this before you upgrade your exhaust. You may be happy like me and have a couple extra grand to put into another area of the car. ...I mean take my wife on vacation.. Ok she left the room again.. put into the car
I'm in the sacramento area for anyone interested hearing it in person. I go to eurosundays as well. Ill try to post a vid too.
I just picked up an '02 cab and am looking for some sound. I am in Mission Viejo and would love to hear your car. Let me know when you are up for a trip down here. Send me a PM
Thanks
Doug

Old 10-22-2008, 02:44 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Cool

Not to beat a dead horse.....but when I read this, I have to wonder WTF.

I installed mine in approx 30 min, they fit perfectly and there is no bracket flipping involved.
Sorry, but you did not do something correctly and I'm not sure I'd want you working on my car.

"Im a Tech at FastForward and I did the AH muffler install on the GT3 and right away I was able to tell the AH Mufflers would not bolt right in on account of the oddly bent hangers on the AH muffler. In all the Exhaust systems I've installed on porsches, I have NEVER EVER seen a system like AH's that required flipping brackets upside down... Even after I called AH during the install to ask for advice on getting this installed correctly, They hadnt the slightest idea that they designed the exhaust with the brackets upside down. So we tried to bend the hangers on the exhuast to get it to fit but we decided to remove it cause we wouldnt want our customers driving around with a mickey mouse fitted product."

Sorry....now back on topic.

I heard the GHL's ona buddies car and they sounded great.

Last edited by Brando; 10-22-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:14 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FastForwardwheels
No personal attacks from this end but not trying to split hairs.... Kirt is a waste of my time so I'll take the higher road here and opt-out.

-Eli
Awww come on man, if you're going to keep digging at me at least spell my name right.. LOL

You've no choice but to opt-out, bottom line is you're simply out to cause problems and provide disinformation in a public forum. You've made some pretty strong claims in regards to me and in regards to sound / quality of a specific product and have advised others against it, giving it an extremely low and unflattering review at any opportunity. Yet, you are unable to provide any tangible facts to support these claims.

Based on my knowledge / use of the product and original circumstances which "inspired" your anti-AH outbursts, it is more than likely you have never heard them or driven in a pcar that has them installed.
Did you try to install a set once? Sure. However, I don't see how screwing up one install of any product makes you an instant subject matter expert on that product, especially when you could not even complete the install. -Goes to credibility.
If you're so unashamedly able to post made-up stories about this product and me personally, it makes me wonder what else you are spinning mistruths about?

Originally Posted by FastForwardWheels;post55
Sounds like you're calling me a liar.... ???? Are you?

I've heard these in person and can show you photos of them here in my shop and on the car. I even have a video of one of the cars driving off from the shop...

-Eli
-what ever happened to that? Post facts and restore your credibility or stuff it!

Old 10-22-2008, 07:57 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by p0rsch3
-what ever happened to that? Post facts and restore your credibility or stuff it!
I didn't want to reply but one last time: Promise EVERYONE here, if I post proof, will you just quit posting on 6-speed already? Money where your mouth is.... and oh yeah....

Old 10-22-2008, 08:27 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
So...you're saying you won't post pics or vids to support your own claims unless I make some wacky promise? LOL!!
Why don't you just say "I don't have anything" already and cop to the string of BS you've been laying down? .. sheeze.. enough already.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Former Vendor
So...you're saying you won't post pics or vids to support your own claims unless I make some wacky promise? LOL!!
Why don't you just say "I don't have anything" already and cop to the string of BS you've been laying down? .. sheeze.. enough already.
If you're so sure why don't you just agree?

I'm out, unless you agree.....

If anyone out here wishes to come by the shop and see that I truely am the "keeper of the truth" you are more than welcome to come on by anytime.

-Eli

Old 10-23-2008, 06:37 AM
YoopsRacing is infamous around these parts
I think if I was a moderator I would kill this thread right here.................HINT HINT

Old 10-23-2008, 07:18 AM
JonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to behold
I did not read all of this (after it went South, so to speak) but did anyone answer the OP? It is a useful question.

[edit] oops, never mind. YoopsRacing has it right.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by JonC4S
I did not read all of this (after it went South, so to speak) but did anyone answer the OP? It is a useful question.

[edit] oops, never mind. YoopsRacing has it right.
Ok back on track.. sorry guys.

Doesn't GHL and Fabspeed have loud and quiet versions of their mufflers? This seems generally a tough question to answer, I think you'd have to have used both to make a fair assessment, or shoot some vid of them back to back with the same camera. Maybe our resident Fabspeed sponsor can comment?

Old 10-23-2008, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by FastForwardwheels
If you're so sure why don't you just agree?

I'm out, unless you agree.....

If anyone out here wishes to come by the shop and see that I truely am the "keeper of the truth" you are more than welcome to come on by anytime.

-Eli
I think we've both digressed far more than either of us care to in a public forum, and since we're both "strong headed" in our points of views this is a no-win situation for either of us. Actually, we're doing nothing more now than annoying the other members here.
So let's just agree to disagree on this one topic, shake hands and drop it-Overall I am sure you are a decent guy, and you obviously have a strong passion for pcars- Which is good in my book any day.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:44 PM
Former Vendor
I think we've both digressed far more than either of us care to in a public forum, and since we're both "strong headed" in our points of views this is a no-win situation for either of us. Actually, we're doing nothing more now than annoying the other members here.
So let's just agree to disagree on this one topic, shake hands and drop it-Overall I am sure you are a decent guy, and you obviously have a strong passion for pcars- Which is good in my book any day.

I did just this a couple of post back by choosing to Opt out, that is pretty much what that means in Military lingo (sort of like radio silence). . . .

Once again, I'll choose to opt out as I did before....

-Eli

Last edited by Wheel Dynamics; 10-23-2008 at 05:50 PM.