996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

LED Tail lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Wheelman is infamous around these parts
Mine blinks fast also..I have an 02 with litronics. I know what you mean by the grommet now. I was a little confused on which lights hooked up where on mine. Does anyone have an installation pic of where each factory harness goes and plugs into where? What did you do with the tiny factory bulb that is not suppose to be plugged in? Mine was not a perfect fit because one adapter had a 3 prong fit where the LED only had a 2 prong. I had to shave off the third prong. Anyone else have this issue?

Old 04-20-2009, 06:10 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HxCforlife
Looks great i sent my PayPal this morning so i should be getting them next week how much did you pay for the deck lid led strip and where did you get it brings it all together nicely??
For the high mounted brake light - http://www.maxspeed-motorsports.com/9963rd.html

Old 04-20-2009, 07:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HxCforlife
Did you guys fix the issue you were having with the light??
Originally Posted by Breakthru
Still waiting to find out the result of the fast blinker issue...
Sorry for any inconvenience guys. I'm working on getting to the bottom of it. I'll let you all know what I find out (within a day or two)

Edwin

Old 04-20-2009, 07:58 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Is it only a problem with the lights on? If so, maybe that's why it didn't show up in your early installs??

Old 04-20-2009, 08:17 AM
no, mine blinks fast with lights on or off.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:46 AM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Wheelman
Mine blinks fast also..I have an 02 with litronics. I know what you mean by the grommet now. I was a little confused on which lights hooked up where on mine. Does anyone have an installation pic of where each factory harness goes and plugs into where? What did you do with the tiny factory bulb that is not suppose to be plugged in? Mine was not a perfect fit because one adapter had a 3 prong fit where the LED only had a 2 prong. I had to shave off the third prong. Anyone else have this issue?
I didn't have to remove or shave anything, one plug had the 2 prongs towards the bottom (not offset) and the other had the prongs offset (staggered). I just found the connectors they went to.

I'll try a heavyduty flasher later today.

jorge

Old 04-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Just want to let everyone know that we want you to be satisfied and stand behind our GB. If we cannot get this issue fixed (or you simply do not want to deal with it), we will gladly refund your money back. Please give us a day or two to try to sort this out. Thanks

Edwin

Old 04-20-2009, 10:28 AM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
no worries edwin. i'm sure we'll find a solution.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:26 AM
keep us posted on the heavy duty flasher and how you wired it, if you would.
TIA

Old 04-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
someone go to auto zone and buy a led flasher, its $5...try it..it worked for me when i put led bulbs in ....let us know

Old 04-20-2009, 11:43 AM
how does it hook up?

Old 04-20-2009, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Omarcoolguy
someone go to auto zone and buy a led flasher, its $5...try it..it worked for me when i put led bulbs in ....let us know
Went to NAPA, they didn't have one, will have one tomorrow........more like $20 not $5. Thats ok though.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
It's a relay , it replaces the factory relay for ur flashers ,in your fuse box by the footwell, except it's made for LEDs , it says right On it led flasher, I remember only paying $5-$8 at most and that was only a few months ago , good luck let me know If it helps

Old 04-20-2009, 08:29 PM
Is there a certain relay or voltage that will fit or is it one size fits all type?

Old 04-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
i just got my lights in today!! wow these are very nice!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LED Tail lights