996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

LED taillights - Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 11:49 AM
ixotuckeroxi is a splendid one to beholdixotuckeroxi is a splendid one to beholdixotuckeroxi is a splendid one to beholdixotuckeroxi is a splendid one to beholdixotuckeroxi is a splendid one to beholdixotuckeroxi is a splendid one to beholdixotuckeroxi is a splendid one to behold
edwin,

those are hot!

let me know when they come out for the tt cars.

Old 03-07-2009, 12:02 PM
rudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Frög
Oh please don't sell these clear ones.. Now i will have to see rice boys with my same car driving around with ricey taillights thinking they are cooler than me and thinking I envy those taillights..

Oh god, the end of the 996 is coming..
Relax... there is nothing, absolutely nothing that can be done to a POS ricer that would make it cooler than a p-car... let 'em think what they want - you can remind them that the reason they're driving a POS ricer like that all tricked out is because they couldn't afford a Porsche of any flavor...

Rudy

Old 03-07-2009, 12:09 PM
BigDaddy is infamous around these partsBigDaddy is infamous around these parts
Hi Edwin

will there be those tail lights for the european market as well?
what your pics shows is that when u turn on the light with those tail lights the turn signals are always on right ??

Greetings from Hamburg-city

Z

Old 03-07-2009, 12:43 PM
shonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to beholdshonuf is a splendid one to behold
count me. clear with red.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:28 PM
orangec2 is infamous around these parts
I am interested. Do you have pics of all three options?
What is the GB count?

Thanks,

Old 03-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Doc_Porsche is infamous around these partsDoc_Porsche is infamous around these parts
i'm interested..... NB for me.... in fact, i saw the new 997 with the led tail and was wondering the exact same thing...

Old 03-08-2009, 04:29 AM
Frög is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rudy1024
Relax... there is nothing, absolutely nothing that can be done to a POS ricer that would make it cooler than a p-car... let 'em think what they want - you can remind them that the reason they're driving a POS ricer like that all tricked out is because they couldn't afford a Porsche of any flavor...

Rudy
A p-car with the all clear taillights IS a ricer.. And that is what I am talking about..

Old 03-08-2009, 05:52 AM
BigDaddy is infamous around these partsBigDaddy is infamous around these parts
Hi Edwin

maybe you can post a little video on youtube for all the interested fallas here.
i think its betta than pics.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:23 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far

Originally Posted by ixotuckeroxi
edwin,

those are hot!

let me know when they come out for the tt cars.
Tucker, I have already asked the manufacturer to make one for our cars but haven't heard back. Rest assured I will let everyone know if they decide to make one.

Originally Posted by BigDaddy
Hi Edwin

will there be those tail lights for the european market as well?
what your pics shows is that when u turn on the light with those tail lights the turn signals are always on right ??

Z
Z, greeting from the space city (Houston ), I don't see a problem for us to ship the lights across the ocean and have done that before with our kits. The brake lights and turn signals work as OEM. We were just trying to take pics of the lights lit up. Great idea on youtube, I'll try to get one up sometime this week.

Originally Posted by orangec2
I am interested. Do you have pics of all three options?
What is the GB count?

Thanks,
We don't have the red/clear in stock just yet. We will hopefully have the shipment cleared from customs this week and I'll take pics and videos

Originally Posted by ls911
Hmmm
Yeah, that smoked set on black might just be the ticket.
Ok, If we get 20+ I'm in with that new price you haven't gotten around to posting yet
20+ would be great I can lower the price if you all decide to pick up After shipping, if I lower the price anymore, I'd be giving these away at cost

Originally Posted by RF5BPilot
Would like to see more pictures before I comit (of it on the car day/night).

If an LED goes out, what are the options (& cost) to fix it? Do you have to buy an entirely new assembly?
A great and valid question and one that I personally don't know the answer to. Of course, we will pass on whatever warranty the manufacturer offers. I will ask and get back to you. Rest assured, I will post this info in the GB thread.

Originally Posted by Frög
Oh please don't sell these clear ones.. Now i will have to see rice boys with my same car driving around with ricey taillights thinking they are cooler than me and thinking I envy those taillights..

Oh god, the end of the 996 is coming..
... you know, when I was told we bought the all-clear ones (We had to buy all three), I asked the owner of PP... "do you think you can return the all clears?" With that said, who am I to determine what people want so I am just offering all options available to the public... please don't shoot the messenger

Edwin

Old 03-08-2009, 09:06 AM
CayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really nice
I'm not a fan of black tail lights but i think the all clear would actually be the perfect lights to get painted black. Black tail lights tend to end up with this brownish red tint still and maybe using these they would be solid black like the novitec ferrari lights

Old 03-08-2009, 09:10 AM
ls911 has a spectacular aura aboutls911 has a spectacular aura aboutls911 has a spectacular aura about
Ok Edwin, I will keep an eye on all this including the answer to pilots question (that is a great question!).
thx

Yeah...+1 frog

Going all clear will no doubt ruin the look of any Porsche, BMW, MB, Audi, etc...
Goes on a 911 like fuzzy dice and curb feelers on a lexus

To each their own, no insults intended, just saying

Old 03-08-2009, 11:04 AM
dwaynemosley is infamous around these parts
I'm interested as well if they're truly 'plug n play' without adding resistor modules or causing issues with the existing systems functionality.

I second the request for adding a Youtube video about them, including installation and normal operation of all functions.

Please let me know if a GB starts.
Dwayne

Old 03-08-2009, 11:18 AM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
Safe to assume that these meet the DOT taillight brightness standard, whatever the hell that is?

Old 03-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dwaynemosley
I'm interested as well if they're truly 'plug n play' without adding resistor modules or causing issues with the existing systems functionality.

I second the request for adding a Youtube video about them, including installation and normal operation of all functions.

Please let me know if a GB starts.
Dwayne
There is no need to add resistors. I will post videos as soon as I can.

Originally Posted by tejoe
Safe to assume that these meet the DOT taillight brightness standard, whatever the hell that is?
As a disclaimer with all aftermarket lights, these lights are for off-road use only. I do not know if they meet the Department of Transportation guidelines.

Edwin

Old 03-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Basic Sponsor
Ok, in light of all the interest for these LED lights, I'd like to propose this: If a seasoned (over one year membership) 6speed member would like to come to our shop and test fit the lights, plug it up, take pics and a video, and post up their objective opinion, please pm me. In return, when the shipment comes in, I will give you a discount but you will have to go pick up the lights from the shop. The shop is in Harbour City, CA.

What do you all think about that? I think that's a fair proposal... that way everyone knows what the product offers and get it from a non-Precision person.

Edwin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LED taillights - Thoughts?