996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

static when playing cd..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 01:28 AM
KwlAznKid is a glorious beacon of lightKwlAznKid is a glorious beacon of lightKwlAznKid is a glorious beacon of lightKwlAznKid is a glorious beacon of lightKwlAznKid is a glorious beacon of light
static when playing cd..

this has been going on since i got the car about 2 weeks ago, there would be static when i'm playing the cd, sometimes it's worse than others, but in tracks 6-12 it gets really bad, and yes i have tried multiple different cds.same story. and it's static like the kind you hear on radio stations when you start to lose connection... i've never heard of it happening on a cd before.. anyone know what it could be? i checked the connections of the wires under the cd changer and it's fine. help?

thanks

Old 06-15-2009, 04:28 AM
PasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to all
I would try to swap cd players with a buddy to eliminate the changer/headunit itself