996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Aluminum guage bezels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 03:56 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Any link to the ones sold by brandywine on ebay?
Want to see their finish compared to others out there...
The OEM finish is moother than what I have seen from aftermarket kits

Old 10-26-2004, 06:20 AM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by mziegler38
Tim,
Take a look at my web site. It has all the pictures.
http://www.mikez.us/carrera.htm
The rubber stubs on your ruf pedals are pretty worn down. How long have you had them? Are the stubs replaceable? Is it getting slippery?

I wish someone can wire the V1 to a smaller display panel so the control module can be totally hidden.

Old 10-27-2004, 07:33 AM
mziegler38 is infamous around these parts
They were almost brand new in that picture. I think it's just a dirt caused illusion, not wear at all.

Old 10-27-2004, 09:23 AM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by msindi
Any link to the ones sold by brandywine on ebay?
Want to see their finish compared to others out there...
The OEM finish is moother than what I have seen from aftermarket kits

Just called branywine, this is their normal price. I just ordered them and Justin said they are made by the same Co. as the oem. I should get them tomorrow and I'll let you know the quality.

Old 10-28-2004, 12:07 AM
Officer Cartman is infamous around these parts
Performance Products has the chrome bezels, but it's backordered and they're raping you on shipping ($17 for an item that weighs a few ounces!). Still, a tempting alternative for only an extra $30.

Old 10-28-2004, 12:05 PM
C70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Officer Cartman
Performance Products has the chrome bezels, but it's backordered and they're raping you on shipping ($17 for an item that weighs a few ounces!). Still, a tempting alternative for only an extra $30.
I think the chrome ones would look really sharp... the aluminum looks good but the chrome will certainly make the instrument cluster the centerpiece of the interior...

is it www.performanceproducts.com or are you referring to another URL for the chrome ones?

Old 10-28-2004, 10:55 PM
Officer Cartman is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by C70Pete
I think the chrome ones would look really sharp... the aluminum looks good but the chrome will certainly make the instrument cluster the centerpiece of the interior...

is it www.performanceproducts.com or are you referring to another URL for the chrome ones?
Yes, the order line number is 196545. If you want, click on my Boxster link in the sig and go to Performance Products through their banner on there, so I get a little commission.

Old 10-29-2004, 08:27 AM
C70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these partsC70Pete is infamous around these parts
Well,

Ideally, I'd like to see what they look like before I order...

the pics on ebay of the aluminum rings vary too much for them to be the same product... hmmm

I have the cluste background painted in aluminum silver and I don't know how aluminum on aluminum would look... I saw some chrome rings on the m3 coupe and they looked hot...

Pete

Originally posted by Officer Cartman
Yes, the order line number is 196545. If you want, click on my Boxster link in the sig and go to Performance Products through their banner on there, so I get a little commission.

Old 10-29-2004, 10:41 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I ended up going with the FVD's. The fit could be better and the superglue is messy if you're not careful. They look good, if I had it to do over, I'd get oem/bp's I think.

Old 10-29-2004, 10:36 PM
aben8057 is infamous around these parts
Picked up this months excellence magazine and notice that nrauto.com has them for $99

ttp://www.nrauto.com/sub_index.asp?makeid=Porsche&spage=Accessory