996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

LED taillights - Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 11:31 PM
Doc_Porsche is infamous around these partsDoc_Porsche is infamous around these parts
so far... what's the price....?

Old 03-10-2009, 07:22 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Price is prob going to be at the 10+ shipped mark since a lot of people are interested.

Edwin

Old 03-10-2009, 10:14 AM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
edwin

sign me up for a set of the smoke/red.

thx

Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
This is what I'm thinking:

1- 5 sets - $650 shipped
6 - 10 sets - $610 shipped
10+ sets - $575 shipped

How does this sound to everyone?

Edwin

Old 03-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Ok, I got word back from the manufacturer about the warranty. There will be a 6 month warranty and it will be exchange only. If a led on the right side goes out within six months, please let me know and if we have one in stock, we'll send you the side that has an issue. If we don't have one in stock, we'll order it and when it comes in, we'll switch them out. Buyer pays shipping on return items.

I think that's all the "open items" out there. It seems that there are a lot of interest on the lights and people want to know what the price is so here's a prelim GB list. Please only put your name down if you are 95% sure that you are going to purchase and you are agreeable to the terms of the GB.

Here are the terms again:

Features:

- LED for brake lights and turn signals
- Plug and play
- Excellent fitment
- retains fog light capability
- Warranty: 6 months exchange - buyer pays for shipping
- Available in: red/smoked, red/clear and all clear
- **currently only available for 996 narrow bodies

D
isclaimer:
- These lights are for off-road use only
- We are not responsible for any electrical issues that may arise

Prelim GB info for all to consider (I will host the real GB once the shipment comes in)

If paying via paypal, please add 2.9% or I can take money order/wire transfer.

1- 5 sets - $650 shipped
10+ sets - $575 shipped
Availability for pick up:
$550 cash after 10 confirmed buyers (deposit collected) for local guys

Prelim GB (Please pick: red/smoked, red/clear, all clear)

Last edited by PrecisionPorsch; 03-10-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:50 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
Do they have LED's for when I turn on the lights? or what happens when I have the lights on at night and then apply the brakes?
A night show would be awesome....

jp

Old 03-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
Do they have LED's for when I turn on the lights? or what happens when I have the lights on at night and then apply the brakes?
A night show would be awesome....

jp
JP,

They use the same harness as the OEM so when you turn on the lights, it will light up and when you hit the brakes, the led's would be brighter. I am still trying to find someone that can take a video. anyone?

Edwin

Old 03-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Wheelman is infamous around these parts
I see the legal disclaimer but does these lights trigger something on the computer error message or something? What electrical issues could arise? Is there anyone running this on their car already, any issues? Anybody is welcome to chime in.

I am interested but I want to see the red/clear before I decide which one to get. So I'm waiting to pull the trigger until I see both red/smoked or red/clear.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Wheelman
I see the legal disclaimer but does these lights trigger something on the computer error message or something? What electrical issues could arise? Is there anyone running this on their car already, any issues? Anybody is welcome to chime in.

I am interested but I want to see the red/clear before I decide which one to get. So I'm waiting to pull the trigger until I see both red/smoked or red/clear.
The disclaimer is just the standard verbage I've seen on aftermarket lights. OrangeC2 tried these on and no error message was found (since it plugs into the stock harness, I dont' see how it can mess things up). Just a extra tidbit of info, the manufacturer of these lights also make others LED tailights for other cars so they are not new in this market. No one is running these in their cars as the lights haven't hit the market yet.

No problem, I will post pics once the shipment comes in.

Edwin

Old 03-10-2009, 12:20 PM
tejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud oftejoe has much to be proud of
I can't remember just where but there have beens posts that LED lights can set off or negate radar/laser detectors. Might search on http://www.radardetector.net/forums/

Old 03-10-2009, 12:37 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the answer... so with lights on: LED's are on. with lights AND brakes: LED's are on and brighter.
Thanks again!
joel

Old 03-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
Thanks for the answer... so with lights on: LED's are on. with lights AND brakes: LED's are on and brighter.
Thanks again!
joel
Joel,

That's correct my friend

edwin

Old 03-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
HxCforlife has a spectacular aura aboutHxCforlife has a spectacular aura about
I am 100% down for this just not sure if i wasnt the Red/Smoke or Red/Clear do to the fact as i haven't seen the Red/Clears yet please let us know when they do come in so we can figure that part out thanks can't wait for these.....

Old 03-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Basic Sponsor
Here are the terms again:

Features:

- LED for brake lights and turn signals
- Plug and play
- Excellent fitment
- retains fog light capability
- Warranty: 6 months exchange - buyer pays for shipping
- Available in: red/smoked, red/clear and all clear
- **currently only available for 996 narrow bodies

D
isclaimer:
- These lights are for off-road use only
- We are not responsible for any electrical issues that may arise

Prelim GB info for all to consider (I will host the real GB once the shipment comes in)

If paying via paypal, please add 2.9% or I can take money order/wire transfer.

1- 5 sets - $650 shipped
10+ sets - $575 shipped
Availability for pick up:
$550 cash after 10 confirmed buyers (deposit collected) for local guys

Prelim GB (Please pick: red/smoked, red/clear, all clear)

1.HxCforlife (red/smoke or red/clear)

Old 03-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Banned
jmenge is infamous around these parts
So no plans for a 996tt version?

Old 03-10-2009, 06:57 PM
CHAOS236 is infamous around these partsCHAOS236 is infamous around these parts
I like them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LED taillights - Thoughts?