996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Ah Yeah... Body Mods Complete - Photos!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 10:28 PM
Doug996InKC is infamous around these partsDoug996InKC is infamous around these parts
Ah Yeah... Body Mods Complete - Photos!

After one month in my garage putting in the 3rd radiator (and goofing around with other stuff), plus another three weeks at the body shop --http://www.kccolors.com -- my car is finally done. Here are the details:

1. TA Replica Front Bumper from NR Auto

2. Genuine TECHART polyurethane side skirts courtesy of TECHART (originals warped... see this thread for more info: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-products.html)

3. Rear bumperette delete. A few reasons for this. The first being, that FVD's rear GT look bumper didn't work out so well. At least the company stood behind the product, though. See this thread: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-body-kit.html And since I drilled out the rivets, and ended up snapping one of the rectangular aluminum pieces that the bumperettes attach to, I was "forced" to do the bumper delete. The guys at the body shop even went so far as to find the exact type of bumper plastic (off a VW, I think they said), so when they plastic welded it in, the shrinking and expansion of the plastic would be the same as the stock bumper.

4. 911 S badge. If I ever supercharge it (TPC's series 2 blower -- not the series 1 that does under 400 horse... the new one), it'll already be on there.

I can't say enough good things about KC Colors. It was my first experience doing business there. Their quality of work is top notch. A guy named "Z" that works there spent many hours making that front bumper fit perfectly, including refiberglassing a lot of areas, and building up the upper grill with fiberglass, so the space between it and the hood was perfect. Although you can't tell in the photos, the grill piece is a high gloss black. You can see yourself in it!

Next on the list is a stereo upgrade. I've also been considering putting a big hydraulic lift in my garage. I think this car is a keeper!

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Doug996InKC; 06-14-2009 at 11:00 PM. Reason: resized photos
Old 06-14-2009, 10:40 PM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
Holy crap Doug... I didn't know you were doing this, It looks outstanding! Bumperette delete was a must and I like the Gloss Black on the GT2 vent instead of flat. Very nice mix of parts, you definately won't sneak up anywhere!

Enjoy it in good health.

Old 06-14-2009, 10:42 PM
bentlink is infamous around these parts
Thanks for pics. My favorite part is the tail. Beautiful.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:04 PM
Doug996InKC is infamous around these partsDoug996InKC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by iJeremy
Holy crap Doug... I didn't know you were doing this, It looks outstanding! Bumperette delete was a must and I like the Gloss Black on the GT2 vent instead of flat. Very nice mix of parts, you definately won't sneak up anywhere!
Thanks Jeremy! Now that the shop is closed... where does everybody hang out? Still Saturdays at Le Peeps?

Old 06-14-2009, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by bentlink
Thanks for pics. My favorite part is the tail. Beautiful.
Thanks. The tail was reworked a bit too. Some of the fiberglass started to "spider", so body guy "Z" made it perfect again. Tim, the owner of KC Colors, Z, and I spent a lot of time trying to figure out the best position to stick the "S" badge. I saw a yellow 997 convertible in the other day, and noticed the "S" is usually a few inches to the right of the Carerra, but... I like where mine ended up. I can't believe I paid $150 for that 911 badge (from Sunset Porsche even)!

Last edited by Doug996InKC; 06-14-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:09 PM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
Yeah I believe they still meet up early Saturday Mornings at Le Peep and have the occasional PCA meet. The annual trip down to the Lake of the Ozarks was just a couple weekends ago. I'm sure theres more stuff listed in Dersportwagen. Sean, Neil or Doug Pierce would be happy to let you know when/where stuff is going on, heres their contact info: http://kcrpca.org/officers.html

Congrats again on the new look.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:01 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
HxCforlife has a spectacular aura aboutHxCforlife has a spectacular aura about
Looks great man!!! Tail looks goood with the LED lights only thing you need now is some side skirts asap!! haha

Old 06-15-2009, 08:15 AM
92tsiawd is infamous around these parts
Nice, I like the wing with the scoop

Old 06-15-2009, 08:47 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Looks very nice, but you're missing the passenger side marker?

Old 06-15-2009, 09:21 AM
rudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the roughrudy1024 is a jewel in the rough
Wow Doug, looking good! That's a great front bumper - where did you get the mesh? I like that stuff a lot better than what I have. Interesting about the bumperette delete - on my kit they already were deleted, but the body shop guy talked me into keeping them - so they had to cut in the holes and fab new brackets to make them flush. Still not sure I like them... maybe no bumperettes should have been the way for me to go -the extra work added another three weeks...

Looks great!

Here's mine with painted bumperettes:
Name:  023a.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  125.5 KB

Rudy

Old 06-15-2009, 11:18 AM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future
Thumbs up

that looks great....if you want a lip like mine call tony at www.precisionporsche.com...it will make the front even lower!!!! i also have that lip u have as a spare

Last edited by Omarcoolguy; 06-15-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by wross996TT
Looks very nice, but you're missing the passenger side marker?
Hehehe, yeah. Wross, you win! I wondered how long it would be before someone noticed that. I agreed to put the light back in, cause I didn't want to delay delivery. I also need to put the driver fender liner back in, and try out the hub-centric 17mm front spacers.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by Omarcoolguy
that looks great....if you want a lip like mine call tony at www.precisionporsche.com...it will make the front even lower!!!! i also have that lip u have
No way man! I would be scraping the road! I raised the PSS9s about 1 inch already, in preparation, but need to come back down. The front wheel spacers will dictate how low I can go.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Doug996InKC
Hehehe, yeah. Wross, you win! I wondered how long it would be before someone noticed that. I agreed to put the light back in, cause I didn't want to delay delivery. I also need to put the driver fender liner back in, and try out the hub-centric 17mm front spacers.
what size spacers are on it now?

Old 06-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by rudy1024
That's a great front bumper - where did you get the mesh?
Mesh was included with the front bumper (NR Auto). Neil is the contact at NR Auto. "Z" the body man formed it around the openings and fiberglassed them into place. Zero screws!

It was pretty easy to remove the bumperette aluminum pieces. Just drill out the rivets. Hardest part is plastic welding. If you're handy, you can perform all but the plastic welding and finish work.

Last edited by Doug996InKC; 06-15-2009 at 11:33 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ah Yeah... Body Mods Complete - Photos!