996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Any Experience with Promount License Mount?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 11:57 AM
Kirk is infamous around these partsKirk is infamous around these parts
Any Experience with Promount License Mount?

Any experiences with the front license plate mounts that attach through the tow hook? I basically found three brands:

http://www.moweraxle.com/
http://www.gominigo.com/NHLPB-Porsche.html
http://promountequipment.com/item1.html

The Promount is the most expensive, but also looks to be the best designed with robust materials. This is the way I'm leaning. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I'm not really planning on using it, but I'd like to have a plate mounted to one of these and throw it in the front trunk. Then if I was pulled over I could play dumb and then simply explain that I just had the car detailed and they must have removed the front plate.... oh here it is in the front trunk, let me just screw that on real quick Mr. Officer. If nothing else I could get the cop to sign off the fix-it ticket right there and only have to pay the $25 fine.

Kirk

Old 05-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
i have the best liscense plate brakcet from altec, its in my trunk i havent installed it yet cuz im afraid im gonna rip it off,(since my new bumper) but will install soon and post pix
i got mine from altec, who manufactures them

imagine getting pulled over....pushing the button .......and the cop saying u have no front plate... and u say r u sure lol........will let u know when that happends to me hahha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhZRLkzMCec

Last edited by Omarcoolguy; 05-06-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:16 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
In the 997 forum a guy is selling the tow hook mount.

Old 05-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Kirk is infamous around these partsKirk is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by function12
In the 997 forum a guy is selling the tow hook mount.
Yeah, that's what I stumbled across through a search here on 6speed. A guy named Rolf on here has them for the 911, Boxster, and Cayman for $37.50 shipped. The quality looks good and is reported to be good by other members, so I just sent him payment for that option. I still think the Promount looks like the absolute best quality, but I was tempted by a price at 1/3 of theirs and went with Rolf's product. I doubt I'll be disappointed and in reality I hope to seldom, if ever, have to actually use the product!

Kirk

Old 05-08-2009, 04:37 PM
AsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Kirk
Yeah, that's what I stumbled across through a search here on 6speed. A guy named Rolf on here has them for the 911, Boxster, and Cayman for $37.50 shipped. The quality looks good and is reported to be good by other members, so I just sent him payment for that option. I still think the Promount looks like the absolute best quality, but I was tempted by a price at 1/3 of theirs and went with Rolf's product. I doubt I'll be disappointed and in reality I hope to seldom, if ever, have to actually use the product!

Kirk
Kirk exactly...you only need to pop that on to get your tickets signed off or if you plan on parking your car on a LA City Street. I have the Rolk one that I bought over a year ago..have yet to use it AT ALL. But I am happy I have one just in case.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Wheelman is infamous around these parts
I have the moweraxle on mine and am happy with the quality. The only thing that I added was a styrofoam cushion to offset the gap between the body and plate on the right side. Without it, I was afraid it would move or tilt the plate. Been perfect for 2 years now..no issues

Old 05-09-2009, 01:27 AM
1SIKCAB is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AsianImage
Kirk exactly...you only need to pop that on to get your tickets signed off or if you plan on parking your car on a LA City Street. I have the Rolk one that I bought over a year ago..have yet to use it AT ALL. But I am happy I have one just in case.
+1. Got the Rolf bracket as well...hopefully never have to use it! btw Irv, how's it goin? Gotta do a Phoenix outing again!

The Swift looks pretty slick...won't work well on our lowered cars. Think I'm goin to order one for my more driveway friendly ride.

Last edited by 1SIKCAB; 05-09-2009 at 01:34 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:05 PM
Breakthru is infamous around these parts
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but does anyone have Rolf's contact info?

Would also be cool to see some pictures of his bracket.

Thanks 6speeders!