996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Spotted Matte Black Porsche Cab

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 06:42 AM
drektek is infamous around these parts
Spotted Matte Black Porsche Cab

Spotted this Porsche 996 (don't know if it is a Carrera or turbo since is has no badges) with a killer matte black paint job on Milwaukee Avenue in Chicago.

Anybody know who owns this?

Old 06-08-2009, 07:01 AM
leeps911 is infamous around these partsleeps911 is infamous around these parts
I would say that's not a turbo... but, man that looks good!!!

Old 06-08-2009, 07:17 AM
the pictures definitely don't do it justice. I think it looks amazing in person. i wish i had my DLSR.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:17 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Not Turbo. How do you upkeep matte paint?

Old 06-08-2009, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by deckman
Not Turbo. How do you upkeep matte paint?
i have no idea. i think i MIGHT know the owner of the car. i 'll have to make some calls...

Old 06-08-2009, 07:58 AM
C4RRA is infamous around these partsC4RRA is infamous around these parts
photoshop!!! Its ok i guess? I dont know about the matte black. Its played out.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:15 AM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
thas **** looks hot!!! its a carrera. remember the turbo tail lights are not the same. but everything looks sweet! he even molded the front bumper!

Old 06-08-2009, 09:04 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by C4RRA
photoshop!!! Its ok i guess? I dont know about the matte black. Its played out.
Played out? I don't know if I like it or not (the paint), but I have only seen one other car painted matte black in person my entire life.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:11 AM
1999 C4 Cab 6 Speed
my996 is infamous around these parts
I didn't think I'd like the matte look but that looks excellent. I love the clean lines too with no badges. Some silver wheels might look better - red's not doing it.

Last edited by my996; 06-08-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Tommy Carrera is infamous around these parts
Could it be...

that this is a car wrap not a paint job.

I got a quote for a matte black wrap for my 996 that was around 3k. (I was considering doing Gumball 3000 and my Guards Red car was a bit too conspicuous for screaming cross country runs)

I think the matte black with no badges is nice.

One of the wrap companies has a lot of pics of matte black jobs on their website. The Ford GT in matte is sick.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:27 AM
LowStro9 is infamous around these parts
Don't get me wrong, I love my red Porsche but I secretly think the red is a little cliche and have been thinking about going matte black for the last few months. They say you change the color you kill the value. The mods that have been done to my car are attuned to a very specific buyer and would not apply to the "purist purchaser" anywhere. With that, thanks for the find and solidifying my thoughts about a color change. I wish we could find who the owner was. I would love to know the paint manufacturer and color code. Sweet!

Old 06-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Tommy Carrera is infamous around these parts
A Red Porsche isn't a 'cliche'. It is an icon. There are really only 3 colors in my mind for a 911.
Guards Red. The dream of every gear head kid at my school in the 80's was a red Slant nose convertable.
Silver. Not only is it historical (German race cars were traditionally silver with red interior) but the beauty of silver car against the black tarmac is magical.
Black. Black on black 911 GT2 with black painted rims. Nothing says "Don't f**k with me." any more directly than that.

Now don't get me wrong. Speed Yellow is sweet, but I have flashbacks of all those yellow Toyota Supras in the 80's. The neon orange and greens of the GT3RS...Those colors are forever Lamborghini colors to me. And White...well..white will always be the color under the Martini stripes I love so dearly. (Had a 924 Martini SE for far too brief a time.)

As for the others...everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
Thumbs up

thats sick!!!

Old 06-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by LowStro9
With that, thanks for the find and solidifying my thoughts about a color change. I wish we could find who the owner was. I would love to know the paint manufacturer and color code. Sweet!
I'll try to get in touch with my guy who said he was going to do it to his Porsche. i think it might be his, not too sure though, but my gut is telling me it is him. I will PM you when i find out. His did not have that kit or those rims when i last saw it. If that indeed IS his, he snapped and went all out!!

And it was definitely paint. If it was a fully wrapped car i would have been able to tell (I work in advertising, where we wrap buses and trains).

Old 06-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
HxCforlife has a spectacular aura aboutHxCforlife has a spectacular aura about
It is def not wrapped you can tell by the dif. shades from the stock body pannels to the aftermarket front and rear bumper. But it does look really good and the turbo vents look amazing though i wouldnt eat a bag of greasy chips and touch the car haha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Spotted Matte Black Porsche Cab