996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

porsche OEM rubber mats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 10:01 PM
carsareart is infamous around these parts
Drifter12 go to the dealer and check out the targa and convertible cars with the Bose Option. I ordered the Non Bose Mats for mine. My dealer parts manager and I walked around the showroom and compared cars and mats to find the ones I ordered. I have a really good dealer in my area.

As far as the looks, yes the rubber mats are not as pretty but they are very functional and if you get the Porsche ones they do look cool, at least for rubber mats. I drive my car daily and like the extra protection for my carpet. Each to his own.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:23 AM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
of course all the rubber mat fan boys are going to hit up this thread. the fact of the matter is, regular carpet mats are superior to hiding dirt, maintenance, etc unless you off-road your 911.

for those of you who live in wintery climates and need to dd your 911... you're unlucky.

Old 12-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
drifter12, if you ordering them form Suncoast, E-mail them, Steve is very very helpfull... post some pix if you do get em :P

Old 12-14-2008, 02:07 PM
usdmej is a jewel in the roughusdmej is a jewel in the roughusdmej is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
of course all the rubber mat fan boys are going to hit up this thread.
considering the OP didnt even ask for peoples opinions about rubber mats, i'm not surprised the haters showed up either, but then again i came from honda forums so i'm used to it

if you order from suncoast make sure you keep up with the order status until it ships, i ordered some accessories and got them in the mail a month after my card was charged =/

Old 12-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by usdmej
considering the OP didnt even ask for peoples opinions about rubber mats, i'm not surprised the haters showed up either, but then again i came from honda forums so i'm used to it

if you order from suncoast make sure you keep up with the order status until it ships, i ordered some accessories and got them in the mail a month after my card was charged =/
ignorance and dorkdom doesn't discriminate, bud. driving a brand X car doesn't immunize you from being an idiot. i see so many poorly modded 911s, it's actually a greater tragedy since you'd think money would buy taste.

and what the heck do you think internet forums are for? sharing facts? rational debates? c'mon dog get your mind right. i'd be hella bored if that were the case.

don't buy from suncoast. they're not even the cheapest oem parts dealer. sunset in OR is it. they won't pull that 1 month visa **** on you.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:58 PM
drifter12 is infamous around these parts
I prefer sunset in OR as well, they've provided great service (as steve at suncoast has), however they have beat suncoast's pricing on the last couple of items i ordered. i'm going to look at the mats in person first, i'll keep you all posted if i order them.

let's please not turn this thread into a name calling debate, just information rearding an option for those interested. i dont see anything ignorant or dorky about getting a set of rubber mats, but thats just me. for those who want to learn more about rubber mats read on. for those who dont, like benjamin- we heard your opinion the first time. thanks and carry on.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:31 PM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
Maybe in some cases it is our downfall that we have a well laid out, easy to navigate website with our prices advertised, as it makes it easy for others to price match us if they wanted to on a sale by sale basis (we all get our parts at the same price from Porsche). But anyone who has cared to ask knows that if it is at all possible (read: if we aren't losing money on the sale), I have never turned down a price match offer.

And it's true, sometime some parts take a while to go out, especially if they have to come in from Germany. We try to keep up with communication in these circumstances and have admittedly faced some growing pains this past year. But if a customer really needs something quickly, we're able to see everyone who has a part in stock and we're always more than happy to point people in the right direction, even if it means we lose the sale. Actually, if Sunset has a part in stock that we don't, I usually send customers there because I know they'll get a great price and good service. And you know what, they have sent their customers to us too!

I guess at the end of the day, we're both really trying to do our best for you guys. And I'd to think that most people would at least give us a shot before any trash talking.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:04 PM
drifter12 is infamous around these parts
steve, thanks for your post. i've ordered from you guys before too and always received great service. Even though I more recently bought from Sunset, your ecomm site is one of a handful we all use for reference (as I'm sure you know). A great boon for the consumer, but you are right- at the risk of easy targeted price matching. with that said, i'll definitely be calling you guys when it comes time for my next order (mats and either a B&M ss or 997 shifter)!

Originally Posted by SuncoastSteve
Maybe in some cases it is our downfall that we have a well laid out, easy to navigate website with our prices advertised, as it makes it easy for others to price match us if they wanted to on a sale by sale basis (we all get our parts at the same price from Porsche). But anyone who has cared to ask knows that if it is at all possible (read: if we aren't losing money on the sale), I have never turned down a price match offer.

And it's true, sometime some parts take a while to go out, especially if they have to come in from Germany. We try to keep up with communication in these circumstances and have admittedly faced some growing pains this past year. But if a customer really needs something quickly, we're able to see everyone who has a part in stock and we're always more than happy to point people in the right direction, even if it means we lose the sale. Actually, if Sunset has a part in stock that we don't, I usually send customers there because I know they'll get a great price and good service. And you know what, they have sent their customers to us too!

I guess at the end of the day, we're both really trying to do our best for you guys. And I'd to think that most people would at least give us a shot before any trash talking.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Banned

-i think it's very cool that you guys sponsor this board

-sunset does sell parts for cheaper

-sunset ALWAYS has a parts person on the other end when you call them (very responsive via e-mail as well)

-the above may be due to the fact that they don't have the salesy overhead (e.g. website, sponsorship)

-i buy from sunset also because they're on the west coast (oregon)

trash talking? c'mon man. you're representing your ENTIRE dealership brand and you come in here and accuse someone of trash talking? it's called customer honest to goodness testimony and i've given you ample reasons why i recommend sunset over suncoast.

with that saidnext time i order oem parts, i will price compare just to give you guys a shot at my business, steve, because i like this board and you are a sponsor.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:23 PM
usdmej is a jewel in the roughusdmej is a jewel in the roughusdmej is a jewel in the rough

thanks for that reply steve. i think anyone that visits your website could understand why your prices may be higher than other dealers and its very honorable to offer price matching despite the extra cost of this service.

benjamin . . . i dunno man, you havent even done business with them and you're telling people to go with sunset. yea my purchase took a month to get to me but i wasnt in a hurry and forgot all about it. i'm sure, based on steves response above, that if i'd followed up on it the matter wouldve been promptly resolved. i just gave a fair warning for people to keep track of their order status

looking back on this thread i cant really say that you've contributed anything to it besides your penchant for arguing with people . . . yea sure even good forums where people contribute have trolls, but it doesnt give you an excuse to be one unless ur just like that

gl in your search to see if rubber mats are worth it drifter. i guaranty you the first time you step into your car with a wet pair of shoes you'll wonder how you ever lived without it

Last edited by usdmej; 12-15-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:24 AM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the responses, and I apologize if I have effectively hijacked a thread on floor mats!

Ben, I have no problem with you. I'm sure you are well aware, vocal customers like you are a very valuable asset to any business. I read everything customers say about us on every single board and really appreciate what people here and on the other forums say about us. Do a quick thread title search for "suncoast" and you'll see what I'm talking about! But I would not want our customers talking down on another vendor to drive business towards us, that's not how we work.

And the guys at Sunset are very good, and very prompt. We try our very best, and I think people see that, but we do have only 3 guys here who handle everything from building the website/ebay/amazon pages to actually putting the packages on the delivery truck. It's not unusual for us to ship over 100 packages in a day and sometimes that does unfortunately cause us to miss a couple phone calls (which we try to return as quickly as possible if a message is left) or push back email responses. But those are the growing pains I was referring to before, and we are working hard on resolving those.

Thank you for saying you'll give us a chance. I know that it is more convenient for you to work with Sunset because they are close and you already have a relationship with them, and that is awesome. Thank you for your input and happy holidays!

And yes, in my opinion, rubber floor mats are great! They're inexpensive and easy to clean without busting out the Spot-Bot

Last edited by SuncoastSteve; 12-16-2008 at 11:19 AM. Reason: spelling fail