996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Carbon fiber mods

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 08:45 AM
jarrod0073 is infamous around these parts
Carbon fiber mods

I was wondering if the carbon fiber parts for interiors were just overlays on top of the original parts or is there a place to get solid carbon parts?

And where would you suggest getting interior parts for the 996

Old 01-19-2009, 08:53 AM
KelvinC is infamous around these parts
I'm not sure that even the OEM stuff in our cars are ENTIRELY carbon. I think mostly they are a carbon layer over plastic, but still manufactured into whole parts (not the overlay trim kits that you can find on eBay).

http://www.macarbon.com

Talk to John or Lane. Really high quality stuff and great service as well. There are a few other options for our cars too, but I don't have any experience with them (other than OEM) and can't vouch for the quality of their products.

Last edited by KelvinC; 01-19-2009 at 08:55 AM.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jarrod0073
I was wondering if the carbon fiber parts for interiors were just overlays on top of the original parts or is there a place to get solid carbon parts?

OEM Carbon is just an Overlay on the Orginal Plastic Part...

Suncoast has great prices also for OEM http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/me..._Code=996TTINT

Old 01-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Former Vendor
LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !
All "Porsche" interior carbon is an overlay over plastic parts.

We make all of our Porsche carbon parts the same way, because it would be almost impossible to make them out of full carbon, because the interiors are snap together. We do most of our Ferrari and Lamborghini interior parts in full carbon, because they parts are much simpler and less modern than the Porsches.

A lot of molded parts on the market for other cars aren't full carbon either. They usually do the back sides in fiberglass, which takes away any benefits of a molded piece, and makes the fitment an issue.

All of our carbon stays nice and black, and doesn't yellow or crack like the factory carbon.

Suncoast Porsche is a great place for any factory parts, and they also sell MAcarbon parts.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Lane

Old 01-19-2009, 12:30 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !

macarbon

Old 01-19-2009, 01:42 PM
jarrod0073 is infamous around these parts
macarbon looks good thanks for the ideas and suncoast is a good option....Has anyone used DBcarbon? They seem to have a lot of different parts ready to ship just wondering about the quality.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:48 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
macarbon looks good thanks for the ideas and suncoast is a good option....Has anyone used DBcarbon? They seem to have a lot of different parts ready to ship just wondering about the quality.

Wow DBCARBON looks good too... And Way Cheaper... See if you can work out a Package Deal with them... Now i am lookign at this too lol

Last edited by Zookie; 01-19-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:35 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
I've dealt with Daniel before (DB-Carbon)
I have some pieces OEM from Suncoast. You can't tell the difference between OEM and DB carbon. Prices are great, shipping is fast and they have a load of select parts.
So far, so good!
joel

Old 01-21-2009, 08:02 PM
erubin is infamous around these parts
I have the DB carbon ignition and hazard surrounds. The quality and fitment are excellent and the their prices although not cheap seem more reasonable than some of the other manufacturers. I am going to buy the seatbelt outlets and steering column cover next.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:24 PM
wicked 7 is infamous around these parts
I did both of my cars in DB Carbon - excellect quality and pricing.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:57 AM
Porter Erskine is infamous around these parts
Thats a very interesting article.never read such a thing.after reading i think i should say that our science was lways like this.we keep on changing thiongs until what we observe was achieved thru our calculation.Then evrything we know about dinosaurs is wrong?well their calculations cant be all assumptions.they must have some solid base