996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

RUF, I am not impressed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 03:58 PM
SecretAznSauce is a splendid one to beholdSecretAznSauce is a splendid one to beholdSecretAznSauce is a splendid one to beholdSecretAznSauce is a splendid one to beholdSecretAznSauce is a splendid one to beholdSecretAznSauce is a splendid one to beholdSecretAznSauce is a splendid one to behold
Angry RUF, I am not impressed

So I see that they have 2 sets of used 911 996 18" wheels for sale on EBAY. Of course both sets, reserve not met. I email them and we agree on a price, 1 set no tires $400.00. 1 set with used tires for $600. I call and tell them i will be there tomorrow. so i came there today around noon. " Oh both sets are sold" but I have this one set here for $850. hmm, they are the same set that you agreed to me on for 600? he goes oh no, those are sold, we sent them off to cali this morning. and the other set with no tires? ya we just sold them this morning. but I will let you have these here for $850.00" I said these are the same ones you have on ebay and the ones you agreed to, I have it right here on my IPHONE, he still persisted that those were 17's on ebay and they are sold, ya really?

WTF kind of business is that? just because I am not there to spend 10's of thousands of dollars, you change prices on me? and lie over and over?

No thanks I will take my hard earned money somewhere else, even if its just a few hundred dollars

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AIT&viewitem=

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AIT&viewitem=

Dear dynamicautoworkz,

Eric,
We are looking at getting $400 for this wheel set. This would be good for us so that we do not have to ship them. This is a bit below our reserve just to help move the wheels. Thanks!

- rufautocentre

Old 12-19-2008, 04:38 PM
himself is a jewel in the roughhimself is a jewel in the roughhimself is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by SecretAznSauce
WTF kind of business is that? just because I am not there to spend 10's of thousands of dollars, you change prices on me? and lie over and over?
There are 2 sides to every story. I have always had good experiences with Ruf. They are a long standing business, supported by an even longer standing business, with loads of clients coast to coast. They are a site sponsor many places (including here), and they do charity work as well.

Maybe there was a mix up, miscommunication, or misunderstanding. But my intuition tells me that there is no way Ruf tried to pull a fast one on you.

And personally, I never liked the "bash a businesss" threads without more than just he said, she said. It comes off like a "pity me" party.

-td

Old 12-19-2008, 04:51 PM
FNR32 is a jewel in the roughFNR32 is a jewel in the roughFNR32 is a jewel in the rough
There seem to me holes in your story, and it's not what you know, or "think you know", it's what you can prove. I have heard nothing but good things about the guys at Ruf so im taken back by your post(s).

Old 12-19-2008, 06:09 PM
SecretAznSauce is a splendid one to beholdSecretAznSauce is a splendid one to beholdSecretAznSauce is a splendid one to beholdSecretAznSauce is a splendid one to beholdSecretAznSauce is a splendid one to beholdSecretAznSauce is a splendid one to beholdSecretAznSauce is a splendid one to behold
you see that email they sent me?

we agreed on it, thats all, I said i was will be there the next day. and you see the links. so yes i am just ranting because I ws told one thing and it wasnt delivered. my 2 cents of input won't hurt their business or reputation at all I am sure. I am just more hoping someone there at RUF will see this wonder why this even happened. its a part of quality control. maybe its an issue with a sales guy? no?

Last edited by SecretAznSauce; 12-19-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:27 PM
PasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to all
ebay feedback

it is not great...

Old 12-19-2008, 09:09 PM
jcortney is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by himself
There are 2 sides to every story. I have always had good experiences with Ruf. They are a long standing business, supported by an even longer standing business, with loads of clients coast to coast. They are a site sponsor many places (including here), and they do charity work as well.

Maybe there was a mix up, miscommunication, or misunderstanding. But my intuition tells me that there is no way Ruf tried to pull a fast one on you.

And personally, I never liked the "bash a businesss" threads without more than just he said, she said. It comes off like a "pity me" party.

-td
Are you talking about THE "Ruf". He's talking about a Ruf authorized dealer.

Just thought I'd make sure.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:46 PM
nine9six is infamous around these partsnine9six is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by FNR32
There seem to me holes in your story, and it's not what you know, or "think you know", it's what you can prove. I have heard nothing but good things about the guys at Ruf so im taken back by your post(s).
I dont see any holes. He showed us his email and the ebay link and it seems like SecretAznSauce got hosed. A deal is a deal and it appeared that Ruf did not honor it.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:06 AM
himself is a jewel in the roughhimself is a jewel in the roughhimself is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jcortney
Are you talking about THE "Ruf". He's talking about a Ruf authorized dealer.

Just thought I'd make sure.
Sorry, I don't get your statement. What is THE "Ruf"?
-td

Old 12-20-2008, 12:23 AM
LowStro9 is infamous around these parts
The is only one "RUF" and RUF in Addison is the ONLY authorized dealer.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:32 AM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
little confused here. are there any authorzied RuF dealers??

Old 12-20-2008, 01:19 PM
LowStro9 is infamous around these parts
Nothing to be confused about. There are two "RUF's" and two only. The original RUF in Europe and Wayne Corley of RUF Autocentre in Addison Texas is the ONLY authorized partner of the original RUF.

Good guys on my end and have always treated me well and been very forthright with my needs. Try and have a chat with Wayne. If there is any inconsistency or miscommunication, I can assure you, he will adjust it. They are great businessmen and passionate about serving their customers.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by LowStro9
Nothing to be confused about. There are two "RUF's" and two only. The original RUF in Europe and Wayne Corley of RUF Autocentre in Addison Texas is the ONLY authorized partner of the original RUF.

Good guys on my end and have always treated me well and been very forthright with my needs. Try and have a chat with Wayne. If there is any inconsistency or miscommunication, I can assure you, he will adjust it. They are great businessmen and passionate about serving their customers.
Besides the original in Germany, I thought there are a few Ruf partners: Japan, Sweden, Norway, S. Korea, Bahrain and USA. [The USA one is here in Dallas.] Are the other Ruf "partners" not really Ruf? [Edit: these are all shown on the Ruf.de contact us page HERE.]

That's why I was confused with the original comment refering to "THE Ruf." I thought there were other Ruf affiliates I didn't know about selling Ruf parts.

-td

Last edited by himself; 12-20-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:36 PM
rs200evo has a spectacular aura aboutrs200evo has a spectacular aura aboutrs200evo has a spectacular aura about
the guys in Dallas are 1st rate, very professional. I have been a buyer and a seller through them.

Old 12-21-2008, 06:27 PM
SAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura aboutSAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura aboutSAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by LowStro9

Ditto!

Old 12-22-2008, 08:55 AM
dcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the roughdcentric is a jewel in the rough
I have only good things to say about RUF! They have always been very forthright about everything, and to this day are the only group that service my car.