996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Depdog's Ebay Muffler By-Pass Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 06:33 AM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
Man, I wish you had these at the show! I can't wait to check the vid when I get home (youtube blocked at work).

Old 12-22-2008, 07:09 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Why wait till tonight? I'll be in your service drive in 30 mins

Old 12-22-2008, 08:39 AM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
Wow, those sound/look great! It was great talking to you as well, hopefully we'll see you at one (or both) of our January events.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:50 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
nice. i wonder how the sound compares to tubis or PSE

Old 12-22-2008, 11:47 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SuncoastSteve
Wow, those sound/look great! It was great talking to you as well, hopefully we'll see you at one (or both) of our January events.
Likewise. Good to finally meet you. Thanks for the loot

Do you have a link to the Suncoast event calendar? Margherita has me down for the Polo event, but can't remember when it is. If it's not on my calendar, I WILL forget.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by angldrkns9
nice. i wonder how the sound compares to tubis or PSE
No comparison. And I don't mean that in a bad way. I like both those exhausts. It's just louder and more aggressive.

This setup is not for the folks that use this as a daily driver. I took it to the office today because I had to run by the dealer. It would probably be too much for anyone that drove it all the time. That being said, I love it!

I pulled in next to a firetruck today. Exhaust burbling, race pads squealing, and a little bass going. A few second later, I hear some women yelling at me. It was actually two female hose draggers up in the engine (not too bad looking either). They wanted to challenge me to a noise competition. I revved it and they were whaling on the air horn. I could see them giggling in the truck as I pulled off. As obnoxious as my car is, it was no match for the air horn on the fire engine After I pulled off I was thinking to myself how weird that just was..... Fun but weird.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
pics of the hose draggers!

Old 12-22-2008, 06:19 PM
I would have had I been prepared. Kind of threw me for a loop with some ladies yelling at me from a firetruck.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:28 PM
rwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to behold
Hmmmmm.......
So I'm not the only 996 in Dunedin FL with muffler bypasses.....
I have the same ones I think (bought on ebay 1 1/2 years ago). I REALLY like the sound and get compliments on it. They have discolored quite a bit but I might be able to polish them out (haven't tried polishing too hard yet).

One suggestion: They should come with earplugs for wifey...he, he, he

Old 12-22-2008, 08:27 PM
If you're in Dunedin why have we never met up?

Old 12-22-2008, 09:10 PM
rwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by deputydog95
If you're in Dunedin why have we never met up?
Beats the hell out of me......
I'm a fan of yellow and I'm certain I would have remembered your car if I had run across it....Especially with the muffler bypasses...Kind of hard to miss.....

We must have different parole officers

Either of these two look familiar?

Attached Images   
Old 12-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Turbo cab yes. The white one, nope...

Old 12-23-2008, 10:22 AM
johnnytaboo is infamous around these parts
Rwgrif, they polish right up with some of that mothers metal polish. Mine were looking a bit grimey a few months ago, so I used that stuff. Works wonders.

And DD, PLEASE shoot another video of these. I really want to hear how a supercharged 996 sounds with these pipes. Mine get progressively louder with each bolt on (though the K&N seemed to have the most drastic effect), but I've always been curious.

Your car is B-E-A-utiful by the way.

Old 12-23-2008, 12:05 PM
PacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud of
Dont leave me out. I'm in Safety Harbor/Clearwater

Old 12-23-2008, 12:21 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
I wanna play too......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xBidMLQeOk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIoQJ...e=channel_page

My neighbors LOVE me.....

Originally Posted by FLY996
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NACN6WdV_KQ[/quote]

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Depdog's Ebay Muffler By-Pass Review