996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

US M030 or ROW M030?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 07:44 AM
Mathemagician is infamous around these parts
ROW M030 is EXACTLY the right compromise for a daily driver. Feels firm and snappy, no floating at (ahem) highway speeds, and no loud bangs on potholes (we have plenty and the corvette I used to have did the bone jarring loud banging, so I know what you're talking about). Body roll is much more comfortable and easier to manage. The speeds that used to make me nervous on our windy mountain roads now are quite comfortable, and the ride is not noticeably harsher than stock. My only regret is not doing it sooner.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:43 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TexasChuck
Hey Suncoast, I sent out an e-mail from your website about getting a quote for the ROW with all of the other pieces to make it a fully assembled unit that just needs to be bolted in. Haven't heard anything. Can you provide this? 2000 C2 Tiptronic
You probably already heard from them - they seem to be very responsive. Here's what their website says:

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/me...=996Suspension

Old 04-20-2009, 10:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 04-20-2009, 07:02 PM
TexasChuck is just really niceTexasChuck is just really niceTexasChuck is just really niceTexasChuck is just really nice
So you got the suspension on mathemagician? No loud banging, sounds like the ticket to me.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:56 PM
kitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud of
I just put on the ROW M030 from Sunset Porsche, just a little cheaper than Suncoast was, but you need to call them. They got it to me quickly and it went on fairly easily... (man, the front sway bar was a PITA!)

Anyway, this is on an 03 cabrio, but I think the ride and handling balance is perfect for the street. Noticeably sharper turn in and barely firmer ride, I think it actually rides better, but I prefer a slightly stiffer ride. I was a little disappointed with the ride heights, the car is lowered but I guess I thought 20/10mm would be more noticeable. it looks like a proper stock height, I doubt most people could tell it's lowered. I measured 26.5" in the front and 26" in the rear, from fender lip to garage floor, but I gotta drive it around some to see if it will settle a bit and then get it aligned.

Anyway, I'm happy, but I could've used 3/4" lower... but for the price, I'm pretty stoked! Who knows, maybe I'll end up doing Bilstein Sports and Eibachs or H&Rs later... (if I need a lower ride height)

Old 04-21-2009, 07:08 AM
Mathemagician is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TexasChuck
So you got the suspension on mathemagician? No loud banging, sounds like the ticket to me.
Yes, and couldn't be happier with it for a daily driver. As noted above, perfect balance for the street.