996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Thinking about upgrading to TechArt Front Bumper. What do you think?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 12:15 PM
FLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud of
[quote=Doug996InKC;2418519]
Since we're on the topic of TA front bumpers... Hey Fly. Did you get your bumper from NR Auto? Is your car MK 1 or 2? How was the fitment?

Precision Porsche - Very good fitment

MK2

Last edited by FLY996; 06-17-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Kirk is infamous around these partsKirk is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by my996
Don't do fiberglass. I got one, and no matter how good the install is, mine was pretty good, I see ripples on the surface. Other people have complained about the same issue. Luckily, my front got hit too so I am waiting to get something in polyurethane.

You really need to get someone who knows how to work with fiberglass to do the install. Starting with good quality parts helps a lot too. I got a fiberglass Gemballa rear bumper for my Boxster. It had been in an accident and was all cracked up. I did the fiberglass repair myself and then a body shop finished the surface and painted it. It's PERFECT, even after the heavy damage it once had. All of the TechArt fiberglass bits on my C4S are also perfect, no ripples or waves on the surface. However, the fiberglass Gemballa sideskirts on my Boxster do have waves on the surface. I think this is 100% from poor prep work by the body shop when they did the install. If done right I think fiberglass parts can come out fine. I'd prefer polyurethane in the front though just for durability reasons.

Kirk

Old 06-17-2009, 03:08 AM
rg04 is infamous around these parts
[quote=FLY996;2418566]
Originally Posted by Doug996InKC
Since we're on the topic of TA front bumpers... Hey Fly. Did you get your bumper from NR Auto? Is your car MK 1 or 2? How was the fitment?

Precision Prosche - Very good fitment

MK2
Hi Fly 996,

We spoke on a thread previously on the front bumper issue.

I've just started a thread asking abt fitment of the TA front bumper. I got 1 from Tony, but the gap between the side marker and the main body is too wide after fitting on the TA bumper. From your pictures, you didn't seem to have the same problem as the line between your side marker and the main body of the car are fine. Or was it because your installer did some "magic"?

Thanks!

Old 06-17-2009, 01:19 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
[quote=rg04;2428137]
Originally Posted by FLY996
Hi Fly 996,

We spoke on a thread previously on the front bumper issue.

I've just started a thread asking abt fitment of the TA front bumper. I got 1 from Tony, but the gap between the side marker and the main body is too wide after fitting on the TA bumper. From your pictures, you didn't seem to have the same problem as the line between your side marker and the main body of the car are fine. Or was it because your installer did some "magic"?

Thanks!

The gap between the side marker and the main body is from not fitting the bumper on the car properly. Check to see if the holes in the bumper underneath the side marker is in the proper location and check to see if the radiator vents needs to be trimmed. The PP bumper fits very well on our cars and they are all made from the same mold.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Former Vendor
markccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to behold
Let me know if you need the real stuff

Old 06-17-2009, 02:55 PM
mwh27 is infamous around these parts
Mark -- can you send me the price of the Techart front spoiler lip that goes on a 2003 996 Targa?

Also, can you send me the cost of the side skirts.

My email is mwh27@***.net. Thanks!

Old 06-17-2009, 03:54 PM
Former Vendor
markccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mwh27
Mark -- can you send me the price of the Techart front spoiler lip that goes on a 2003 996 Targa?

Also, can you send me the cost of the side skirts.

My email is mwh27@***.net. Thanks!
email sent.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:38 PM
reymusic is infamous around these parts
i would love to upgrade to the techart front bumper but its way too expensive..$6000 without installation and paint is a bit alot for just a bumper..

Old 06-23-2009, 07:00 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by reymusic
i would love to upgrade to the techart front bumper but its way too expensive..$6000 without installation and paint is a bit alot for just a bumper..
PM sent

Old 06-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by reymusic
which bumper are you looking at for $6000?

Old 06-23-2009, 10:58 AM
Doug996InKC is infamous around these partsDoug996InKC is infamous around these parts
Mark, what does the genuine TECHART front bumper look like for the MK I 996? I was under the impression that it looks nothing like the bumper we're discussing here (see my avatar).

*** edit ***
Whoa... how did I miss this? How much?

http://www.techart-presse.de/ishow/g...96_A36&kat=996

Last edited by Doug996InKC; 06-23-2009 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Former Vendor
Mark, what does the genuine TECHART front bumper look like for the MK I 996? I was under the impression that it looks nothing like the bumper we're discussing here (see my avatar).
Correct. The TECHART front bumper for the 996 Carrera looks like the one found on this page:
http://www.cecwheels.com/tunerproduc...TProgramfor996

That avatar looks like a TECHART 996 Turbo bumper copy made to fit the Carrera.

We were also discussing the front lip spoiler for the 996 thus some confusion.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Doug996InKC is infamous around these partsDoug996InKC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by markccars
Correct. The TECHART front bumper for the 996 Carrera looks like the one found on this page:
http://www.cecwheels.com/tunerproduc...TProgramfor996
I probably would have purchased the genuine TECHART front bumper for the MK I 996, if it looked like this one:
http://www.techart-presse.de/ishow/g...96_A36&kat=996 -- The photo I posted above is directly from techart's website in Germany (I mean it has the .de domain extension). Is that bumper available for the MK I 996?

Old 06-23-2009, 12:15 PM
Former Vendor
I probably would have purchased the genuine TECHART front bumper for the MK I 996, if it looked like this one:
http://www.techart-presse.de/ishow/g...96_A36&kat=996 -- The photo I posted above is directly from techart's website in Germany (I mean it has the .de domain extension). Is that bumper available for the MK I 996?
That's the genuine TECHART 996 Turbo front bumper. It only fits the MKII 996 Carrera because it shares the same headlamps and fenders with the 996 Turbo.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by markccars
That's the genuine TECHART 996 Turbo front bumper. It only fits the MKII 996 Carrera because it shares the same headlamps and fenders with the 996 Turbo.
Thanks for the clarification Mark. I don't feel so bad purchasing the replica now. I really like the aggressive look.

I already told Alex that if/when I get a 997, 100% genuine TECHART only!

Last edited by Doug996InKC; 06-23-2009 at 12:29 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thinking about upgrading to TechArt Front Bumper. What do you think?