996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

RIP my 996

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 09:00 AM
chsu74 is infamous around these parts
This is a testament on how solid our cars are built. Glad that you were able to walk away from this.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:07 AM
ivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to behold
Happy to hear you are well

Old 05-25-2009, 09:08 AM
Former Vendor
StuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to behold
Wow, I am sorry that happened! I am glad you're ok.

Do we need to fix it for you?

Are you going to fix it?

Last edited by StuartsPNB; 05-26-2009 at 07:31 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:35 AM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
wow!!! get yourself checked out... Im glad you walked away...wish you the best. Another new engine on the market... what year is it?

Old 05-25-2009, 09:49 AM
NIKAS is infamous around these parts
Comforting to see that the car crumpled to protect you. I echo the sentiments of everyone else - you can always get another car!

Old 05-25-2009, 11:57 AM
livenupe is infamous around these parts
Ouch!! Most importantly, I'm glad you're ok

Old 05-25-2009, 01:25 PM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
amazing! hopefully nothing will show up later in the health dept. You should be able to recoup the cost of extras added to your car (engine, bumpers etc), just need to haggle with the insurance.
g/l

Old 05-25-2009, 03:17 PM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
I agree, I will always own a Porsche if I can... I had a similar accident but the rear hit made me ramp an embankment and go airborne rolling three times down another side after landing first on the roof.

I walked away... any other car I'd be long gone.

A

Old 05-25-2009, 07:52 PM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
Man, Glad you made it, your signature always made me a little uneasy... almost like a premonition.

That's a shame about the car.. Don't know what kind of coverage you (more importantly, the other owner) have but they will probably not want to cover the new engine value. I would try to negotiate fair value for the car + you being able to remove the engine. As I remember, you did a lot of research in who sells them.. see if anyone can consignment it or buy it.

Having gone through the engine problems once, what's next?

Old 05-25-2009, 10:46 PM
MCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by StuartsPNB
Wow, I am sorry that happened! I am glad your ok.

Do we need to fix it for you?

Are you going to fix it?
You guys do amazing work but I don't think all the kings horses and all the kings me can help with this one.

The engine has 7k miles on it and two weekends ago I was at RUF getting the oil changed. The car really was well taken care of but what can you do? It'll be an interesting time with insurance and police reports and hospital bills - I'm sure the daily trip to the mailbox is going to be very interesting over the next few weeks!

Old 05-25-2009, 11:04 PM
Slapshot is infamous around these partsSlapshot is infamous around these parts
I only just joined the forums, but am very sorry to hear of what happened. The fact that, no matter how perfectly we maintain, and drive the cars we love, it might still not be enough is something we all live in fear of. The fact that your survived, almost entirely intact, and will live to drive another Porsche is all that truly matters.

Best wishes in dealing with insurance, medical issues, and all else that comes to pass in such circumstances. And on finding another Porsche that carries you further upon the plane we all exist on.

John

Old 05-25-2009, 11:16 PM
GoodSpeed is infamous around these parts
OMG
Glad that you are OK.
Keep up the positive spirit. Everything will turn out just fine in the end for you!

Old 05-25-2009, 11:45 PM
Doc_Porsche is infamous around these partsDoc_Porsche is infamous around these parts
sorry to hear about the unfortunate accident..... at least you're OK....... definetely keep up with the follow-up...... in the heat of the moment, injuries don't come up until later........glad you're okay though.....

Old 05-26-2009, 02:47 AM
FLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud of
Sorry to hear about this and I'm glad you're O.K.

"a guy in a Saturn clipped my rear end and basically put me in a pit maneuver" - Any further details on what actually happened?...was it a normal accident?...was this guy trying to race you?...

Old 05-26-2009, 07:36 AM
Former Vendor
StuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MCM97
You guys do amazing work but I don't think all the kings horses and all the kings me can help with this one.

The engine has 7k miles on it and two weekends ago I was at RUF getting the oil changed. The car really was well taken care of but what can you do? It'll be an interesting time with insurance and police reports and hospital bills - I'm sure the daily trip to the mailbox is going to be very interesting over the next few weeks!
First off, I appreciate the complement!

We recently just finished a certain 997 Race car that needed a whole front clip....I mean this thing was SMASHED! Hopefully I will be able to share the build with everyone soon...

Contact Doug@stuartspnb.com or 214.221.6999

You should have seen the 997 GT2 we just fixed, it had the whole left side missing......

Email him and tell him Nathan told you to call about this....I am almost 100% sure we can fix it for you.

It sounds like it was your baby, do you want to fix it?

Send Doug some photo's....

Last edited by StuartsPNB; 05-26-2009 at 07:55 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RIP my 996