996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

LED Tail lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 08:38 AM
Wheelman is infamous around these parts
It's pretty straight forward. If the connectors don't connect, flip it around and it should connect. MK1 don't seem to have any issues only MK2 with hyperblinking problem.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:11 AM
Doug996InKC is infamous around these partsDoug996InKC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by HxCforlife
My lights came in today they look great in the box will get around to putting them in either tonight or tomorrow. Any helpfull tips or things I'm going to need before I start this ?? Car is a 99 c2. Cab
I would say to make sure you put the light in exactly how the stock came out. Seems trivial, but I wasn't paying attention, and tried to install left-hand side of LED, then right side (driver light). The proper way is to install it "horizontally" in one swoop. Also may need to adjust the car bracket the LED light screw fastens to. Good luck, and be sure to post pics when done.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:55 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
For me it was plug-n-play. Have 2004 C2 (40th) - red/clear - all lights work, no hyper blink. Took me about an hour. I didn't cut the usused parking light bulb wire, taped the opening and taped the bulb to the housing to keep it from rattling. I think they look great.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:56 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Wheelman
It's pretty straight forward. If the connectors don't connect, flip it around and it should connect. MK1 don't seem to have any issues only MK2 with hyperblinking problem.
No hyper blinking with my Mk2 (2004 C2) so there must be some other variable that's causing the problems.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:25 AM
Well you can tell from post of 90 minutes ago I was feeling pretty good about this - easy install, no hyper blink and the lights look great...but all my testing was done with ignition on. When I started the engine I got PSM Failure and ABS Failure. Went for a drive and cycled the engine on/off 4 times still same problem (but the lights work flawlessly) - any suggestions??

Old 04-24-2009, 11:32 AM
I got the PSM failure and ABS failure also but it was hyperblinking. Did you buy smoked or clear?

Old 04-24-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by Wheelman
I got the PSM failure and ABS failure also but it was hyperblinking. Did you buy smoked or clear?
Clear...very frustrating isn't it? They look so good.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:56 AM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
wow that sucks! i wonder why you are geting psm failure and abs failure??

Old 04-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by jstrat85
wow that sucks! i wonder why you are geting psm failure and abs failure??
Just speculation on my part but I would guess that the PSM Failure is triggered by the ABS Failure which is cause by something (notice the technical term) electrical in the brake light. BTW, the two failure lights come on when the engine is started not when the brake pedal is pushed the first time.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Just speculation on my part but I would guess that the PSM Failure is triggered by the ABS Failure which is cause by something (notice the technical term) electrical in the brake light. BTW, the two failure lights come on when the engine is started not when the brake pedal is pushed the first time.
Does the light go away when you put the stock ones back on?

Edwin

Old 04-24-2009, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch

Edwin
I'll let you know in a couple of hours.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:10 PM
my light went away after the stock ones were put back on. It didn't do it the first time I installed it but I don't think I installed the wiring correctly the first time.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
HxCforlife has a spectacular aura aboutHxCforlife has a spectacular aura about
Has everyone had this problem with the psm and abs light????

Old 04-24-2009, 01:21 PM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
99 C2, non litronic. Hyperblink with lights on only. Tried several HD flasher and result was different everytime.

No PSM or ABS issues. Emergency flasher seems ok - with ot without lights on.

LED flasher on order. BTW, smoke/red

jorge

Old 04-24-2009, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch

Edwin
Replaced LED with stock lights - ABS and PSM warning went away.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LED Tail lights