996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Tip question on Rejex

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 07:29 AM
1999 C4 Cab 6 Speed
my996 is infamous around these parts
Tip question on Rejex

SANDOVAL, I was hoping you could help me. I rejexed my 996. Let it sit overnight and it looks excellent. I went driving and there is a slight amount of dust on the paint. I used an ArmorAll glass cleaner spray that is for cleaning glass and wiped it off using a microfiber towel. Do you recommend any other type of spray to dust the car? - Or do you recommend any other type of process to wipe the dust off of a car in such a situation? Thanks

Tony

Old 09-20-2004, 07:44 AM
Porsche Chick
RobynC is infamous around these partsRobynC is infamous around these parts
I use Maguiars Quik Detail spray in between...works like a charm.

Old 09-20-2004, 08:13 AM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
Make sure you are applying enough RejeX. Your layer of RejeX should reduce dust. It is always a good idea to use a quick detail spray after a drive. The combonation of RejeX and a polymer detal spray it will reduce the frequency of washes while leaving you with a great shine.

I use and recommend the Einszett Detail spray. I have also used the meguires spray which is also good too.

Detail-Spray is a revolutionary 'quick detailer' with the addition of polymers ("Polymolekulare Funktionale" polymer technology) which provides both protection that lasts for weeks as well as unmatched depth and gloss. Detail-Spray's concentrated formula easily removes light dust, smog, fresh tree sap, bird droppings, fingerprints and other environmental fallout to keep your paintwork surface looking its best between washes. Simply spray and wipe off with microfiber cloth for a deep, wet finish.

Old 09-20-2004, 08:30 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
I would never EVER use glass cleaner on a painted surface of the vehicle. Follow the guidance above - the quick detailer products out there work remarkably well after Rejex.

Old 09-20-2004, 08:38 AM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
BTW the glass cleaner is braking down and removing the RejeX and or Wax you had applied.

Glass cleaner is not a good idea.

Old 09-20-2004, 09:06 AM
1999 C4 Cab 6 Speed
my996 is infamous around these parts
Looks like I should go over the areas again to make sure Rejex is still on. I'm a dummy. Anyway, is Meguiars #34 Final Inspection a proper product? I'll look into getting the 1Z Detail-Spray (Lackfinish) too but wanted something right now (retail).

Thanks

Old 09-20-2004, 11:48 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Yup, quick detailer and rejex...water has only touched my car once...besides rain of course.

Rejexed a few months ago...still has a pretty nice shine and reflection...

Old 09-21-2004, 07:37 AM
Dev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really niceDev911 is just really nice
Yes but does Rejex work well on black? I go crazy trying to get swirl marks off it. My brain hurts after detailing my car. Also, does anyone use a car cover?
I bought the Mr. Clean Never Dry and it worked well. I'd say 95% was water mark free. Black is a *****, but we all know that.

Old 09-21-2004, 07:42 AM
fdb996c2 is infamous around these partsfdb996c2 is infamous around these parts
My car is black, and Rejex results are outstanding. I use Griot's Quick Shine detailer, and that works very well, but I may have to give this Einszett product a try.