996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Painted my Wheels!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Cool

Originally Posted by RaphaelP
Brando, you're going all out on the DIYs, lol. That looks really mean (in a good way). How about you paint my wheels black & I paint your center console seal grey?
Yeah......I'm trying out "Modding on a Budget"

I know I'm certainly not the first to sport this look......but hey, it's new to me!!

Old 03-23-2009, 05:44 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Not bad for $20.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:00 PM
porshaah is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by eaniemeanie
Nice they totally look like they stick out more........

Details please, I'm thinking of doing the same.
thats cuz theyr not mounted.look closer..........brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Old 03-25-2009, 08:39 PM
CosmosC4S is a jewel in the roughCosmosC4S is a jewel in the roughCosmosC4S is a jewel in the roughCosmosC4S is a jewel in the rough
I've been wanting to do that for a year! Mine's the same color, so yours gives me a good preview of how it will look. I would also put a thin red pinstripe around the edge.

Nice job!

Old 04-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Cool

Originally Posted by CosmosC4S
I've been wanting to do that for a year! Mine's the same color, so yours gives me a good preview of how it will look. I would also put a thin red pinstripe around the edge.
Nice job!
You mean kinda like this?????? I wasn't totally through yet........

Old 04-05-2009, 11:56 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Terry, where did you get that pinstripe?

Old 04-05-2009, 02:24 PM
blackbeast99 is infamous around these parts
Brando, I really like that. Looks great! I'm ready for the track. Can't wait.

Old 04-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Dharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud ofDharn55 has much to be proud of
Great job on the refinishing. Gives me hope for my old Tubo Twists.

Old 04-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by heavychevy
Terry, where did you get that pinstripe?
Dez,

I got them from a place in Acworth named Graphic Language. They sell on ebay under Motorcycle wheel stripes.

Here ya go: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motor...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by Brando; 04-05-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by blackbeast99
Brando, I really like that. Looks great! I'm ready for the track. Can't wait.
Thanks D!

I'm ready to go also!!! See ya there!

Old 04-05-2009, 03:14 PM
RaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud of
This really makes me want to do my wheels black with a blue pinstripe... The problem is mine are 2-piece wheels. Does anyone know if I'd have problems if I took them apart & put them back together myself?

Old 04-05-2009, 08:42 PM
CosmosC4S is a jewel in the roughCosmosC4S is a jewel in the roughCosmosC4S is a jewel in the roughCosmosC4S is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Brando
You mean kinda like this?????? I wasn't totally through yet........
Dyamn! There you GO!!! You Da Mann!!! I love it!

The only thing that's holding me back is the fact that the paint won't stand up to stone chips. I did a wheel on my Bimmer once, for some reason the clearcoat turned yellow over time, and there were lots of rock chips. I might just powdercoat them...I dunno. Please let me know how the paint holds up against chips over time.

Last edited by CosmosC4S; 04-05-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:43 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Dyamn! There you GO!!! You Da Mann!!! I love it!

The only thing that's holding me back is the fact that the paint won't stand up to stone chips. I did a wheel on my Bimmer once, for some reason the clearcoat turned yellow over time, and there were lots of rock chips. I might just powdercoat them...I dunno. Please let me know how the paint holds up against chips over time.
I powdercoated mine and so far it's great.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:47 AM
Thumbs up Update

OK....I attended a track event last Thurs and ran 5, 15-20 min sessions.

My rear tires are cooked ........but I don't see one nick or scratch on the wheels! My DIY paint job held up flawlessly. Prep work was the key.

The paint should be "baked on" now.

The only thing that's holding me back is the fact that the paint won't stand up to stone chips. I dunno. Please let me know how the paint holds up against chips over time.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:55 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Terry, that paint, as long as you don't nick it will hold up for a while until the chips start adding up and growing. As long as you can respray it though, it shouldn't be a problem. But when you start getting on track with lots of cars is when stuff starts really getting chipped. TGP isn't a high traffic type of track.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Painted my Wheels!