996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Refinishing Rim

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 02:21 AM
sam w is infamous around these parts
Refinishing Rim

hi guys, i'm having my 19" techart formula wheel refinished tmw and had one question. silver star in new york is taking care of it and they said it should be ready same day. doesn't it usually take longer than that? i'm under the impression it needs to be sanded and repainted which would take at least 2 days. any comments would be appreciated.

Old 09-30-2004, 02:36 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
The guy did mine in May. He did both rims in one day, afterward you couldn't tell anything was done, they looked great. The only thing was he could have used a little more clear coat ,or whatever he does, as they could be a little shinier. I may have rushed him too much that day, I don't know.
The folks at Silver Star said he would touch them up as required.

Old 09-30-2004, 03:17 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
If they are painted and clearcoated early enough in the day, with curing time in between coats, and light sanding, and they cure to 180 degrees for at least 20 minutes, you should be fine. I would rather take an extra day and be sure they are hard-cured, but you should be fine. If they aren't you'll know.

Old 09-30-2004, 03:37 AM
CoreyNJ is infamous around these parts
I had a rim repaired by a service that comes to the house in a truck(they also do dealerships). It took about 2 hours and was told not to drive the car for a day and no washing for 3 weeks. After that just put a coat of wax.

You can not tell any work was done on the rim. Flawless fix.

About $125 bucks.