996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

FVD 996 GT3 Body Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 07:08 AM
1999 C4 Cab 6 Speed
my996 is infamous around these parts
good to know they stand behind their products. G/L

Old 05-22-2009, 10:02 AM
Doug996InKC is infamous around these partsDoug996InKC is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up FVD -- I'll Buy From Then Again

Just got off the phone with Rhonda. What a super-nice lady! She and FVD are definitely standing behind the product. We even worked out a deal where I have a $125 credit (shipping reimbursement) with them. Very cool.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:18 AM
perryinva is infamous around these parts
My sales experience with her has also been very positive.

Old 05-24-2009, 06:49 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes. How the mistakes are dealt with shows the character of who we are. Glad to hear it is working out in the end and that they are a stand up company!

Old 05-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
To all who posted after Doug's issue with one of our bumpers, I can assure everyone that we will go over this bumper error with a fine tooth comb once we receive it back. We will keep everyone posted with what we find. We stand behind all of our products and customer service is top priority to us. Up to this point we have had nothing but praise on these bumpers, if fact here is a recent post.....

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...t-project.html

Nonetheless we are not infallible but will do our best to accommodate all of our customer's. Thanks for everyone's understanding in this matter...

Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 05-29-2009, 09:47 PM
rudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the rough
I like it general, but I'd like it a lot more if the vents were moved higher and closer to the hood (like everyone else does). I'm a big fan of the rear bumper though.

Rudy

Old 06-17-2009, 02:34 PM
FVD-USA is infamous around these parts
We received the bumper back at our facilities and have inspected the piece. The piece showed up exactly in the same condition as Doug’s pictures earlier in this post. Because of this, perhaps a little explanation is due on our behalf.
Glass-reinforced plastics - GFK laminates, as composite materials consist of two or more components. The basis is unsaturated polyester resin - the matrix and also the fibrous bracing material, glass in this case. The resin is translucent in its unfinished form. GFK is stronger than fiberglass and because of this less is used in the mold for these bumpers. This is due to two reasons- GFK’s increased strength and concern for the final product weight. In order to keep the weight comparable to an ABS plastic bumper, the amount of material is kept low. Less material however doesn’t mean that the bumper is by any means inferior in quality due to the increase strength of GFK compared to everyday fiberglass.
Once again, the GFK resin is by nature translucent and if not primed the entire bumper would show a back lit source. After the piece is made in the mold, the bumper is then initially prepped, sanded and a light coat of primer rolled on. The bumper than goes through another sanding before it its shipped in order to remove rough spots and clean up the lines and edges. The bodywork is then ready to undergo initial fitment to the vehicle and a final sanding, prep, primer and paint by the customer, or body shop before installation. The initial primer coat is merely to mask some of the opacity of the bumper and is by no means (in most cases) ready for a base coat of paint. The initial coat on this bumper was lighter than other areas and was not an indication of where the material in the mold was thinner than in other spots, merely where primer wasn’t rolled on. In the pictures Doug posted, you can clearly see the roll marks and brush strokes where the primer was and was not put on. Since bumpers usually need to undergo an additional prep after the fitment, not much primer is used and these light spots as seen in the pictures develop.
As for the mount tabs on the inside of the bumper where the front leading edge is attached to the body, these tabs are longer in length than generally necessary to facilitate several different mounting points in the rear of the car. Most people attach these to the lower bumper heat shield bracket (where the OEM bumper mounts) and merely requires the tab to be bent into the proper shape or cut to fit your mount location. Additional length is left on to accommodate the location of your choice.
We apologize that the bumper was not as you expected when it arrived to you and did our best to ensure the return process was painless. This bumper, however has been extremely popular and have had up until this point, nothing but positive feedback regarding these pieces. We hope this post clarifies any questions left unanswered and appreciate the 6-speed communities time.

Best Regards
Mark
FVD Technical Department

Old 06-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Doug996InKC is infamous around these partsDoug996InKC is infamous around these parts
Mark,

Thank you for the detailed explanation, and for allowing me to return the bumper without any hassles. I still think I made the right decision by not installing the bumper.

Best regards,
- Doug