996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Pioneer AVIC-N1 Navigation System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 09:30 PM
chucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of light
I have it in 2001 Boxster (and 2003 Silverado) and I love it! It fit the dash perfectly. When it opens it covers the bottom half of the vents. I put a TV Tuner in and XM radio and I wired the aux inputs to come out one of the storage trays so I can plug in my iPod. The Touchscreen is nice, but the voice activation is a little gimmicky (I don't use it).

It plays Audio, DVD, and MP3 files..so it is very flexible. You can also load your own jpeg pics into it to be viewed as screen savers, etc. It is cool to see my family on the screen.

I have owned a ton of different Navigation units and this is one of the better ones. (Porsche's stock system, Audi's System, BMW 750's, 2 different Alpines, etc)

The system has great graphics and the maps are very fast. It has an interesting feature where you can put a route into memory, remove the Nav disk and then use that drive for playing CD or DVDs. Alternatively, you can add a second drive so you can leave the Nav disk in all the time.

I am going to put one in my Turbo next. Don't ask for pictures as I am out of the country and I won't be back for a week or so..

Thanks

Chuck

Last edited by chucksweet; 10-13-2004 at 09:33 PM.