996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

cigrette lighter not very useful power port

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 09:56 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
cigrette lighter not very useful power port

is it just me or is our 12v cig lighter too short for most cell phone adaptors n devices to be charged in the car?

what does everyone else do replace it with a different one or wire up a seperate plug somewhere else?

or maybe im dumb and there is another one i havent found?

Old 09-03-2009, 09:59 AM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
is it just me or is our 12v cig lighter too short for most cell phone adaptors n devices to be charged in the car?

what does everyone else do replace it with a different one or wire up a seperate plug somewhere else?

or maybe im dumb and there is another one i havent found?
They are fairly shallow, mine hangs out of the port quite a bit and easily drops out if bumped. I just try not to smack it when I'm in there and deal with it.

(wow that was full of innuendo)

Old 09-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to behold
You guys are in luck, we have a cigarette lighter upgrade from the 996's.

It is found on our website here!

Let me know if you have any questions.

ryan@suncoastparts.com

Last edited by SuncoastRyan; 09-03-2009 at 01:00 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:22 AM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
Very nice Ryan!

Old 09-03-2009, 10:33 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iJeremy
They are fairly shallow, mine hangs out of the port quite a bit and easily drops out if bumped. I just try not to smack it when I'm in there and deal with it.

(wow that was full of innuendo)

lmao omg u had me rolling same problem with mine im trying to find a dock for my iphone that stays in the port but with this little asian female sized port seems unlikely looks like i get to replace it with a suncoast part

Old 09-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by SuncoastRyan
You guys are in luck, we have a cigarette lighter upgrade from the 997's.

It is found on our website here!

Let me know if you have any questions.

is this a porsche product or aftermarket?

Old 09-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
is this a porsche product or aftermarket?

These are all Genuine Porsche parts with Porsche part numbers.

ryan@suncoastparts.com

Old 09-03-2009, 05:08 PM
trying to look at pic can it be removed without taking off the dash trim pieces?

Old 09-04-2009, 08:51 AM
PasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to all
bought an el cheapo splitter at the shack for like 5 beans. stays in the cig and give me 2 plugs.... el cheapo = made slightly too thick so it stays in there well...