996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

My Wheels Got Lost

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 08:42 AM
1101mv is infamous around these parts
My Wheels Got Lost

I bought a set of Champion RS97 wheels, two weeks ago from a board member. The wheels got sent by FedEx ground and some how got lost or stolen. I was not home to receive the wheels but FedEx still says they left them anyways. I never found the wheels, and now I am out of the wheels and $3000. Called FedEx and put a claim in but they told me that the shipper did not ask for a signature so the claim might get rejected. What should I do?

Old 10-15-2004, 09:02 AM
alamein is infamous around these parts
every situation is different, I would say it is whoever wanted no signature on the FedEx delivery. If you requested that, it would be your loss, if you didn't, it would be the shippers and I'd get the money from them.

Bad news all around either way.

Old 10-15-2004, 09:07 AM
I never told the shipper or FedEx that I dont need to sign, infact I dont have a signature on file for FedEx. WHY ME!!!!!

Old 10-15-2004, 09:16 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by 1101mv
I never told the shipper or FedEx that I dont need to sign, infact I dont have a signature on file for FedEx. WHY ME!!!!!
Have you talked with the seller yet? Have you seen any vehicles near your home with those wheels on it?

Old 10-15-2004, 09:20 AM
I did talk to the seller, and they are surprised about what happened. What bothers me is that it was only $1.50 extra for a signature required shippment which the shipper should have added. God help me if I see any car with these wheels on them with in a 10 mile radius.

Old 10-15-2004, 09:31 AM
keoni1978 is infamous around these parts
that sucks!! Did you pay with a credit card? if you did, maybe you can dispute it with the credit card company. Good luck

Old 10-15-2004, 09:44 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Also be sure to check with some of your neighbors...someone just might have seen something suspicious.

Old 10-15-2004, 12:05 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
did they say that they were delivered?

Old 10-15-2004, 12:28 PM
Banned
yellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really nice
samething happend to me, well not as much though,

it was a $100.00 frame, i called fedex and they said they left it at the front door, i checked the whole place and no luck. come to find out that the delivery guy left it at 3 houses down. Fedex figured it out 2 days later, and i ended up with 2.
shipper re-sent the item. and fedex found their mistake (the people at that house called fedex to report the package)...

so check with your neighbors.

Old 10-15-2004, 08:17 PM
Jax03C4s is infamous around these parts
Sorry to here there are a few things you can do.
1. Did you have a tracking # you can go online and follow the wheels from shipper to delivery.
2. You should be able to get the time that they were delivered almost do to min. they have to scan the packages. It is not like the delivery guys wouldn't remember 4 large boxes.
3. I ship alot of things FEDEX so the never ask me about the sign thing the just charge me, so I would bet that they needed to be signed for.
4. If they were insured? Which at 3000$ should have been they do want someone to sign for them.

Don't give up hope! Good luck finding them

Old 10-15-2004, 11:21 PM
LVDell is infamous around these parts
Could a neighbor have picked them up for you to prevent this very thing? I frequently pick up my neighbors packages during the day and then get themn to them later when they get home.

Old 10-15-2004, 11:57 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
I've had a few cases where neighbors were doing a good deed and forgot to mention it.....

My last case was when the neighbor put them in his garage for safe keeping and then forgot to say anything.

Two days later when the neighbor remembered he contacted the owner of the rims and everyone lived happy ever after.....

Ask around.....

-Eli