996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

your thoughts on this wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 12:56 AM
milkillen is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SecretAznSauce
yup 19 x 8.5 and 19 x 11
Those are really nice. Im also into them!

Old 01-04-2009, 10:29 AM
BMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really nice
Originally Posted by ls911
I understand and know Ben can be hard to take at times (for some).
Some do take it him and his comments a little to personal IMO, again, I understand how that goes and why some would
Ben is raw and straight forward and at times can come across rude and is. BUT this is all about cars, mods and opinions, that's it.
I must say that I know many times he is just messing around, as he does with fly for example and fly right back at him...lol. Nothing personal here but does go right over the heads of many
It's about entertainment...
As far as Ben having positive things to say...many times he does but when this takes place it's quickly overlooked by those who can't stand him.
I've never had a problem with him because I get him, able to keep things in context and do value his opinions and taste.
Taste he does have like him or not.
One last thing, many here claim to know him and how he is but the fact is few actually even have a clue who he really is
Im pretty new to this forum. Just got my P-Car 3weeks ago. I dont even know the dude,so I reallly dont take his immature comments,as if he's "playing around". WOW,the 996 picture thread I was getting decent comments about my Porsche. Here comes MR. BEN CHOI,"oh it looks like a piece of junk" WTH?..Just becuz im rockin a fiberglass techart kit and blk staggered wheels with an 02 converted front. Whatever,I really hope that guy wasnt a grown adult because thats just uncalled for. This is why he got banned,from 2 forums that is!!

Old 01-04-2009, 11:53 AM
ls911 has a spectacular aura aboutls911 has a spectacular aura aboutls911 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by BMoney5327
Im pretty new to this forum. Just got my P-Car 3weeks ago. I dont even know the dude,so I reallly dont take his immature comments,as if he's "playing around". WOW,the 996 picture thread I was getting decent comments about my Porsche. Here comes MR. BEN CHOI,"oh it looks like a piece of junk" WTH?..Just becuz im rockin a fiberglass techart kit and blk staggered wheels with an 02 converted front. Whatever,I really hope that guy wasnt a grown adult because thats just uncalled for. This is why he got banned,from 2 forums that is!!
You're right, he was not playing around with you, called it how he saw it. Many here probably feel much the same but will not put it out there as most feel it is not worth it.
But IF I owned and posted a p-car put together by wicked I'd best have my thick skin on just in case...
To each his own here.
So he called your car junk, ok rude and blunt, blow it off and move on no big thing just an internet car forum.
BTW, you are doing the very same thing you call out as being so wrong exept for you doing it in a very personnal way to a guy that is unable to respond.
Not good either ey?

Sorry for the hijack

Old 01-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Mother is infamous around these parts
ok back on topic, i am growing to like these
Put a set of 19's on mine like that (RUF Style) from Wheel Dynamics with Verdstein wheels and they look great to me, however they are heavy. The tires are quit and provide good traction although have not tried on track. If you get them get the black porsche sig center caps to tie them together.

Attached Images   

Last edited by Mother; 01-04-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:11 PM
BMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really nice
You're right, he was not playing around with you, called it how he saw it. Many here probably feel much the same but will not put it out there as most feel it is not worth it.
But IF I owned and posted a p-car put together by wicked I'd best have my thick skin on just in case...
To each his own here.
So he called your car junk, ok rude and blunt, blow it off and move on no big thing just an internet car forum.
BTW, you are doing the very same thing you call out as being so wrong exept for you doing it in a very personnal way to a guy that is unable to respond.
Not good either ey?

Sorry for the hijack
No,I was just answering you. Sense your the one that seems to know him and sticking up for him when you exactly know he is flat out being wrong and very immature..Period! My real problem is that other people had nice comments and wanted me to post more pics and then he comes along and says "you've gotta be kiddin me" Big start right there. He also gets on the member FLY alot about his car as I read along. But hey to each person its own,everyone reacts differntly and wont mind it or will mind it.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:50 PM
ls911 has a spectacular aura aboutls911 has a spectacular aura aboutls911 has a spectacular aura about
Ok, so he called out your car as junk. That sucked was rude and everybody else said it looks great but that Mr Choi.
The whole thing is lame and blown way out of proportion.
I'm done with this one
GL on your new p-car, enjoy it in good health

Old 01-05-2009, 09:21 AM
arr0gant is infamous around these parts
Wow, so Ben is now banned from here AND Rennlist?? So sad...

Old 01-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Ok, so he called out your car as junk. That sucked was rude and everybody else said it looks great but that Mr Choi.
The whole thing is lame and blown way out of proportion.
I'm done with this one
GL on your new p-car, enjoy it in good health

You're right...lets put this stuff behind lol..Newayz thanks on the comment..If that one is yours in your default pic..Looks very clean!

Old 01-05-2009, 10:52 AM
SecretAznSauce is a splendid one to beholdSecretAznSauce is a splendid one to beholdSecretAznSauce is a splendid one to beholdSecretAznSauce is a splendid one to beholdSecretAznSauce is a splendid one to beholdSecretAznSauce is a splendid one to beholdSecretAznSauce is a splendid one to behold
ls911, is that your car on classics? can u provide a bigger pic?

Old 01-05-2009, 11:44 AM
EB847 is a jewel in the roughEB847 is a jewel in the roughEB847 is a jewel in the rough
i, for one, won't miss choi's useless opinionated rants which i'm sure have offended many.

when encounter with another pcar on the road, i always wave and give thumbs up and 99% of the time get the same in return. i bet choi is is one of the 1% who don't, thinking his ride is superior to all.

we all have porsches with porsche engines. mods are personal preference. and while there are a few exceptions that made me cringe when i saw them, 99% are beautiful in their own way in my opinion.

adios boner.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:12 PM
AudiOn19s is infamous around these parts
I'm with RedRidge here...The OEM Sport Designs are about as perfect as you can get on a MKI factory aero car. I think the OEM MKII GT3 wheels would look good too if you wanted to stick with an 18. The fact that my car has sport designs has kept me from upgrading as I like them soo much.

For 19's My personal opinion is that there's not much that looks as good as a Champion RG5 (Where's Exlondoner...I know he's got these on his car). Then a mesh wheel like a BBS LM or Work Brombacher.

We're all different though. Go with what you like.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by BMoney5327
You're right...lets put this stuff behind lol..Newayz thanks on the comment..If that one is yours in your default pic..Looks very clean!
All good with me.
Yes it's mine. Mostly stock with some nice factory options
thank you

ls911, is that your car on classics? can u provide a bigger pic?
I found this one from an old I post i had on on Rennlist. Dont have any saved in my computer as it had an issue a while back and most of my pictures are gone...yeah that hurt.
My wife just about cut my, well let's just say she was disapointed as well.
When I get a chance I can get one from the garage if you are looking for a specific shot. Other than that I'm currently up to my waist in that damn snow

Old 01-05-2009, 11:56 PM
nine9six is infamous around these partsnine9six is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mother
Put a set of 19's on mine like that (RUF Style) from Wheel Dynamics with Verdstein wheels and they look great to me, however they are heavy. The tires are quit and provide good traction although have not tried on track. If you get them get the black porsche sig center caps to tie them together.
Nice! got any side profile pictures? Would you say these are much heavier than stock wheels?

Old 01-06-2009, 04:00 PM
FLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud of

What I said from Jump St.

I remember Choi giving this ride mad props....when I suggested these...well not exactly a positive reply from B.C....

Last edited by FLY996; 01-06-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Steve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud of
Remember everyone has opinions, some good, others not so good. But everyday you pass a car and say "wow that's ugly, or who would pick such a color", but there it goes and the driver could care less. Me, I like the fact that we can choose our colors, options, upgrades, etc and really who cares as long as your happy. my 2 cents.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: your thoughts on this wheel