996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

LED taillights - Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 07:51 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Thanks for the patience everyone.

We will have an update this week.

Edwin

Old 04-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Breakthru is infamous around these parts
Sweet. That buys me more time as i am on the fence!

Decisions decisions.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
Thanks for the patience everyone.

We will have an update this week.

Edwin
come on i cant wait any more!!!!!!! lololol!!!

Old 04-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Banned
yellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really nice
Hi. Is the fog light on both sides, or just the driver side (like factory)? I customized mine and installed a fog light on the passenger side as well.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:21 PM
orangec2 is infamous around these parts
Yellowbmr,
I was one of the guys that went and tried out the LED's on my car. Their set up leaves the stock fog lights intact and will work just like stock. On mine it was just the driver side, and it still worked when you turned it on.

OrangeC2

Old 04-08-2009, 12:45 AM
Doc_Porsche is infamous around these partsDoc_Porsche is infamous around these parts
so what's the verdict......? been awhile and 14 pages later...........sigh.........

Old 04-08-2009, 05:14 AM
Steve Germany is infamous around these parts
I'm jumping on board - I'd like a set of these beauties! Will you be able to mail to an APO address via US mail?

Opps - I need to wait until the wide body ones are available. Red smoke for me.

Last edited by Steve Germany; 04-08-2009 at 05:22 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:14 AM
Wheelman is infamous around these parts
I hear crickets...no sound or posts

Bueller?.....Bueller?

Last edited by Wheelman; 04-08-2009 at 07:15 AM. Reason: msp
Old 04-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Ok guys/gals...thanks for your patience I was hesitant to update this post b/c of what was happening...see below for details

The lights have landed in US soil but I have some new developments (good news and bad news) so please take this time to read this post and make your decision accordingly.

Here's the bad news...

Precision had an agreement with the US Distributor to be the sole retailer of these lights. However, the US distributor has backed out on their word and not only that, they raised our cost to the lights by 50% (not joking and not a sales scare tactic for me to pass on the cost to the end user).

We tried to "convince" him that he shouldn't do that since we had an agreement (not to mention we provided them the mold for the LED lights) but we were unsuccessful. At this point, at the current GB price of $575 shipped, we are barely going to cover our costs. More on that later...

Here's the good news...

The good news is that the lights have arrived and landed on US soil. Regardless of whether Precision sells them or you find them on ebay, all those who want these lights will now have the ability to purchase them, which I am glad to hear since we are first and foremost car enthusiasts .

Here's the good news (or bad news for some)... since it's clear that Precision won't be the only ones selling these, I have no idea what the US distributor will sell them at in the open market. It can be less but it can be more. However, I will preface this by saying that if $575 shipped is barely covering our cost, I can't imagine his price to the open public will be even close to that.

I spoke with the owner of Precision and in an effort to not look like fools and disappoint our 6speed members who potentially want these lights, we have agreed to continue to run the GB prices to the end of this. After that, we will not be able to sell these lights at $575. I understand that some members will want to get off the GB list and wait and see what the Ebay/US Distributor price is, that's fine and let me know so I'll take your name off the list.

The reason why I'm disclosing all this is is b/c Precision intent on becoming a sponsor was to support 6speed as well as offer exceptional products at very competitive pricing. I would hate to run this GB in light of these circumstances and have these taillights pop up on ebay at lower prices (which I doubt that's going to happen) so I want to lay all the cards out on the table. We can sell 20 or none... honestly, it wouldn't make a big difference to us.

The GB will end on this Friday April 10th and the lights will have to be paid for by then. On friday, we will go pick up the lights and ship them out early next week. Please only commit if you are willing and able to pay.

Price is: $575 shipped (paypal please add 3.9%) = $597.40
$550 picked up (cash only)

When you paypal, please state which version you want.

I know some of you are waiting on how the red/clear looks so we will get one tomorrow and post up pics.

If you want in, please respond via this thread and I will update the first page. For those already on the list, please let me know again (sorry) if you are in still. Thanks

Edwin

Last edited by PrecisionPorsch; 04-09-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:35 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Still in - waiting for pic of red/clear.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:12 PM
DsoVIP is infamous around these parts
i just saw it on ebay, its $700 plus shipping..if I had the money right now I would definitely buy it from precision

Old 04-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by DsoVIP
i just saw it on ebay, its $700 plus shipping..if I had the money right now I would definitely buy it from precision
You're right...here it is

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-05...Q5fAccessories

Edwin

Old 04-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
HxCforlife has a spectacular aura aboutHxCforlife has a spectacular aura about
So the price is still $575??

Old 04-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by HxCforlife
That's correct... $575 on all orders whether we sell 1 or 20. this price is only good till this friday. After that we are going to renegotiate with this distributor.

Edwin

Old 04-08-2009, 04:09 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HxCforlife
His prices are two posts above - post 206

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LED taillights - Thoughts?