996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

LED Tail lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 08:57 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by zdr2k
thanks edwin.

question. did you experience the same with the flasher rate? maybe i should install a heavyduty flasher??
Hmm... let me get to the bottom of this. We tested it on our 996 and everything blinked fine. Does your have have litronic headlights? Did you plug in the parking light that were not supposed to?

Edwin

Old 04-17-2009, 09:01 AM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
no litronics. rear parking lights connector not connected. I'll get a HD flasher later today.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:03 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by zdr2k
no litronics. rear parking lights connector not connected. I'll get a HD flasher later today.
Jorge,

I'm on the phone with the distributor. can you try this.... try the lights with the engine off but the key in position 2 in the ignition (last position before engine start)

Edwin

Old 04-17-2009, 10:43 AM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
u might need an led relay, $5 from your local car parts store, i put them on mine when i just swapped out to led bulbs, at first they blinked real fast, then one i bought the led relay no prob since...hope that helps

Old 04-17-2009, 10:46 AM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
thanks omar. I'll try to get one later.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:50 AM
edwin

engine off, #2, light off - normal flash rate

engine off, #2, lights on - fast flash rate

emergency falsh - normal flash rate with either lights on or off.

jorge

Last edited by zdr2k; 04-17-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:38 AM
racesx is infamous around these parts
Which lights did you get, smoked or clear? And yes, pics of them off would be great, thanks. And they look clean!

Old 04-17-2009, 01:02 PM
smoke/red. to go with my third brake light.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Wheelman is infamous around these parts
Was it difficult to remove the oem lights?

Old 04-17-2009, 05:25 PM
nope, very easy. open hood, remove bolt, slide light to the rear. no twisting.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Sweet...thanks. Mine should come in monday. I hope they clear that blinking issue before I install it. Hopefully someone else will chime in with their experience. Mine has HID but I don't know why that would affect the blinking rate.

I have my smoked LED 3rd brake lights on the way too

Can't wait!!

Old 04-18-2009, 04:05 PM
Does any one know the size of the bolt off hand to remove the tail lamp? Any other tools or items I might need to install these babies? My lights came in but my car is at work. I was gonna bring the tools and lamps to work on monday and wanted to make sure I brought all the necessary tools.

Old 04-18-2009, 05:08 PM
bolt size is 10mm. that is all you should need.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:55 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
HxCforlife has a spectacular aura aboutHxCforlife has a spectacular aura about
Did you guys fix the issue you were having with the light??

Old 04-19-2009, 07:01 PM
Breakthru is infamous around these parts
Still waiting to find out the result of the fast blinker issue...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LED Tail lights