996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

yellow mellow 996 with carbon interior - good?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 03:25 PM
geestyleed is infamous around these parts
Hi guys,
today I had a look at the yellow porsche.

The outside condition was awesome - no dents and the rims were nice as well. The profil of the tires was enough, but less than 70%.
Front trunk was clean with a nice CD-Changer.

There was one thing which made me a bit confused and not buying this car.

The interior was not that what I expected.
The dashboard and and the condition of the Radio etc. were good, but the steering wheel looked a bit wasted, where no carbon was. The gearstick already had a little yellowish taint and the seat have already seen their best days. The door inlays were also not in the best shape.
The roof liner was behind the sunroof not 100% tight. All these parts looked as if the car had much more than 53.000. The brake pedal in contrast looked good.
The carfax is clean(3 owner car). No warranty for this car.

The engine sounded good, no odd sound or so.

I talked to the owner and he wants to obtain a Porsche for me - that sounds good. The owner was really nice and took time for me.

Old 09-21-2009, 03:55 PM
HI guys - I dont want to be annyoing, but I have found a new one. What do you think of this one?

Follow me

The car has 59.222 on the odometer not 54.222. He made me the price of 26.000 Dollar.

Unfortunately I cant have a look personally. Is some living in this area?

In the last service the rear main (what is it) was replaced - not cause of malfunction, just service.

Vehicle Information: 2003 PORSCHE 911 TARGA
VIN: WP0BA29993S635293
COUPE
3.6L H6 SFI DOHC
REAR WHEEL DRIVE
Standard Equipment | Safety Options

No accident / damage reported to CARFAX
3 Previous owners
Personal vehicle
4 Service records available
12 Detailed records available
57.885 miles

Old 09-21-2009, 05:40 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
love the black one... and it's a targa!
jp

Old 09-21-2009, 05:54 PM
Yeah thats it - I love Targas!!!

Here are further informations, which might be interesting.

Also also get a full "hardcore" car cleaning and a offered me a one year world wide warranty. That sounds so awesome! I think I will go for it, when I have a green light from Germany.

RMS replaced at 46.734 miles - is this any god?

Just under 60K yes sir, and not a sign of aging or any abuse.
Full Mack Daddy Detail is slang at the store for when three of our best take the later evening, when its cooler and darker to put four or five hours into fully steaming the engine, shampooing the carpets, removing any swirls with clay ( this car has none), buffing any uneven previous wax off to a brilliantly smooth surface, and then waxing it back to a "wet paint" luster for protection and a deep, lasting, like-new shine.

Rear Main Seal is an extreme-climate recommended maintenance item that is suggested between 50-60 K. This was done at 46,700 as it was published (talk about a very detailed owner) in Albequerque that they were considered as we are an extreme climate zone.

Once you own the car and register with Porsche of America, you can access the details of each individual record. The dealers on the carFAX can only talk to the owner registered in Porsche's database. They did however verify that at the 54,000 mark that the 60,000 mile service was performed.
We installed New Factory Parts Brake Pads, and the rotors are perfect.
The DOT rating on the tires is ZR, and they are Michelin Pilot Sport's, 225/40ZR18 on 18x8 inch Porsche - "Turbo Look II's" up front and 285/30ZR18 on 18x10inch Porsche - "Turbos Look II's" out back in Polished Silver Ultra Light Alloy Finish, with Full color Porsche logo center caps.
Warranty info from carfax below:
Basic 48 months or 50,000 miles Coverage expired
Drivetrain 48 months or 50,000 miles Coverage expired
Emissions No data reported to CARFAX
Corrosion 120 months or unlimited mileage 41 months or unlimited mileage
Transferable No data reported to CARFAX
Roadside Assistance 48 months or 50,000 miles Coverage expired
Safety belt & inflatable restraint No data reported to CARFAX
Specific Components 96 months or 80,000 miles 17 months or 24,209 miles
Notes: Transferable: no cost, unlimited owners covered. Roadside assistance during basic coverage. Manufacturer covers emissions components under basic warranty. Emissions coverage may vary by state.

Last edited by geestyleed; 09-21-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:20 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
"Rear Main Seal is an extreme-climate recommended maintenance item that is suggested between 50-60 K. This was done at 46,700 as it was published (talk about a very detailed owner) in Albequerque that they were considered as we are an extreme climate zone."

Priceless.... LOL!

Old 09-22-2009, 05:22 AM
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
"Rear Main Seal is an extreme-climate recommended maintenance item that is suggested between 50-60 K. This was done at 46,700 as it was published (talk about a very detailed owner) in Albequerque that they were considered as we are an extreme climate zone."

Priceless.... LOL!
I thought the same

Old 09-22-2009, 07:12 AM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
+1. get the targa.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:49 PM
Yeah that is THE 911 for me.

But unfortunately I am still fighting with my head to buy a unseen car with 60.000 mls, although I would have a warranty. Do you know how I feel?
Horrible

Old 09-23-2009, 04:08 AM
don't buy it without looking at... that's a luxury you can only do with new cars.
Maybe the car looks awesome in pictures but the interior may be worn or pet smell, cigarette smell.... you can't capture those aromas in pictures....

Or even worse, weird engine noises and how it drives.
Right now, plane tickets are cheap. (unless you are still in Germany!)
joel

Old 09-25-2009, 08:22 PM
fastgt350 has a spectacular aura aboutfastgt350 has a spectacular aura aboutfastgt350 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by geestyleed
Yeah that was my original plan, but if this is "the" car - than I would buy a <2002.

Do you think it is possible to get a good 2002+, under 60.000 for under 30.000 $?
ill sell you my 2003 blk/blk 6speed 911 with only 31000 miles for 31k

Old 07-22-2010, 01:03 AM
johnnyreb2010 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PacMan Z
I would look for a 2002 and up. It will be a little more from your pocket but the headlights look so much better.
2002 is the year that had all the upgrades, & the lights DEFINITELY look better, but i'm still tryin to figure out what i want to do to mine paint, tint, etc...i'm still not a big fan of the fried egg look.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:45 PM
GriffC4S is infamous around these parts
I have a 04 C4S Speed Yellow Cab and the one thing that I really like is that when Porsche paints the car at the factory, they use yellow primer and then paint the car Speed yellow. This makes the yellow a really deep color. It really shows no dirt and any chips in the paint are not noticeable (like my past 2 dark colored Porsches). I am a speed yellow fan through and through. Besides it is relatively rare color, since almost all Porsches you see on the road are Silver/gray, Black and red. I was told by PNA that my P-car is one of 10 made that year with the options listed (Spd Yel, Cab, Tip). In fact I have never seen an exact replica of my car anywhere on the road, at shows, at the PCA club, anywhere. And I live in Porsche Country in Southern California. Once in a while they show up on AutoTrader, but only rarely.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:07 PM
Airrik is infamous around these partsAirrik is infamous around these parts
I feel the EXACT same way about my dark green 996 Porsche. Ever seen an almost forest evergreen 996 with a tip that is a coupe on 2003 18' star rims with savanna leather? 9 times out of Ten the answer is no!

Old 07-22-2010, 06:33 PM
BiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RaphaelP
Hey, Captain Obvious... Did you not notice this thread is almost a year old? WTF!!
AND STILL PEOPLE CONTINUE TO POST...just like me lmao

Old 07-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Steve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud of
RaphaelP: subtle like a hammer rep points for you +1