996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

LED taillights - Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 12:02 PM
valmeida is infamous around these parts
They will not fit a WB

Originally Posted by PhatchitC4s
Val do you still have the lights ? If so will they fit a 2004 c4s? Very interested . Would send a pm but I haven't posted enough . Thanks

Old 08-16-2011, 07:46 AM
CoolHand is infamous around these parts
Val,

Sent you a PM and the funds, can't wait to see these on my ride!

Old 09-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Just installed these last week, I have full functionality but the left tail light does not light up as brite as the right. Only in bottom red section for night driving when the lights are turned on.

Any thoughts???

Old 09-01-2011, 02:18 PM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by CoolHand
Just installed these last week, I have full functionality but the left tail light does not light up as brite as the right. Only in bottom red section for night driving when the lights are turned on.

Any thoughts???
defective.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Shecky is infamous around these parts
Smile

Any thoughts???
Ouch. Sounds like they're defective bro. I'd try getting my money back or having it replaced with new ones. I've got brand new ones I've never even used, wasting away in my garage. Sent you a PM about it on 8/13, but you ended up buying them from somewhere else. Hope you can get your money back. Let me know if anything and good luck!

Old 09-01-2011, 02:58 PM

Any thoughts???
Ouch. Sounds like they're defective bro. I'd try getting my money back or having it replaced with new ones. I've got brand new ones I've never even used, wasting away in my garage. Sent you a PM about it on 8/13, but you ended up buying them from somewhere else. Hope you can get your money back. Let me know if anything and good luck!
I am thinking it's an electrical issue, I am going to double check for any loose connections. If it gets too in-depth then I have a local electrical shop that can take a look at it. Maybe a bad sauder or resistor somewhere.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:19 PM
matthewbounds is a jewel in the roughmatthewbounds is a jewel in the roughmatthewbounds is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Shecky
Do you still have the LED Tails for sale?

Old 12-27-2011, 10:40 PM
Shecky is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by matthewbounds
Do you still have the LED Tails for sale?
Yup! PM'ed you.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:45 AM
ScoutsOut is infamous around these parts
If you're still doing these, I'd love to talk about getting a set for my 996.

Tried to PM you, but I guess I need more posts. Can you send me a PM at your convenience please?

Old 01-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Mamut79 is infamous around these parts
Made in China = FAIL!! lol

Old 01-12-2012, 10:34 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mamut79
Made in China = FAIL!! lol
Mine have been installed since May - no fail. Not sure what you're basing that statement on. Lot's of other satisfied users.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Mamut79 is infamous around these parts
Im basic my comment on past experience with Made in China products. They break or malfunction quite often. They are tolerable on Honda , Toyota, hell, even GM or Chrysler vehicles, but on a Porsche? Why would you want to deface such a nice car with some cheap eBay tail lights that in the first place DONT make your car look good.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Breakthru is infamous around these parts
I bought some clear ones for my car through Amazon. Got them in, opened them up, quality seemed 'ok'. Wiring seemed flimsy. Installed them on my car and took them off immediately. Hated the way it looked on my car. My car is also a dark blue so the clear just popped out way too much. Smoke would have probably looked better, but at this point, i don't mind the stock rears.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:55 PM
JSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura aboutJSavinoJr has a spectacular aura about
Ive had mine for almost 3 years. Haven't had a problem yet.

Old 01-14-2012, 02:24 PM
wyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the roughwyovino is a jewel in the rough
JSavinoJr - Do you have the clear or smoked version? If you had a chance to do it over, would you chose the same ones (clear or smoked)? My car is dark green and I'm wondering which way to go. The clear portions on my OEM tails seem to be a bit more smoked than the photos that I've seen online of the clear LED tails.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LED taillights - Thoughts?