996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

LED Tail lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 11:18 AM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
the grommet would go on the other end and the two pegs need to in their respective slots by the bolt.

see pics.

Attached Images   
Old 04-22-2009, 11:52 AM
Doug996InKC is infamous around these partsDoug996InKC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by zdr2k
the grommet would go on the other end and the two pegs need to in their respective slots by the bolt.

see pics.
I have a feeling I didn't install mine correctly, especially since there is space between the "two pegs". I bet if I move the light over against the "pegs", the gap issue will be resolved. Please let us know the grommet specs you decided to use, and how it fastens.

Thanks ZDR2K!

I updated post #56!

Last edited by Doug996InKC; 04-22-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:40 PM
Wheelman is infamous around these parts
zdr2k, did you find a fix for the hyperblinking? If you bought a relay, do you know which relay to replace?

Old 04-22-2009, 04:09 PM
Jam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud ofJam996 has much to be proud of
A fix for the fast blinking is to put a resistor on the power wire of turn signals.
That's what I did on all my bikes when I switched to leds. Don't know if relay would work in this case, cause it might control more than just signal..

btw, how come the manufacture didn't realize that before putting in market for high price of 575+, could at least include those grommets!

nice product tho.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:25 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
wow.... this should be plug and play.... its brand new and should not need to be jury rigged.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:52 PM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
1. Hyper blinking with the lights on is still an issue. Not an issue with lights off.

2. Napa ordered me the wrong LED flasher (we need a three prong not a two prong)

3. Swung by Kragen - their Electronic Heavyduty flasher was worst than the original one - hyperflash lights on or off.

4. Napa will have the three prong LED flasher tomorrow for me - if it works I'll post the part num.

With all the different symptoms people have had with these, it would seem the problem is with the flasher and not the lights. update tomorrow with Napa flasher deal.

Lights do look awesome - now I gotta do the fronts somehow.

jorge

Old 04-22-2009, 08:23 PM
one more test.

disconnected the front side lights - normal flash (lights on or off).

can't wait to try the Napa LED flasher!!

Old 04-22-2009, 08:46 PM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
the lights looks so good!!! i still havent got my car back from the shop to install them.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:48 PM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all

see pics.
were do i get the rubber grommet from??

Old 04-23-2009, 07:44 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Redridge
wow.... this should be plug and play.... its brand new and should not need to be jury rigged.
You are absolutely right. I am not sure why this is happening but with the past business dealings we had with the US distributor and the hyperblinking, we will not be selling any more of these lights. We stand by our word and will issue refunds to whoever wishes and will take care of our current customers but after we sell out on these 12 sets, we will not stock anymore.

one more test.

disconnected the front side lights - normal flash (lights on or off).

can't wait to try the Napa LED flasher!!
Jorge,

I greatly appreciate you in pioneering this effort to help the community figure out a solution

Edwin

Old 04-23-2009, 07:58 AM
Doug996InKC is infamous around these partsDoug996InKC is infamous around these parts
Install Followup

Installed the passenger side light and it fits much better. The bracket on the car that holds the two prongs can be adjusted up/down. I fiddled with that bracket on the driver's side and it looks pretty good now. The large gap is no longer an issue.

A rubber grommet is still needed on the opposite side though.

Turn Signal Blinking Pattern
I do not experience the fast turn signal blinking. My car is model year 2000 with regular headlights (not Litronics or HID).

Backup Light
Edwin, the connector you instructed us not to connect is the back-up light, correct? I wonder if a resistor can be placed inline to prevent a blown fuse. I can put a voltmeter to the factor connection to see what juice it pulls. Anybody have suggestions?

Looks Awesome
I'm very pleased w/ the look.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:01 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Doug996InKC
Install Followup

Installed the passenger side light and it fits much better. The bracket on the car that holds the two prongs can be adjusted up/down. I fiddled with that bracket on the driver's side and it looks pretty good now. The large gap is no longer an issue.

I do not experience the fast turn signal blinking. My car is model year 2000 with regular headlights (not Litronics or HID).

Backup Light
Edwin, the connector you instructed us not to connect is the back-up light, correct? I wonder if a resistor can be placed inline to prevent a blown fuse. I can put a voltmeter to the factor connection to see what juice it pulls. Anybody have suggestions?

Looks Awesome
Doug,

I'm glad to hear you got everything worked out. The light to not plug in is not the reverse light but the wedge bulb/parking light.

It may seem that the mk1's don't have an issue b/c Doug (2000) and our 996 (1999) doesn't have the hyperblink issue

For those with the hyperblink issue, what year is your 996?

Edwin

Old 04-23-2009, 08:07 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Doug996InKC
Install Followup

Backup Light

Looks Awesome
doug we need pics!!!! let see them!!!

Old 04-23-2009, 08:41 AM
Wheelman is infamous around these parts
Doug, did you take pics of which plugs to plug in each slot on the passenger side? I will re-install mine tonight. Maybe I plugged them in wrong.

Mine is an 02 with HID

Old 04-23-2009, 08:47 AM
123packman is infamous around these parts
hi, im from the uk and been looking for 996 rear lights for weeks cannot find anthing only standard, i really like led or anything i can get please advise where i can get these thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LED Tail lights