996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Ameriprise Auto insurance?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 11:13 AM
delirium is infamous around these parts
Ameriprise Auto insurance?

I have read reviews on insurance companies and it seems like NONE of them are legit when you read up on them on the internet, probably because most people are pissed off when they go to the internet to review an insurance co.

I currently have Allstate, but can save approx $300 a year if i switch to Ameriprise through the costco program. Anyone have input on Ameriprise auto insurance or Ameriprise in general? Should i switch?

Ive never had to file anything w/ Allstate, in the past i have had 21st century and they are more expensive, but I filed a few claims with them & they were always very good about covering me.

Old 11-14-2008, 03:52 PM
mathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond repute
I have never dealth with them myself. The only legit info you will find online about any ins co is their AM Best or other financial security rating. In today's world, even that is not so great. AIG was A+ just before they got bailed out. Everything else is just opinion. As you rightly note, when most people go online to post about their ins co it is a rant because a claim was denied. Other than financial ratings, you can check with your state dept of ins to make sure they are in good standing. Also verify that claims are handled directly by the carrier and not a third party admin.