996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

BEWARE!! Napelton Porsche,IL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 10:10 AM
Vladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura about
BEWARE!! Napelton Porsche,IL

Drove 4.5 hours to look at 04 C4S that salesman represented as a clean NEVER PAINTED CPO car. He also assured me that he personally checked the car with a paint meter and it showed 4-4.5 mil all around.
Not so much.. When I arrived, he couldn't find the paint meter, then when he did the battery was low.. Finally we inspected the car and it had the bumper,hood,and both fenders painted. Only then they found the paperwork with the repair history!
They said they were "sorry" and have a nice 4.5 hour trip back home.

So if you live in Chicago area and are looking for a nice mint C4S go see these crooks!
For what is worth...

Old 11-25-2008, 10:25 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
You have to spread te word on these types of people. I'd write a letter to the GM of the dealership, and copy PCNA. Was the car CPO'd with the body work?

Old 11-25-2008, 10:33 AM
Vladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura aboutVladm has a spectacular aura about
They claimed the car had a CPO inspection. Can they be CPOed with body/paint work?
If so it would have to be disclosed!

Old 11-25-2008, 11:11 AM
dreamtripper is infamous around these parts
I heard there only a minimal amount of paintwork is allowed for a CPO car i.e maybe repainting a panel for a scratch, but not much more than that. I'd be interested to hear if this is indeed the case.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:34 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Having a CPO inspection is a far cry from actually being certified. It's kind of like the dealer ads that say all credit applications will be accepted. Doesn't mean squat. When listening to dealer-speak you have to parse words carefully.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:41 PM
brd4fun is infamous around these parts
Is it a cab? if so I looked at this car down in Florida last year.
Mint Green Cab C4S?

Old 11-25-2008, 01:57 PM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
They performed a PPI for me (or they said they did) a while back and missed many items. Most were visible to a blind man on a speeding horse 100 yards away...

Old 11-25-2008, 06:50 PM
GATORFAN is infamous around these parts
There is a reason for the term "used car salesman" !!! Buyer beware!!

Old 11-25-2008, 06:59 PM
Michael-Dallas is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Vladm
They claimed the car had a CPO inspection. Can they be CPOed with body/paint work?
If so it would have to be disclosed!
Cars with up to 2 panels painted can be CPO'd. If there is evidence of frame damage, then it can not be CPO'd.

My CPO paperwork states this and the email reply I got from PCNA stated that.

///Michael

Old 11-25-2008, 11:26 PM
The car is silver/blk cab. The full CPO inspection was done all they had to do is "turn in the paperwork"???

Called the GM and got the same "sorry, have a nice life" response. Also called PCNA and they will "try to get back with me, but can't promise because Porsche dealers are independent business owners". Great, so they have the right to lie to the customers at their own will..

Stopped at Luxury Motors on the way back to MI. Over 600 luxury/sports cars under one roof. Impressive. Also very nice guys...

Old 11-25-2008, 11:49 PM
Doc_Porsche is infamous around these partsDoc_Porsche is infamous around these parts
that sucks.... thanks for the heads up.....

Old 11-26-2008, 02:46 AM
ishmerc is infamous around these parts
use car salesman is just as bad as a lawyer.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:50 AM
Well, you have called them out here, and you could do the same on other forums as well and file a complaint with the BBB. The internet is the consumers friend and shoddy dealers need to beware that their actions can cause real reactions. I guess the amount of energy you put into it is a matter of how pissed you are.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:56 AM
Unholy 996 has much to be proud ofUnholy 996 has much to be proud ofUnholy 996 has much to be proud ofUnholy 996 has much to be proud ofUnholy 996 has much to be proud ofUnholy 996 has much to be proud ofUnholy 996 has much to be proud ofUnholy 996 has much to be proud ofUnholy 996 has much to be proud of
similar thing happened to me.

i was only pissed because I wasted gas on a 5 hour trip.

Old 11-26-2008, 03:56 PM
Michael-Dallas is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Vladm
The car is silver/blk cab. The full CPO inspection was done all they had to do is "turn in the paperwork"???

Called the GM and got the same "sorry, have a nice life" response. Also called PCNA and they will "try to get back with me, but can't promise because Porsche dealers are independent business owners". Great, so they have the right to lie to the customers at their own will..

Stopped at Luxury Motors on the way back to MI. Over 600 luxury/sports cars under one roof. Impressive. Also very nice guys...
I'd stay away from Luxury Motors if you think this dealer misrepresented a car over the phone. Search other car forums and google; you'll find other similar stories like yours, but for LM.

Did you get a Carfax report before you made the 4 hour drive? It's not 100% reliable, but it might have saved you time and money. When I was looking for mine, I found a C4S at an out-of-state Porsche dealer. It was also CPO and the salesguy emailed me copies of the CPO report; their website even provided a free Carfax report; it listed bodywork was performed when the car was a couple of weeks old.

///Michael

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BEWARE!! Napelton Porsche,IL