996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

fitted my k&n engine management light is on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 07:31 AM
123packman is infamous around these parts
fitted my k&n engine management light is on

hi guys,

i have had fitted a k & n induction kit at the same time of aload of body work so lights etc are all unplugged,

my engine mangement light is on so wondering why this could be?? could this just be as lights air bags etc are all unplugged? any suggestions would be great

also had the manifolds and back boxs changed but not touched cats

Old 08-11-2009, 07:40 AM
fastdreams has a spectacular aura aboutfastdreams has a spectacular aura about
First step is to read the code responsible for the engine light.

Is it flashing when you drive or solid? If it's flashing stop driving it - it is misfiring and can cause damage.

It sounds like a lot is going on so get the code first. Simple likely answer is there is too much oil on your k&n filter which coats the MAF sensor and triggers the light. Pull your MAF sensor and clean it carefully with sensor cleaner and a qtip (or throttle body cleaner works for me), and take off the k&n - make sure it is not over oiled.

But it could be an o2 sensor as you had work done to the exhaust. Make sure the pre and post cat o2 sensors are in place and ok.

Have the code read first and foremost.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:59 AM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
Reading your post, powering up with the airbags disconnected will cause a CEL. Definitely get the code read (and reset).

G/L

jorge

Old 08-11-2009, 10:00 AM
mathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond reputemathism has a reputation beyond repute
Hook everything back up, unplug the battery for at least 15 min, then restart and see if you still have the CEL.